LET'S ENJOY THE LAST YEAR OF BBD IN BOSTON!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

LET'S ENJOY THE LAST YEAR OF BBD IN BOSTON!

sorry to be the bearer of doom but this is his last year. just as in the 2008 playoffs, he will show y he can be a serviceable starter at the 4 in this league as he replaces KG for the indefinite future. BBd sees himself as a potential superstar starter and as a big 3 or 4 on another playoff bound team. it must eat at him to be the 6th or 7th option on this team right now. he will get paid and he should be in a better position to START elsewhere. y would he come back esp after we win it this year? i can easily see him in orlando or NJ for starters! imagine baby with howard..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Re: LET'S ENJOY THE LAST YEAR OF BBD IN BOSTON!

Got to agree with you.  Based on his track record with T Allen & Posey, I don't see Danny stepping up to the plate with the big bucks and long-term deal.  That plus starter minutes somewhere else will be too much for BB to pass up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Personally I can't see him being anywhere near being a star player once and if he leaves the Celtics. He's not like Al Jefferson who is a decent player. Take away the cast of players around him and Davis will just be an average player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Funny I do see BBD staying.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: LET'S ENJOY THE LAST YEAR OF BBD IN BOSTON!:
    [QUOTE]Personally I can't see him being anywhere near being a star player once and if he leaves the Celtics. He's not like Al Jefferson who is a decent player. Take away the cast of players around him and Davis will just be an average player.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

He is one of the worst rebounding 4's in the league.  At most he is going to be a guy that averages 14 points and 6 or 7 boards.

Regardless I am worried about this year, not next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

The same was true about T Allen and Posey.  They left and struggled on their new teams.  Unfortunately, most people are self-delusional and are afraid to face up to their shortcomings.  Believe me, BB will hear whispers from his "advisors" that he can be something he is not somewhere else.  He will take the money (and starter role) and run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

How dare you create a post like this about BBD. (sarcasm)

True very true. Does anyone remember how ticked he was to not get the offers he expected. Ainge had to be shocked to get him back. BBD isn't going to let it happen again. The ONLY reason Ainge would have aproblem moving is because of his contract. It's beneficial to the C's but he can't match it up with another player and get the same production UNLESS he includes another player. BBD is making $3M. LOL! That's good now but I don't see AInge giving him more than $5M to come off the bench in Boston. I could be wrong but BBD is probably looking around and thinking he should at least be at $7M per year. (Battier, Scola, Thomas his buddy)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]How dare you create a post like this about BBD. (sarcasm) True very true. Does anyone remember how ticked he was to not get the offers he expected. Ainge had to be shocked to get him back. BBD isn't going to let it happen again. The ONLY reason Ainge would have aproblem moving is because of his contract. It's beneficial to the C's but he can't match it up with another player and get the same production UNLESS he includes another player. BBD is making $3M. LOL! That's good now but I don't see AInge giving him more than $5M to come off the bench in Boston. I could be wrong but BBD is probably looking around and thinking he should at least be at $7M per year. (Battier, Scola, Thomas his buddy)
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You're right that BBD is a 7m player and he will most likely be leaving the Celtics after this season. 

Just answer the question, do you think Banner #18 will not be worth it if it means losing BBD in the offseason?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

P34, Why do you keep asking me the same stupid question?? Are you ignorant?

I don't mind losing BBD for the 400th time. He's not the reason why we win or don't win the title. I'm sure you will ask me again though. I would want Ainge to get something for him and not just let him walk. We let TA walk, Powe walk and Posey walk. We can't keep letting guys walk and not get any compensation. It catches up to you eventually (like now).  Who's the biggest FA the C's have signed in the past 10 years?? Shaq

The C's don't get a lot of top FAs. Ainge is better at trades than he is signing FAs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, Why do you keep asking me the same stupid question?? Are you ignorant? I don't mind losing BBD for the 400th time. He's not the reason why we win or don't win the title. I'm sure you will ask me again though. I would want Ainge to get something for him and not just let him walk. We let TA walk, Powe walk and Posey walk. We can't keep letting guys walk and not get any compensation. It catches up to you eventually (like now).  Who's the biggest FA the C's have signed in the past 10 years?? Shaq The C's don't get a lot of top FAs. Ainge is better at trades than he is signing FAs.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You really are suffering from brain strain!

How can the Celtics win Banner #18 if they don't have a good bench?

Like right now, if the Celtics traded Davis then the only PF left would be Harangody. The Celtics need BBD's production off the bench. That's not so hard to understand. 

BBD's production this season outweighs the need to get something in return in case he walks. Use your brain instead of your fingers when making assessments. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LET'S ENJOY THE LAST YEAR OF BBD IN BOSTON! : You really are suffering from brain strain! How can the Celtics win Banner #18 if they don't have a good bench? Like right now, if the Celtics traded Davis then the only PF left would be Harangody. The Celtics need BBD's production off the bench. That's not so hard to understand.  BBD's production this season outweighs the need to get something in return in case he walks. Use your brain instead of your fingers when making assessments. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You ever notice how BIASEDLewis always piggybacks someone who comes even a smidgen close to what he says??

He gets all "giddy" like a little kid. I'm sure Doc and Danny would fall over laughing at his trade proposals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

They need BBD to play great just like everyone else on the team to win a title.  You don't win unless everyone plays great. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]They need BBD to play great just like everyone else on the team to win a title.  You don't win unless everyone plays great. 
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

I don't think BiasLewis wants to win. All he wants is the Celtics to be compensated if BBD leaves.

HAHAHA!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Got to agree with you.  Based on his track record with T Allen & Posey, I don't see Danny stepping up to the plate with the big bucks and long-term deal.  That plus starter minutes somewhere else will be too much for BB to pass up.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

the whole game has changed.  lockout looming, they want to reduce salaries by 20-25% in the new CBA.  davis will still not get big time offers, and he does not view himself as a superstar, he still needs work, like most modern day 25 y/o nba players.

even if his pay doubles, which it might, we can still do that easily.  just drop jerlame off at the glue factory after this season like we did with waytoofat half speed sheed last year.  that's all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I can't see him being anywhere near being a star player once and if he leaves the Celtics. He's not like Al Jefferson who is a decent player. Take away the cast of players around him and Davis will just be an average player.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

As of right now.  This is what I see.  The piece's around him let his energy and hustle play shine.  He fills a role immensely well, and does it at a high level, which brings in the 6th man conversation.  However, if he continues to improve then who knows, but as of right now I agree with Worthy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

i agree with most that bb is not as good as he imagines himself to be but he's not the only one. called life. also cant blame him for wanting a 3 year 25m deal which someone out there will give him to be a STARTER. perhaps celts could do a sign and trade. he is younger and in perception is viewed as better than either posey or TA and those guys signed pretty good deals. hey, both posey and powe are free agents. how's that for irony. one or both could be bak for far less next year and could provide us with the same production. they both now know their roles and will have more humbled egos. which guy would you most want back? i would vote for powe since he is younger and an inside presence is what this team most lacks outside of shaq. know it is weird but i would like to see JO back. the guy has legit injury issues but seems to have some pride. he could give us a solid 12 minutes a game or so. he is a great help defender and is a decent rebounder who can shoot foul shots down the stretch. that's enough for me!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"sorry to be the bearer of doom" - actually you're not sorry at all, you seem to enjoy dumping these meaningless turds into the forum bowl. 

First of all, it would hardly be doom if Davis left. Which is not to say he isn't important to this year's team - he'd be a leading sixth man candidate if not for KGs injury which should thrust him into a starting role. Anyone in this forum who thinks he should go this year is a chump. He's clearly playing well and we need his big body. Next year, we need him ONLY if the price is fair to his value. It's true that Glen Davis seems to overestimate his own value. Also, if we win another ring this year, he'll be understandably interested in maximizing his next contract financially. That may rule the Celts out - so what? By then we should have a plan for how to replace him. 

Finally, to even speculate like you know what is going to happen when there is so much labor uncertainty in the NBA is a waste of space. You don't know. David Stern doesn't even know. 

Here's a wild idea: start a post that has relevance to this season's action.

Sections
Shortcuts