Lets Get One Thing Straight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Lets Get One Thing Straight

This board is for ANYONE to state their opinions, analyze players, the coach, game strategy, make suggestions, criticize or applaud, or post anything else to do with the Celtics.

Laker fans, trolls, the uneducated are all welcome.  It is the nature of public chat boards to accomodate everybody.  If you don't like it, then don't read the posts that could potentially bother you.  We don't need the baseless and irrelevant "your a hater" accusations. It just shows your apathy and stupidity.  

Posters who criticize Rondo (me) or Perkins (me) are probably MORE devout Celtics fans than those of you who who bristle at any percieved negative post.  We want to discuss and explore how to make this team better... not sugar coat and support every player just because they are a Celtic.  For every Dudder (anti Rondo), there is another at the other end of the spectrum.  It all balances out.  So if you want to participate, make your point, intelligently refute the if you want, but stop labeling people and whining.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Re: Lets Get One Thing Straight

It's called Celtics on the front burner for a reason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

And the Lakers were on the bunsen burner tonight!

HAHAHA!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Lets Get One Thing Straight:
    This board is for ANYONE to state their opinions, analyze players, the coach, game strategy, make suggestions, criticize or applaud, or post anything else to do with the Celtics. Laker fans, trolls, the uneducated are all welcome.  It is the nature of public chat boards to accomodate everybody.  If you don't like it, then don't read the posts that could potentially bother you.  We don't need the baseless and irrelevant "your a hater" accusations. It just shows your apathy and stupidity.   Posters who criticize Rondo (me) or Perkins (me) are probably MORE devout Celtics fans than those of you who who bristle at any percieved negative post.  We want to discuss and explore how to make this team better... not sugar coat and support every player just because they are a Celtic.  For every Dudder (anti Rondo), there is another at the other end of the spectrum.  It all balances out.  So if you want to participate, make your point, intelligently refute the if you want, but stop labeling people and whining.             
    Posted by Eldunker

So your pretty much saying what you say all of us say.  I guess the same could be said to you, if you don't like it you don't have to read it.  JMO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

This board is for ANYONE to state their opinions, analyze players, the coach, game strategy, make suggestions, criticize or applaud, or post anything else to do with the Celtics. Laker fans, trolls, the uneducated are all welcome.  It is the nature of public chat boards to accomodate everybody.  If you don't like it, then don't read the posts that could potentially bother you.  We don't need the baseless and irrelevant "your a hater" accusations. It just shows your apathy and stupidity.   Posters who criticize Rondo (me) or Perkins (me) are probably MORE devout Celtics fans than those of you who who bristle at any percieved negative post.  We want to discuss and explore how to make this team better... not sugar coat and support every player just because they are a Celtic.  For every Dudder (anti Rondo), there is another at the other end of the spectrum.  It all balances out.  So if you want to participate, make your point, intelligently refute the if you want, but stop labeling people and whining.             
    Posted by Eldunker

So you`re the board monitor now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

What??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In Response to Re: Lets Get One Thing Straight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Lets Get One Thing Straight : So you`re the board monitor now?

Like I said even the uneducated are welcome to post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

So if you want to participate, make your point, intelligently refute the if you want, but stop labeling people and whining.             
    Posted by Eldunker

Who's up for a rousing game of Spot the Irony?

Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Good find.  I couldn't resist. So while I'm burning in hell, I'll add that he's probably a Laker fan and a troll too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

"Probably MORE devout Celtics fans"

"We don't need the baseless and irrelevant 'your [sic] a hater' accusations.  It just shows your apathy and stupidity."

1)  You have absolutely no basis for assuming that you critics of Rondo and/or Perkins are more devout Celtics fans.  This phrase, by itself, makes your post laughable.

2)  Some of the "You're a hater" accusations DO, in fact, have lots of evidence to support them.  For instance, if someone pretends to know the inner workings of a player's mind ("he doesn't care", "he's only interested in his stats", he's lazy", "he's afraid to drive") and always immediately jumps to the worst possible interpretation of anything the player does, it's fair to say that such a person is something more than an objective critic.  Such a person must actively dislike both the player and the person.  So your accusation that our comments are "baseless" is wrong.

3)  The "hater" accusation is by no means irrelevant.  It serves to question a critic's objectivity, judgement, and integrity.  So you are wrong about that, too. 

4)  A person who goes to the trouble of posting in order to disprove a critic's arguments cannot be said to be "apathetic".  You apparently don't know what the word means.

5)  Throwing the word "stupidity" around says more about you than it does about those who respond to critics of Celtic players.  There is nothing "stupid" about most of the attackers and the defenders.   Try another random word.

6)  Your basic premise is wrong.  It is not "the nature of public chat boards to accommodate everyone".  Posters who use foul language or attack other posters (for instance, by calling them stupid), are barred from any further posting by BDC.  On many public boards, obvious trolls are barred.  Most boards forbid the use of the board to market goods or services. 

That's six substantive errors in three paragraphs.  If you are going for the record, forget it.  The Dud usually makes that many errors in ONE paragraph.

P-mike:  Way to puncture the balloon!  Great post. Wouldn't "hypocritical" work as well?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Is it true there was a lot of hate for DJ and Parish when Boston lost in the 80's? Yet Bird and McHale were often immune to criticism?

I guess fans always find a scapegoat in their teams. Human nature I suppose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Posted by Eldunker

Not bad, agree with most of your post.

There are some here that criticize you for presuming to know the "inner workings of a players mind" to label him lazy, afraid to drive etc, etc... yet they have no problem presuming to know the inner workings of your mind and label you Hater.

Funny, isnt it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Excellent  post  Eldunker.  If   Celtic  brass  were  never  critical  of  any  of  the  Celtic  players,  how  could  the  team  focus  on  needed  areas  of  improvement ?  Also, some  posters  ( ie.  ONEonOne )  misinterpret  legitimate  criticism  from  longtime  Celtic  fans and  smugly  mislabel   the  posters  as  " trolls." 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Jerrycole pretty much said it perfectly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Good job Eldunker, you are 100% correct!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Posted by Eldunker

nice post, eldunker. but why call people stupid one paragraph, then ask them to stop labeling people the next? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

It's called Celtics on the front burner for a reason.
    Posted by DFURY13

Try Sam's board. I've heard its free now and there is no dissenting opinion allowed. Right up your alley.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Posted by Eldunker

Well put. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Is it true there was a lot of hate for DJ and Parish when Boston lost in the 80's? Yet Bird and McHale were often immune to criticism? I guess fans always find a scapegoat in their teams. Human nature I suppose.
    Posted by RUWorthy

I don't remember that except for perhaps Parish during his earlier Celtic years. Then he became automatic with that turnaround ten footer, his version of the sky hook, and his defense was very good. We loved the Chief.

We just had really bad luck with Bias and Lewis which followed McHale ruining his foot and the others simply aging themselves out of contention. I'd say Pitino will go down as the biggest internal Celtic villian.

Please keep in mind when posting on this board, you aren't likely to be dealing with true Celtics fans. These are mostly people far outside of Massachusetts who few of us here would want to watch a game with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: Lets Get One Thing Straight : I don't remember that except for perhaps Parish during his earlier Celtic years. Then he became automatic with that turnaround ten footer, his version of the sky hook, and his defense was very good. We loved the Chief. We just had really bad luck with Bias and Lewis which followed McHale ruining his foot and the others simply aging themselves out of contention. I'd say Pitino will go down as the biggest internal Celtic villian. Please keep in mind when posting on this board, you aren't likely to be dealing with true Celtics fans. These are mostly people far outside of Massachusetts who few of us here would want to watch a game with.
    Posted by NickFaldo

One other thing RUWorthy. Cedric Maxwell got scapegoated while Bird was seemingly immune to such criticism. Shaugnessy covered this. Max got blamed for something he didn't really say (i.e. playing for money not to win), while Bird got away with getting an injury in a bar fight which may have cost us that extra title.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Please keep in mind when posting on this board, you aren't likely to be dealing with true Celtics fans. These are mostly people far outside of Massachusetts who few of us here would want to watch a game with.

gee, nick. could you be any more narrow minded? certainly a very poor endorsement for celticsghosttown.net. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Maybe Nick can tell Danny, he wants only players from Massachusetts to play for the Celtics. That would really make him happy!!!

Such a sad, angry, little man!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

"Probably MORE devout Celtics fans" "We don't need the baseless and irrelevant 'your [sic] a hater' accusations.  It just shows your apathy and stupidity." 1)  You have absolutely no basis for assuming that you critics of Rondo and/or Perkins are more devout Celtics fans.  This phrase, by itself, makes your post laughable. 2)  Some of the "You're a hater" accusations DO, in fact, have lots of evidence to support them.  For instance, if someone pretends to know the inner workings of a player's mind ("he doesn't care", "he's only interested in his stats", he's lazy", "he's afraid to drive") and always immediately jumps to the worst possible interpretation of anything the player does, it's fair to say that such a person is something more than an objective critic.  Such a person must actively dislike both the player and the person.  So your accusation that our comments are "baseless" is wrong. 3)  The "hater" accusation is by no means irrelevant.  It serves to question a critic's objectivity, judgement, and integrity.  So you are wrong about that, too.    4)  A person who goes to the trouble of posting in order to disprove a critic's arguments cannot be said to be "apathetic".  You apparently don't know what the word means. 5)  Throwing the word "stupidity" around says more about you than it does about those who respond to critics of Celtic players.  There is nothing "stupid" about most of the attackers and the defenders.   Try another random word. 6)  Your basic premise is wrong.  It is not "the nature of public chat boards to accommodate everyone".  Posters who use foul language or attack other posters (for instance, by calling them stupid), are barred from any further posting by BDC.  On many public boards, obvious trolls are barred.  Most boards forbid the use of the board to market goods or services.  That's six substantive errors in three paragraphs.  If you are going for the record, forget it.  The Dud usually makes that many errors in ONE paragraph. P-mike:  Way to puncture the balloon!  Great post. Wouldn't "hypocritical" work as well?
    Posted by jerrycole

In your #2 - you cannot use the phrase "in fact" and provide an opinion, facts are facts.  4 divided 2 equals 2 is a fact using the phrase "in fact" and then providing your perspective on other people's thoughts are not, in fact, facts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Is it true there was a lot of hate for DJ and Parish when Boston lost in the 80's? Yet Bird and McHale were often immune to criticism? I guess fans always find a scapegoat in their teams. Human nature I suppose.
    Posted by RUWorthy

Not at all that I remember DJ was loved for his lunch bucket style of play. He was gritty. Almost total opposite player when he was with Seattle and Pheonix,
     He went from a scorer with no D to a defender with a crunch time money shot. He could go 0 for 10 t you knew he hit a big shot late.

Chief had a scowl that would have scared Perkins. He got the nickname from the movie One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest. So when ever he had a block or scored the crowd would yell CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Posted by Eldunker

Here here. Post of the year.

Sections
Shortcuts