Let's go Fab Melo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Let's go Fab Melo!

The C's called him up. Time to see what he can do. I doubt Doc will play him but why not throw him out there and see. Who cares about fouls. Get some boards and block some shots. We need that size at the rim. I'm just not impressed with Wilcox. His pick & roll defense and interior defense is weak.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Let's go Fab Melo!

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Wilcox and Melo represent 12 hard fouls.

Good could this mean he is going to be traded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I dont mind Wilcox.  I am not saying there is anything special about him, but he doesn't hurt you out there.

I don't think melo will get any time at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I dont mind Wilcox.  I am not saying there is anything special about him, but he doesn't hurt you out there.

I don't think melo will get any time at all.

+1

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Watch Wilcox very closely. He and Bass are the worst when they play together...second chance pts, lost in rotations, wide open lanes. Watch him during a game. I don't like that combo of Wilcox/Bass...they're both offensive players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Melo isn't ready. Dont think of him as a collection of hard fouls, that's absurd. He's a guy who needs to gain confidence not have it destroyed. 

He's not ready and I doubt he will get much playing time. 

That said I would love to be proven wrong as we do need a big. 

Talk of trading him is also ridiculouis. He's a three year project, that's the deal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

How do we know where he is? I've seen Kwame Brown and Javale McGee play in NBA games. Melo will have talent around him. We don't need him to be Wilt, just play big. He couldn't be any worse...it's basketball, we aren't asking him to coach the team. He can run, jump, rebound and block shots...that's what we need right now.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Strange move.  It's not like he's tearing up the D-league.  He needs work, maybe they give him a taste of the NBA game with a few minutes of PT, let him practice with the big boys and then send him back to Portland. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Melo isn't ready. Dont think of him as a collection of hard fouls, that's absurd. He's a guy who needs to gain confidence not have it destroyed. 

He's not ready and I doubt he will get much playing time. 

That said I would love to be proven wrong as we do need a big. 

Talk of trading him is also ridiculouis. He's a three year project, that's the deal. 

If DA is trading for a center, the other team may want a center (even a project) in return.  That isn't ridiculous. The Celtics are looking to win the championship, and not just enter the playoffs. With the exception of KG and Rondo, there are no sacred lambs on the team.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Cs are taking advantage of new rule about no limits on how many times a player can shuffle back and forth between leagues. they might want to have their medical staff look at whatever he recently strained. they may want to have him practice w/ garnett while the schedule lull permits. could be any number of reasons they want him w/ the big club for now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If he gets playing time, then it could signal a trade...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:

BOSTON SHOULD PLAY THEM TOGETHER AND SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES THEM TO GET TO 12 FOULS!!!!!

MANY BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the topic of FOWL!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

BOING...

Classic!!! At least Jack still has the free booze to look forward to!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Only reason I can think  of.  Put him in a  few games at advantegeous moments for Phoenix GM to see.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

well if they dont trade him then at least let him spell someone for a couple miutes a game and get his feet wet!you cant totally learn from watching.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

Cs are taking advantage of new rule about no limits on how many times a player can shuffle back and forth between leagues. they might want to have their medical staff look at whatever he recently strained. they may want to have him practice w/ garnett while the schedule lull permits. could be any number of reasons they want him w/ the big club for now.

I think that is just what the C's are doing with Melo!!  Makes sense too me!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts