15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Let's assess the Celtics situation

In response to satchsanders's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well, 17 days until the deadline and 4 months and 3 weeks until the draft.

Celts stand at 16 and 33 and will not make the playoffs.  We have played 49 games with 33 remaining.  I will say I was wrong about my originalprediction that the C's would win 31 games.  (Perhaps if there had been and would continue to be a 100% effort from the entire organization toward winning this season then maybe they could have reached the level of mediocre, but it's fine with me that they are tanking.  It's much better in the NBA to $uck than to be slightly below average.)

Wallace's contract is an anchor.  I don't understand what Vitor ever did to get into the permanent doghouse (on THIS team).  I'm shocked that Green is averaging 16; it seems like less.  I'm shocked that Sully is averaging 8 boards; it seems like more.

I love Rondo.  Can't apologize for it.  I hope he learns to shoot the ball more.  I hate to see that sag when he pounds it.  If I have any complaint about Rondo it's that he doesn't know how to punish a team for cheating off him.

I love Chris Johnson and I think we should keep Hump.

Kelly Olynyk needs a haircut and some serious weight training and he will be fine in the. NBA.  Green works as a second option.

The question for me becomes:  how and when can the Celtics acquire a legitimate NBA center.  When was the last time we had a legitimate NBA center?  Robert Parish?  Jermaine O'Neal?  Shaq in decline?  Mark Blount?

Lottery is in ...May??  Is that right?  A month prior to the draft?  The Celts will get like 8 ping pong balls.  It has happened before that the 3rd or 4th worst team has won the lottery.

Get rid of Wallace, land a legitimate 5 and draft monster in June.

[/QUOTE]

+1 . Agree with just about everything you posted  Especially re. Vitor and Kelly O getting a haircut. With a little luck perhaps the ping pong balls roll our way for a change and we draft Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are both right about the ping pong balls and we end up with the top draft pick this season.  At least if the Celtics continue to lose they should end up with the top 5 pick if not higher. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I actually hope we get the #2 pick this year......for whatever reason.  Call it a hunch!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This thread went to H E L L fast........another ruined thread!!!!!! SMDHYell

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to satchsanders's comment:

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well, 17 days until the deadline and 4 months and 3 weeks until the draft.

Celts stand at 16 and 33 and will not make the playoffs.  We have played 49 games with 33 remaining.  I will say I was wrong about my originalprediction that the C's would win 31 games.  (Perhaps if there had been and would continue to be a 100% effort from the entire organization toward winning this season then maybe they could have reached the level of mediocre, but it's fine with me that they are tanking.  It's much better in the NBA to $uck than to be slightly below average.)

Wallace's contract is an anchor.  I don't understand what Vitor ever did to get into the permanent doghouse (on THIS team).  I'm shocked that Green is averaging 16; it seems like less.  I'm shocked that Sully is averaging 8 boards; it seems like more.

I love Rondo.  Can't apologize for it.  I hope he learns to shoot the ball more.  I hate to see that sag when he pounds it.  If I have any complaint about Rondo it's that he doesn't know how to punish a team for cheating off him.

I love Chris Johnson and I think we should keep Hump.

Kelly Olynyk needs a haircut and some serious weight training and he will be fine in the. NBA.  Green works as a second option.

The question for me becomes:  how and when can the Celtics acquire a legitimate NBA center.  When was the last time we had a legitimate NBA center?  Robert Parish?  Jermaine O'Neal?  Shaq in decline?  Mark Blount?

Lottery is in ...May??  Is that right?  A month prior to the draft?  The Celts will get like 8 ping pong balls.  It has happened before that the 3rd or 4th worst team has won the lottery.

Get rid of Wallace, land a legitimate 5 and draft monster in June.

+1 . Agree with just about everything you posted  Especially re. Vitor and Kelly O getting a haircut. With a little luck perhaps the ping pong balls roll our way for a change and we draft Embiid.

I hope that you are both right about the ping pong balls and we end up with the top draft pick this season.  At least if the Celtics continue to lose they should end up with the top 5 pick if not higher. 

[/QUOTE]

=====================================

I too agree with everything above and it would be nice to have the ping pong balls roll in our favor for a change. If we had gotten Tim Duncan we'd had #s 18, 19 & 20 already.

I would keep Sully, Johnson( can play Guard or Forward, and Oly and see if he develops as we did with Fav Melo who did not. Keep 2 of the 4 guards, Rondo, Bradley, Bayless or Pressey---even consider trading Rondo if we could get a # 1 draft pick---and definitely unload Wallace, Bass & Green. Keep Humphries depending upon who we can get in the draft for PFs and Centers---Embiid would be ideal! The key is to bite the bullet for 2-3 years & build via the draft adding 1-2 Vets as Golden State has done. Stevens is the perfect coach, college experience, to meld a young team together.

Sections
Shortcuts