let's assume we get a center we're all happy with.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

let's assume we get a center we're all happy with.

that's a big assumption, i know, but let's assume we've got our starting center and we're all good with that. what do we do at the 4? sully is deserving of starting at the 4. olynyk was out top pick last year and seems to have some potential. neither could play the 3. what do we do? is kelly a backup at the 4/5? will he ever really be a true 5?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: let's assume we get a center we're all happy with.

Sully starts at the 4 (24 mins). Kelly backs him up (24 mins). Sully backs up center (12 minutes). Kelly backs up Green (12 mins). So they both can get 36 minutes a night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

As of right now, we are 2 games out from having a top 3 pick and we have a tough schedule this month. We could EASILY end up with a top 3 pick so assuming we get a top 3 pick, a center (hopefully asik), and sign Hayward and let AB walk (PLEASE DANNY), I could see a rotation something like this next year.

Asik/Anthony/Olynyk

Sullinger/Olynyk

Wiggins or Parker (whoever is there)/Green/Wallace

Hayward/Stauskas

Rondo/Bayless

I havent done any of the numbers when it comes to salary cap and stuff like that. But something along those lines should be pretty doable. There is no doubt that getting rid of wallace/green would help. I could be totally off when it comes to the numbers but that lineup would be tough to beat. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As of right now, we are 2 games out from having a top 3 pick and we have a tough schedule this month. We could EASILY end up with a top 3 pick so assuming we get a top 3 pick, a center (hopefully asik), and sign Hayward and let AB walk (PLEASE DANNY), I could see a rotation something like this next year.

Asik/Anthony/Olynyk

Sullinger/Olynyk

Hayward/Stauskas

Rondo/Bayless

I havent done any of the numbers when it comes to salary cap and stuff like that. But something along those lines should be pretty doable. There is no doubt that getting rid of wallace/green would help. I could be totally off when it comes to the numbers but that lineup would be tough to beat. 

[/QUOTE]

That's almost exactly my team, too!  I see you've traded Bass for Asik - nice!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rondo/bayless/pressey

[unknown starter]/bradley/johnson

green/[unknown player]

sully/olynyk/hump

[unknown starter]/faverani/hump

biggest needs: C, SG

trade bait: wallace, anthony, bass, fav, hump, green, bradley-and yes i know some of these guys are next to impossible to trade (ie, wallace).

conclusion: there is a lot of work to be done between now and october. lol

so i 'm guessing none of you think there's a way we would regularly start sully and olynyk. at least not ideally. which is kind of my conclusion too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

rondo/bayless/pressey

green/[unknown player]

sully/olynyk/hump

trade bait: wallace, anthony, bass, fav, hump, green, bradley-and yes i know some of these guys are next to impossible to trade (ie, wallace).

so i 'm guessing none of you think there's a way we would regularly start sully and olynyk. at least not ideally. which is kind of my conclusion too.

Olynk is averaging 13 points, 9 boards and 3 assists per 36 minutes.

Sullinger is averaging 17 points and 11 boards per 36 minutes.

Both those guys are fine offensively and on the boards. The reason that I don't like them as a 4-5 combo is neither one can protect the rim. The celtics need another guy in that mix that can come in and block shots and keep guys from driving the lane.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

rondo/bayless/pressey

green/[unknown player]

sully/olynyk/hump

[/QUOTE]

Olynk is averaging 13 points, 9 boards and 3 assists per 36 minutes.

Sullinger is averaging 17 points and 11 boards per 36 minutes.

Both those guys are fine offensively and on the boards. The reason that I don't like them as a 4-5 combo is neither one can protect the rim. The celtics need another guy in that mix that can come in and block shots and keep guys from driving the lane.

[/QUOTE]

i guess that's what i'm saying. we've got two decent 4s, assuming that olynyk gets better between season 1 and season 2, and no starting-caliber 5s.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Best Case Scenario 1: Celtics draft Embiid with the #1 overall pick. He develops nicely enough to play 15-20 mpg during his rookie campaign. Celtics roll on with Embiid-Sully-Olynyk three big man combo. Celtics draft the right guy at 14 in either Hood/Grant/McDermott/Young and they find some success with Jeff Green at the 3. With their success, Wallace plays less than 10mpg. Rondo & Bradley stay healthy and find success at the 1&2, each playing 35-40mpg. Pressey, Johnson and an offseason pick-up of Jimmer fill in the other minutes.

Best Case Scenario 2: Same as above, just swap Embiid for Wiggins/Parker and the SF for Cauley-Stein.

Worst Case Scenario: Celtics slip to 8, draft a PG and trade him to a team in need like the Magic for their Knicks/Nuggets pick and Afflalo or Harkless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I think that if we can get Embiid that we have the best offensive 3 big man combo with Sully and Oly since the Bird, McHale & Parish days. Problem is that the defense wouldn't be as good. Yup, I've been around long enough to remember the Banger, Jim Loscutoff, and we would need someone like him. Hey, maybe we could get Perkins back ? And I would keep Faverani to substitute for any of our Big Guys. I'd even welcome, Pau Gasol, who has been a Celtic killer, for 2-3 years if we could get him for a Vet minimum and he too could sub for C or PF for 20-25 minutes per game.

If we can't get Embiid, try to unload Wallace, Bass & Green and get Omer Asik. I think our PG situation is OK with Rondo, Bradley, Bayless, Pressey & Johnson( naturally unload 2 of these if needed except for Rondo & Johnson) although none is a scoring threat like a Curry, Paul, Rose & Westbrook( when healthy), Nash (when younger) so we need the draft to try and get a high scoring point guard and also some good potential PFs to go along with Sully & Oly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

that's a big assumption, i know, but let's assume we've got our starting center and we're all good with that. what do we do at the 4? sully is deserving of starting at the 4. olynyk was out top pick last year and seems to have some potential. neither could play the 3. what do we do? is kelly a backup at the 4/5? will he ever really be a true 5?

[/QUOTE]

It's CRAZY to assume Olynyk will never be able to start at center. KG started out getting bullied at the 3 spot , moved to become one of the dominant 4's of his era, and is finishing his career as a 5

The league is going thru a "positionless" phase , formerly known as "Nellie-Ball" in honor of Don Nelson's coaching style of putting the 5 best players on the floor at the same time, regardless of who's an inch or two taller, or what position they supposedly are.....more than a phase, this "positionless" trend looks like it's becoming permanent with the way basketball is being coached from grade school level on up.

Can we just let Kelly Olynyk finish his rookie year , gather up the lessons learned , give him "homework" fro the summer , and see him go thru another training camp with a more stable roster and a more clearly defined role ?

This kid looks to have as much upside and potential as Joe Johnson and Chauncy Billups , the last 2 guys the Celtics drafted who turned out to be All Stars....why the rush to bury Kelly Olynyk ? Why label him a bust and a fringe role player when everything he's done seems to point to a much higher ceiling ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

never once called olynyk a bust or suggested we move on from him. just wondered if we have a redundancy at the 4 or if he will be able to play the 5.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Asik/Anthony/Olynyk

Sullinger/Olynyk

Hayward/Stauskas

Rondo/Bayless

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Son, this in not fantasy league, it's where the big boys play, NOW SCRAM!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Asik/Anthony/Olynyk

Sullinger/Olynyk

Hayward/Stauskas

Rondo/Bayless

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Son, this in not fantasy league, it's where the big boys play, NOW SCRAM!!

[/QUOTE]

How's old Dwight working out for the lakers??  Scram?  Really?  What an intelligent retort.

Notice at least two other people have the same team I do - tell them to scram, troll!

Lakers next year:

Nash

koME

Sacre - bleau

Kelly

hang #12 in the rafters for that team!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Asik/Anthony/Olynyk

Sullinger/Olynyk

Hayward/Stauskas

Rondo/Bayless

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this team realistic? I dont have the time to do all the numbers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Asik/Anthony/Olynyk

Sullinger/Olynyk

Hayward/Stauskas

Rondo/Bayless

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, trade Bass for Asik - sign Hayward and Bayless (that may not be possible.....so just Hayward).  Draft Parker/Wiggins and Stauskas........

If Bayless takes mini-MLE, and we sign Hayward for 4/50, it may work.

Getting rid of Green and/or Wallace would also help...lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Hedley,

Why is Houston going to trade with us for Bass in the off season when they wouldn't trade with us at the deadline? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hedley,

Why is Houston going to trade with us for Bass in the off season when they wouldn't trade with us at the deadline? 

[/QUOTE]

Because they don't want to pay a backup center that kind of money

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Asik/Anthony/Olynyk

Sullinger/Olynyk

Hayward/Stauskas

Rondo/Bayless

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    No, it's not realistic.  Let's remember this a 65 yr old study hall teacher who has nothing better to do than fantasy sports. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Asik/Anthony/Olynyk

Sullinger/Olynyk

Hayward/Stauskas

Rondo/Bayless

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    No, it's not realistic.  Let's remember this a 65 yr old study hall teacher who has nothing better to do than fantasy sports. 

[/QUOTE]

When will the lakers sign Jacoby Parker???????

Sections
Shortcuts