Let's face it! We are limping into the playoffs and we need a miracle now...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Let's face it! We are limping into the playoffs and we need a miracle now...

... to make a solid run at the rings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Let's face it! We are limping into the playoffs and we need a miracle now...

As I alreaady posted, the Celtics need to win most of their remaining games.  If nothing else, to help their confidence and momentum going into the playoffs. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Let's face it! We are limping into the playoffs and we need a miracle now...

In Response to Let's face it! We are limping into the playoffs and we need a miracle now...:
    ... to make a solid run at the rings.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Exactly. When's the last time a Celtics team limped into the playoffs and made a remarkable run to the Finals despite having home-court advantage in one series?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I think that your pessimism is a premature.

The other night the Celts beat the Spurs convincingly on their home court with Duncan playing. Last night was the second night of a back to back.

With Jermaine returning and Shaq on Tuesday, the Celtics will finally have size again at the center position.

It may be all we need to do the job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Let's face it! We are limping into the playoffs and we need a miracle now...:
    They lost 7 out of their last 10 last year. They are 2-8 in their last 10 back to backs this year.  7-10 in back to backs total. You know what that means. They are really good on non back to backs...There are no back to backs in the playoffs. 
    Posted by tompenny

Very good point, sir!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

And as a reminder, the Lakers also limped into the playoffs last season. And everyone was expecting the Cavaliers to steam roll through the playoffs.

Everything is up in the air when it comes to winning titles. Even though I'm a Laker fan, I never gloat knowing that things could change on a dime. I'll enjoy the ride and tune out the garbage.

The playoffs are a completely different "animal." Physical play and a slowed-down tempo are its primary characteristics. And those qualities always advantage the veteran teams that have players with high b-ball I.Q.s 

There is too much basketball left to predict anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

BOTH Celtics and lakers limped into the playoffs last year.  Both teams are better this year - we don't know.

And..........."the negativity in this town stinks.  And is sucks. And it stinks." - Louisville Men's Head Coach!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Please.................the playoffs count...remember last year?  Have faith ye fans!  The Truth will prevail! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Hey guys, don't forget that you will not see back-to-backs in the playoffs. Boston will do just fine in the playoffs. I do wish however, that Doc realizes that he is short-handed at the 5 but that he does have plenty of other weapons in Wafer, West, GREEN, Murphy, and Arroyo. Go small if you don't have any bigs. Just use the best of whatever you have...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: Let's face it! We are limping into the playoffs and we need a miracle now...:
    And as a reminder, the Lakers also limped into the playoffs last season. And everyone was expecting the Cavaliers to steam roll through the playoffs. Everything is up in the air when it comes to winning titles. Even though I'm a Laker fan, I never gloat knowing that things could change on a dime. I'll enjoy the ride and tune out the garbage. The playoffs are a completely different "animal." Physical play and a slowed-down tempo are its primary characteristics. And those qualities always advantage the veteran teams that have players with high b-ball I.Q.s  There is too much basketball left to predict anything.
    Posted by rsalas67m

good post. nice to see a respectful, non-trolling laker fan here

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

They lost 7 out of their last 10 last year. They are 2-8 in their last 10 back to backs this year.  7-10 in back to backs total. You know what that means. They are really good on non back to backs...There are no back to backs in the playoffs. 
    Posted by tompenny

Non back to back losses in recent weeks:

2/24 at Denver
    3/9 vs Clippers
    3/11 at Philadelphia
    3/18 at Houston
    3/23 vs Memphis
    3/25 vs Charlotte

The reason? must be no games played the previous night and they got rusty...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston72. Show Boston72's posts

Ray Allen needs to get involved more int he offense.  His job is shooting guard, so he needs to shoot.  It was painful to watch them play when Pierce is shooting more threes than Alln, and Big Baby is shooting more than the shooting guard.  And ended up losing games.
    What's up with Rondo?  How many time he misses before he know he can't shoot?
    Dropping fromfirst place to now third in a month is just painful and disappointing.
    The energy level is not there neither.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Magic,

The Celtics have been without a true big man for most of the season, and yet they have still been competitive. Both bigs come back this week.

The Lakers on the other hand have lost to some of the worst teams in the league this year while healthy. 

See you in the finals.

Sections
Shortcuts