Let The Trades Begin!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Let The Trades Begin!

What did Mitch attempt to grab? DH didn't like it!

Thanks Jimmy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Houston's response to the Lakers, post DH signing!

None animated gif on Giphy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Baxter Holmes
    @BaxterHolmes

League source tells Globe that the Celtics have made no deals today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Danny what happened????? I thought you would do the tanking for the Celtics and get first round picks for Hump and Bass.

GUESS WHAT????

DEAD WRONG AGAIN FUNGY...

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabb/bi/af/a-/cc/DannyAinge.gif

jack nicholson

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

What a dead day in the NBA. Nothing happened.  Anywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Danny what happened????? I thought you would do the tanking for the Celtics and get first round picks for Hump and Bass.

GUESS WHAT????

DEAD WRONG AGAIN FUNGY...

None animated gif on Giphy

jack nicholson

Mitch preparing for his next career! Dance - Dance - Dance!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Everybody seems to think that teams want the celtics garbage. Not hapening. We will have to stick with the team and see what happens on draft night. Lottery team yes, how high and low depends on the Celtics play. There's still a good niucleus to this team. Need more scoring. Rebounding has been surprisingly good this year. Have to let a couple of contracts expire to make a move.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Danny already has his BSCP...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline??? posted at 2/12/2014 8:12 PM EST Fiercy Posts: 2055 First: 1/7/2014 Last: 2/20/2014 Don't worry, Pete, Danny will surprise you.

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline??? posted at 2/12/2014 8:12 PM EST Fiercy Posts: 2055 First: 1/7/2014 Last: 2/20/2014 Don't worry, Pete, Danny will surprise you.

Just two moves.

Trade Hump and Bass for expiring contracts or picks and we're done.

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline???

posted at 2/17/2014 12:21 PM EST

• Fiercy
    • First: 1/7/2014
    • Last: 2/20/2014

In response to Petey62's comment:

Are we willing to make a trade that benefits another team and not the Celtics?  I am really beginning to wonder if any team will give us something we need or can use that will help in our rebuild.

We, Celtics fans, are the only people who believe Bass and Bogans and Humphries are going to yield us quality players or picks.  It's just not going to happen.

And I, for one, am against DA trading these guys if it doesn't benefit us.  As much sense as it makes to move these guys, it's senseless to do it without getting some value in return.

There seems to be very little talk of pending trades.  Very few rumors this close to the deadline.  Why?

That's because a lot of trades will happen at the trade deadline.

Right now teams are posturing, waiting for someone else to make the first move.

And Ainge already made a trade that resulted in the Pistons getting a championship and the Celts not benefitting from it.

Remember the Chucky Atkins and Lindsey Hunter to Boston trade?

posted at 2/18/2014 7:52 PM EST

• Fiercy

I'm hearing a rumor of Bayless to Detroit for Wil Bynum.

If this is the trade deadline deal by DA, I'd consider the Celtics as having done nothing.

I'm really beginning to believe we will not make a deal by Thursday at 3 pm EST.

It doesn't seem like DA really wants to.

I'm not disappointed if that is the case.

No way Ainge doesn't make a move. Worst case scenario is Ainge only makes 1 trade  

posted at 2/18/2014 8:11 PM EST

• Fiercy

Fierce, I hear you but, again, if that one trade is Bayless for Wil Bynum, then I'm not considering that any real kind of deal.

I mean, doesn't seem like anybody wants Hump or Bass for what the Celtics are asking.  Besides, other teams are driving that deal happening.  Not the Celtics.

Also, it's being reported that DA is receiving calls about Rondo, Sully, Oly and Green.  Maybe that's just too many "irons in the fire" to focus on one good, meaningful deal.

What deal do you think DA will eventually make because there is nothing seemingly imminent as of now?

Bass and Hump will be gone.

Both players are really playing well and playoff teams would really benefit from having Bass or Hump.

The Suns or Bobcats would be ideal for Hump.

OKC would be ideal for Bass.

Worst case scenario is out of the two, Bass and Hump, only one gets traded.

jack nicholson

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

That was  a big letdown.  This was most def a buyers market, lot of sellers, I think  houston and phoenix were the only 2 teams looking to improve their roster and assetts to make a deal. Houston made a small deal for hamilton and phoenix stood pat. To put in perspective how much value these 1st round picks have, not one  team would gave one up, the suns could have really used gasol, they are making a playoff push and need a halfcourt scorer and they have surplus of picks and still didnt think gasol was worth it, Thats why I thought it was crazy that some on here (fiercy) thought that bbass or hump were worth 1st  rd picks when pau gasol cant even fetch that.

Im ok with no moves, we can still make a trade in the offseason when we have a clearer understanding of our team and draft position. I am surprised asik wasnt traded tho, y would houston pay him another very expensive year as a disgruntled 2nd/3rd string center? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was  a big letdown.  This was most def a buyers market, lot of sellers, I think  houston and phoenix were the only 2 teams looking to improve their roster and assetts to make a deal. Houston made a small deal for hamilton and phoenix stood pat. To put in perspective how much value these 1st round picks have, not one  team would gave one up, the suns could have really used gasol, they are making a playoff push and need a halfcourt scorer and they have surplus of picks and still didnt think gasol was worth it, Thats why I thought it was crazy that some on here (fiercy) thought that bbass or hump were worth 1st  rd picks when pau gasol cant even fetch that.

Im ok with no moves, we can still make a trade in the offseason when we have a clearer understanding of our team and draft position. I am surprised asik wasnt traded tho, y would houston pay him another very expensive year as a disgruntled 2nd/3rd string center? 

[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

It wasn't just the Celtics didn't make a move. No one made a move. Not one team took a chance to try and really improve to make a run.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Isn't there a one year moratorium for resigning previously traded players like Hump BCSP?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure - a great question for Fierce! 

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha ... thought you might need some hand holding. Make sure to ask Fiercy when you can take your next dump too ... LOL!!!

PS: 23 mins left to get a #1 Pick for Hump

[/QUOTE]

If your trying to be as annoying as fierce congrats  He was wrong and if the situation was reversed im sure he would be rubbing it in but by you rubbing it in your no better. This obv makes his guarantees a joke and we all knew that already. Give it a rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

[QUOTE]

DANNY HURRY FUNGY SAID YOU WOULD DO THE TANKING FOR THEM ANS ALL THE TRADABLES WOULD BE GONE INCLUDING BASS AND HUMPHRIES.

[/QUOTE]

Would you seriously argue your in a better position for the future than the celts? All the pictures in the world wont change the fact you aren't. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Just two moves.

Trade Hump and Bass for expiring contracts or picks and we're done.

posted at 2/17/2014 12:21 PM EST

• Fiercy

Are we willing to make a trade that benefits another team and not the Celtics?  I am really beginning to wonder if any team will give us something we need or can use that will help in our rebuild.

We, Celtics fans, are the only people who believe Bass and Bogans and Humphries are going to yield us quality players or picks.  It's just not going to happen.

And I, for one, am against DA trading these guys if it doesn't benefit us.  As much sense as it makes to move these guys, it's senseless to do it without getting some value in return.

There seems to be very little talk of pending trades.  Very few rumors this close to the deadline.  Why?

That's because a lot of trades will happen at the trade deadline.

Right now teams are posturing, waiting for someone else to make the first move.

And Ainge already made a trade that resulted in the Pistons getting a championship and the Celts not benefitting from it.

Remember the Chucky Atkins and Lindsey Hunter to Boston trade?

posted at 2/18/2014 7:52 PM EST

• Fiercy

I'm hearing a rumor of Bayless to Detroit for Wil Bynum.

If this is the trade deadline deal by DA, I'd consider the Celtics as having done nothing.

I'm really beginning to believe we will not make a deal by Thursday at 3 pm EST.

It doesn't seem like DA really wants to.

I'm not disappointed if that is the case.

No way Ainge doesn't make a move. Worst case scenario is Ainge only makes 1 trade  

posted at 2/18/2014 8:11 PM EST

• Fiercy

Fierce, I hear you but, again, if that one trade is Bayless for Wil Bynum, then I'm not considering that any real kind of deal.

I mean, doesn't seem like anybody wants Hump or Bass for what the Celtics are asking.  Besides, other teams are driving that deal happening.  Not the Celtics.

Also, it's being reported that DA is receiving calls about Rondo, Sully, Oly and Green.  Maybe that's just too many "irons in the fire" to focus on one good, meaningful deal.

What deal do you think DA will eventually make because there is nothing seemingly imminent as of now?

Bass and Hump will be gone.

Both players are really playing well and playoff teams would really benefit from having Bass or Hump.

The Suns or Bobcats would be ideal for Hump.

OKC would be ideal for Bass.

Worst case scenario is out of the two, Bass and Hump, only one gets traded.

jack nicholson

BUMP...