Let's Go Celtics! Take Game 3! Now Take Game 4!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Let's Go Celtics! Take Game 3! Now Take Game 4!

Celtics being given up for good to lose the series with Miami.

Go Celtics! 

Miracle happens in Boston!

When everything is given up................Let's Go Celtics!

1968 -  Celtics trailed 1-3

1969 -  Celtics trailed 0-2

1981 -  Celtics trailed 1-3

Celtics is the face of the champion !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Go Celtics! Take Game 3!

Game 3 is a must win for the Celtics.  They won't have any chance of winning this series if they don't win both of the games in Boston. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You are right on.  I knew there was precedent for us with past Celtic teams.  I am shocked that many BB members are so defeated at this point.  This Celtics team is full of character and still has skills to win.  It did not vanish overnight.  We can still win this thing and I am hardly a blind optimist about this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I remember being alone in my twenties living in LA watching that 81 series with the 76'ers watching as we toughed out a win and went on to win three straight.  Nobody thought it could be done but Larry Bird.  Doc should have the team watch that elimination game.  I am really stunned at the sense of defeat with some of most loyal fans here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

this is far from over, but they need to play lights out at home and send their own message.

Im not in the dumps....A team with a better record won both games at home as they should...no biggie....if/when we get blown out at home,.then I'nn be dissapointed....I think people just expected more,..cant blame them...but no panic over here for me...this team will go down swinging bolo's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD is big enough to lay someone out.  What has kept him, now he is a soft jump shooting big guy who has stopped doing the little things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Go Celtics! Take Game 3!:
    Celtics bench....if they aren't going to put up points, they need to lay some HARD fouls.......stop letting Wade and Lebron dictate the game...get them off their game
    Posted by sday4x4

I thought we got as good as game as we are gonna get from the bench...I think it was like 27 -9 to at one point with bench scoring...lets be real, this is about the core of the team,.and their big 2 are outplaying our big 4 right now.  I will not give credit to that girly man Bosh, but hey, besides K.G., the big 4 were out to lunch....We just cant seem to get a contribution from everyone in one game...only one guy is showing up each game....Game 1 it was Ray, last game it was K.G.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Just an fyi guys...The Celtics have not lost 3 games in a row all season. 

I do feel doubtful about our chances but if KG, PP and Allen can play like Wade & LeBron (explosive), then our chances are probable.

They did not look old against the Heat all season and did beat then 3-1.

They need Shaq in game 3, BBD, Green & West...and yes even Krstic needs to step up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

CELTICS PRIDE was born in 1968.

We are already in the brink of elimination in Philadelpia and all have given up the fight to the Sixers.

BOSTON IS DEAD was the headline of the time.

Wayne Embry just wrote on the blackboard "CELTICS PRIDE" to inspire the old and ageing Celtics team of Russell.   And the rest was history.

Go Celtics !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

The Heat are just outplaying the C's right now.  Seems like they just want it more.  I agree with the poster who said we need to play tougher and foul harder.  Just foul hard to stop shots and walk away.  The problem is we don't have any of those type of players on the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

The Heat are just outplaying the C's right now.  Seems like they just want it more.  I agree with the poster who said we need to play tougher and foul harder.  Just foul hard to stop shots and walk away.  The problem is we don't have any of those type of players on the bench.
    Posted by Mchampion

Just win Game 3!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Not losing hope yet. If we can win games 3 and 4 then we will eventually end up in a game 7 down in Miami. But I think we need to win both home games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

Game 3 is a must win for the Celtics.  They won't have any chance of winning this series if they don't win both of the games in Boston. 
    Posted by susan250

Hmmm...you think?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I don't think the Celts can beat the Heat, unless Shaq comes back and can actually contribute.  Things change with a huge guy in the paint.   It is a missing piece of the puzzle against this heat team, they are soft, Celts NEED some crush under the basket.    But what a great season.  Here's hoping Celts free up enough money after the season to make a run at Dwight Howard, who will opt out of his contract this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wuzzup. Show wuzzup's posts

I am a lifelong Laker fan and, of course, I want the Celtics to beat Miami for purely selfish reasons...

Thanks to Doc and Danny, East coast basketball is, once again, Celtic basketball.

If I was Dwight Howard, I would seriously consider my options when the Celts come calling...

Boston fans are a disgusting lot.  They eat their young.  Lose two games and jump ship?  Ridiculous!   Absolutely insane!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Re: Let's Go Celtics! Take Game 3!

Let's Go Celtics!  Don't Give Up!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

One game at a time

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Celtics will win game 3 and even the series on Tuesday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Doc Rivers Analysis:

Great locker room coach but poor game coach.

1. Plays his vets too many minutes.
    2. His bench is just used as a time filler until he can get his vets back in.
    3. Never stays with the hot hand with the bench.
    4. He doesn't use enough three point shooters. Examples to use: Wafer and Pavlovic and Murphy. Gee, maybe one of them will get hot!!! Oops, refer back to #2.
    5. Needs to use bench players that can create their own shot...Wafer and Pavlovic
    6. How about Delonte's game and Green's game?? Then we don't see them for 20 minutes if at all. 
    7. Good grief, why does Garnett play like a guard most of the time?

How about someone else add to this.

I think Doc has a timer clock for each player no matter how they are doing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Doc Rivers Analysis: Great locker room coach but poor game coach. 1. Plays his vets too many minutes. 2. His bench is just used as a time filler until he can get his vets back in. 3. Never stays with the hot hand with the bench. 4. He doesn't use enough three point shooters. Examples to use: Wafer and Pavlovic and Murphy. Gee, maybe one of them will get hot!!! Oops, refer back to #2. 5. Needs to use bench players that can create their own shot...Wafer and Pavlovic 6. How about Delonte's game and Green's game?? Then we don't see them for 20 minutes if at all.  7. Good grief, why does Garnett play like a guard most of the time? How about someone else add to this. I think Doc has a timer clock for each player no matter how they are doing.
    Posted by celticsince1958

I agree with everything you said. The Celtics really need to play the bench, who are very young, very energetic and very aggressive, especially Von Wafer and Sasha. The only thing I have to add to what you said is that they need to be very aggressive both offensively and defensively. They need to dictate the pace in game 3 and 4.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Remember when Larry's head bounced off the parquet, and then he came back from the locker room to guide us to victory. We can do it again. This is just a small setback. I'm feelin it. Celts rock! Let's go celts! Ready to roll!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I'm not giving up. Things will change in Boston. Its time to bring the muthaf***N NOISE guys and girls!

Nothin has gone our way this series. The calls have been beyond terrible and we keep getting hurt.

Time to turn things around. Hey they think its over. the whole world does.

Well we are the BOSTON CELTICS. 17 Titles. Countless Legendary moments. Most of all, the HEART OF A CHAMPION.

Shaq im begging u, Get out there and Put the hurt on the heat.

Celtics Pride.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Celtics will win game 3 and even the series on Tuesday.

Posted by ChiefEddie1028

-

Listen to the Chief.  The Chief knows!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Let's Go Celtics! Take Game 3!:
    Let's Go Celtics!  Don't Give Up!
    Posted by 1986

They won't give up.  Some fans on this board have already given up but our Team will NOT give up.  Can't wait for Saturday!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Doc Rivers Analysis: Great locker room coach but poor game coach. 1. Plays his vets too many minutes. 2. His bench is just used as a time filler until he can get his vets back in. 3. Never stays with the hot hand with the bench. 4. He doesn't use enough three point shooters. Examples to use: Wafer and Pavlovic and Murphy. Gee, maybe one of them will get hot!!! Oops, refer back to #2. 5. Needs to use bench players that can create their own shot...Wafer and Pavlovic 6. How about Delonte's game and Green's game?? Then we don't see them for 20 minutes if at all.  7. Good grief, why does Garnett play like a guard most of the time? How about someone else add to this. I think Doc has a timer clock for each player no matter how they are doing.
    Posted by celticsince1958

I agree with very little of what you said.  When they win, you're quiet.  When they lose, its "Doc can't coach".  Teams lose.  That tends to happen in the NBA.  I can't remember the last undefeated team, can you???????   So Miami's Big 3 outplayed us, did you really think that would never happen?    

As for those subs, get real.  if KG and Paul and Green have trouble with that speed, what do you think Sasha and Murphy will do with the Heat speed?   Guys who couldn't make the Nets are supposed to be your subs?   Get real.

When Doc stays with the hot hand, you and others ask "why doesn't Doc give them a rest".  When Doc substitutes, you ask "why doesn't he stay with the hot hand"?   Doc put his best shooter back in the game.  That shooter didn't hit but you HAVE to play the guy.  he's the best late game shooter in the league.  Ray had a terrible game, but that doesn't mean you abandon him.....like fair weather fans do.

Garnett?  He is who he is.  He's ALWAYS been a perimeter power forward.  he's thin and he is not going to change now and become a low post player.  He's older and can't jump as high.  Get over it.....you knew this.  He will come back.  You talked about him the same way against the Knicks in game 2 and then he killed the Knicks.   

Come on folks, its basketball - you KNOW every team has ups and downs.  Don't get off the bandwagon so fast.  Players have bad nights and the coach can't always fix that.  He can stop the ball going to BBD but you would NOT abandon Ray and KG and Rondo and Pierce.  They just didn't perform in those two games, but Things change overnight and you'll look silly acting like Doc did everything wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts