Let's assess the Celtics situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Let's assess the Celtics situation

well, 17 days until the deadline and 4 months and 3 weeks until the draft.

Celts stand at 16 and 33 and will not make the playoffs.  We have played 49 games with 33 remaining.  I will say I was wrong about my originalprediction that the C's would win 31 games.  (Perhaps if there had been and would continue to be a 100% effort from the entire organization toward winning this season then maybe they could have reached the level of mediocre, but it's fine with me that they are tanking.  It's much better in the NBA to $uck than to be slightly below average.)

Wallace's contract is an anchor.  I don't understand what Vitor ever did to get into the permanent doghouse (on THIS team).  I'm shocked that Green is averaging 16; it seems like less.  I'm shocked that Sully is averaging 8 boards; it seems like more.

I love Rondo.  Can't apologize for it.  I hope he learns to shoot the ball more.  I hate to see that sag when he pounds it.  If I have any complaint about Rondo it's that he doesn't know how to punish a team for cheating off him.

I love Chris Johnson and I think we should keep Hump.

Kelly Olynyk needs a haircut and some serious weight training and he will be fine in the. NBA.  Green works as a second option.

The question for me becomes:  how and when can the Celtics acquire a legitimate NBA center.  When was the last time we had a legitimate NBA center?  Robert Parish?  Jermaine O'Neal?  Shaq in decline?  Mark Blount?

Lottery is in ...May??  Is that right?  A month prior to the draft?  The Celts will get like 8 ping pong balls.  It has happened before that the 3rd or 4th worst team has won the lottery.

Get rid of Wallace, land a legitimate 5 and draft monster in June.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

Re: Let's assess the Celtics situation

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well, 17 days until the deadline and 4 months and 3 weeks until the draft.

Celts stand at 16 and 33 and will not make the playoffs.  We have played 49 games with 33 remaining.  I will say I was wrong about my originalprediction that the C's would win 31 games.  (Perhaps if there had been and would continue to be a 100% effort from the entire organization toward winning this season then maybe they could have reached the level of mediocre, but it's fine with me that they are tanking.  It's much better in the NBA to $uck than to be slightly below average.)

Wallace's contract is an anchor.  I don't understand what Vitor ever did to get into the permanent doghouse (on THIS team).  I'm shocked that Green is averaging 16; it seems like less.  I'm shocked that Sully is averaging 8 boards; it seems like more.

I love Rondo.  Can't apologize for it.  I hope he learns to shoot the ball more.  I hate to see that sag when he pounds it.  If I have any complaint about Rondo it's that he doesn't know how to punish a team for cheating off him.

I love Chris Johnson and I think we should keep Hump.

Kelly Olynyk needs a haircut and some serious weight training and he will be fine in the. NBA.  Green works as a second option.

The question for me becomes:  how and when can the Celtics acquire a legitimate NBA center.  When was the last time we had a legitimate NBA center?  Robert Parish?  Jermaine O'Neal?  Shaq in decline?  Mark Blount?

Lottery is in ...May??  Is that right?  A month prior to the draft?  The Celts will get like 8 ping pong balls.  It has happened before that the 3rd or 4th worst team has won the lottery.

Get rid of Wallace, land a legitimate 5 and draft monster in June.

[/QUOTE]

+1 . Agree with just about everything you posted  Especially re. Vitor and Kelly O getting a haircut. With a little luck perhaps the ping pong balls roll our way for a change and we draft Embiid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All you need to know about Vitor Faverani is Brad Stevens doesn't play players who are bad on defense.

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Don't worry about Wallace, Mployee said he will be traded for Evan Turner.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

There you go again ... more baiting .... and you think I'm the problem?????

[/QUOTE]

didn't see it....fierce is on ice for a few months

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

There you go again ... more baiting .... and you think I'm the problem?????

[/QUOTE]

Of course you are the problem.

Isn't it obvious?

You're the one that said Philly will take Wallace then use the stretch provision on him.

Did anyone force you to post that?

Was there a gun to your head when you posted that?

[/QUOTE]

Any trade is possible. It just depends on the pieces.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Russell1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Any trade is possible. It just depends on the pieces.

[/QUOTE]

Not every trade is possible.

The Heat will not trade Lebron to the Celtics for Rondo and Jeff Green.

Just like the Sixers will not trade Evan Turner for Gerald Wallace.

[/QUOTE]

Though I dont think Miami wiil trade Lebron reall, If you added some of our #1s to it it who knows. Point is what are you wlling to give up in any trade.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

speaking of Miami, what is the status of Oden lately?  does he even ever get on the court?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Though I dont think Miami wiil trade Lebron reall, If you added some of our #1s to it it who knows. Point is what are you wlling to give up in any trade.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, if you're a team interested in Evan Turner, why would you give up a draft pick or assets when you can get Evan Turner in the offseason by offering him a contract.

Evan Turner becomes a free-agent at the end of the season.

Everybody knows the Sixers don't want Evan Turner.

So no team is willing to give up anything significant for Evan Turner right now.

[/QUOTE]

To get rid of Wallace and if memory serves me, the Celtics may not have the money to sign Evan as a free agent.  I dont know whether Ainge would want Evan or not. This was just a point that ant trade can be made with mutual interest from both teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Assess the C's situation... TANK TANK TANK

Sorry for Jabari

Tank for Embiid

Riggin for Wiggins

keep gaining prospects/picks for guys that will win us games that hurt the record (Bass, Hump, maybe AB, Green who knows, anyone is tradeable)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

the whole project, as far as im concerned, hinges on a legitimate NBA center....and I'm not talking about Omer Asik....I'm talking lsomeone like DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis

doesn't have tobe a freak of nature like Embiid, just serviceable on both ends....nothing less than a Marcin Gortat or a Andrew Bogut....altho Gortat is getting older

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To get rid of Wallace and if memory serves me, the Celtics may not have the money to sign Evan as a free agent.  I dont know whether Ainge would want Evan or not. This was just a point that ant trade can be made with mutual interest from both teams.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Celts don't have the money, but they can do a sign and trade for Turner.

Celts can still use that 10.3m trade exception from the Paul Pierce trade.

That is if the Celts are interested in Turner.

[/QUOTE]

Very true.

Sections
Shortcuts