Let's grade Danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Let's grade Danny

Well this is it!! We full filled our roster sooner than expected. Let's start with the KG signing..Too much money I think. Let's continue with Green..Too much money I think. The Allen issue was worked very well in my opinion, and the replacements(Terry and Lee) were positive moves too. The consequence of giving too much money to KG and Green was the eventual loss of Stiemsma(Who was our only shot blocker besides KG). Right now Wilcox doesn't convince me in the back up role at center. Too small in my opinion. Nazr Mohammed was a better fit in that case if you ask. I was expecting Danny to try to resolve our primary problem last year..REBOUNDING! I was almost sure that Danny's main target was Javalee McGee by offering him the same money that Danny gave to KG but with a few years more and after him KG with less money and then sacrifice Bass and Green. Instead of Melo in my opinion Perry Jones III was a better pick after Sullinger. I'm not sure but..I think this was financially accurate. Tell me your opinion please.

McGee
    Garnett
    Pierce
    Lee
    Rondo

Stiemsma
    Sullinger/Wilcox
    Jones III/Joseph
    Terry/Bradley
    Dooling

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Re: Give me your opinion..

In Response to Re: Give me your opinion..:
    [QUOTE]McGee got 44m for 4 years. Remember, McGee is a restricted FA, even if the Celts offered him 45m for 4 years, the Nuggets will just match. The only way the Nuggets will most likely let McGee go is if another team offers him the max. So McGee was out of the question. Part of the rebounding problem is solved by getting younger. The Celts couldn't afford an Ilyasova or a Kris Humphries. By not renouncing all their FAs, the Celts couldn't sign an unrestricted free-agent that is not their own. Considering what Ainge did with what he had to work with, he did a good job. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I thought this was the year we were going to spent big time in free agents..I was expecting Ainge to offer McGee the max and then continue With KG. We need size in order to succeed..That's the key. Right now we're a smaller team and we can't expect KG to carry all the load again!! If the Nuggets matched then plan B was the option. I think Danny started with plan C.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Let's grade Danny

Danny gets an "A" for Ainge!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny:
    [QUOTE]Some here think Danny should be fired. THNX Danny!   I'll remember you when you're gone ... just like Pitino ... Don't let the door hit ya in the azz!!! Re: 2012 NBA Draft Thread posted at 6/28/2012 9:37 PM EDT Mployee8 Posts: 5486 First: 7/8/2008 Last: 7/25/2012                                        UGH !!!!!! Might as well trade Rondo now ... these two won't be running like deer down the floor ... here's a gift for Sullinger ... http://compare.ebay.com/like/260978640977?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar Welcome to Boston .... THNX Danny!  I'll remember you when you're gone ... just like Pitino ... Don't let the door hit ya in the azz!!!

I don't think Danny should get fired..But this wasn't the plan. We get almost the same team that failed to rebound almost every night last season. With the difference that we don't have anymore our best shotblocker (Stiemsma). We are going to cross our fingers and pray that Jared Sullinger is going to be the next Karl Malone!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give me your opinion.. : Apparently Ainge doesn't think McGee is worth the max. Usually size matters in basketball. But the Heat is the team to beat. If Bosh is the Center and Battier is the PF then KG and Green/Bass should be able to take advantage of the smaller Heat frontcourt. The only problem is if we have to face the Lakers. That's where size really matters. Many here are happy with what Ainge did. We may not have gotten that big man, but from 1 to 10 in the 10-man rotation, the Celts are rock solid!

I agree that Miami won with a smaller line up. But trust me with McGee and KG down there that line up with Lebron been the power forward wasn't going to succeed..They would be the one who were going to adapt to us.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give me your opinion.. : Unfortunately you and I are not the ones calling the shots. Apparently Ainge thinks otherwise.  But I'm still happy with what Ainge did. I mean he transformed the Celts from an old team to a young team in just one offseason. That's a step in the right direction. 

At least we got some trading chips and maybe we can lure someone at the trading dead line...GO CELTICS!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Younger and more athletic.  That's what this team is right now.  This will be a better rebounding team than last season.  It won't be a great rebounding team but it will be better.  It will also be a better defensive team through and through.  Remember, last years team was one game away from going to the finals.  This team now, will be better defensively, deeper in the bench, more athletic (remember a younger and more athletic gets to more loose balls and creates more turnovers) and can run with Rondo on the fast break.  Last years team was too tired in the 4th to rebound, get to loose balls and run the court.  A for Danny!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In Response to Let's grade Danny:
    [QUOTE]Well this is it!! We full filled our roster sooner than expected. Let's start with the KG signing..Too much money I think. Let's continue with Green..Too much money I think. The Allen issue was worked very well in my opinion, and the replacements(Terry and Lee) were positive moves too. The consequence of giving too much money to KG and Green was the eventual loss of Stiemsma(Who was our only shot blocker besides KG). Right now Wilcox doesn't convince me in the back up role at center. Too small in my opinion. Nazr Mohammed was a better fit in that case if you ask. I was expecting Danny to try to resolve our primary problem last year..REBOUNDING! I was almost sure that Danny's main target was Javalee McGee by offering him the same money that Danny gave to KG but with a few years more and after him KG with less money and then sacrifice Bass and Green. Instead of Melo in my opinion Perry Jones III was a better pick after Sullinger. I'm not sure but..I think this was financially accurate. Tell me your opinion please. McGee Garnett Pierce Lee Rondo Stiemsma Sullinger/Wilcox Jones III/Joseph Terry/Bradley Dooling
    Posted by franquazi[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I think you're freaking nuts. I don't agree with your take at all. Ainge did an incredible job getting KG to come back and for Green to take less money to stay a Celtic. Not to mention the dradt. CELTICS HIT THE JACKPOT THIS OFFSEASON !!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Lucky A's
    Doc resigning
    KG resigning
    Sully falling in the draft

Earned A's
    Drafting and having the patience with AB
    Signing Lee as the 3rd or 4th G (although the $$$ were higher than I would have liked)

B-
    Signing Terry. Should pan out this year but Terry is on the decline and how many seasons does he have left? Assuming health and harmony for all, I would have preferred Rondo, Ray and AB over Rondo, Terry and AB

C+
    Signing Bass so quickly for the $$$. Seems there are a lot of similar type players and I wonder if Sully will over take BB's minutes
    C+
    Signing Dooling. STeady and heady. Will be a coach some day. As the 5th guard, nice guy to bring back at the right $$$
    C
    Resigning Wilcox. Nice depth signing, but Wilcox is not a #2 back up C. He is more a back up PF and #3 C. Yet Celts do not have a legit #2 C, and KG is an aging 25 minute per game C
    C
    Signing Collins
    Nice size for an 11th man

D
    Resigning Green for the $$$.
    D-
    Drafting Melo. 2-3 year project with 10-20% probability. Lower ceiling but higher probability players were still on the board that could have helped this year

F
    Losing Steimsa. Not having the $$$ to resign him will hurt. He wasnt a great C, but he could have been a very solid #2 spelling KG for 18-20 minutes. Great rim protector, not a liability on offense, well liked on the team. Should have been resigned 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Let's grade Danny : Sorry, I think you're freaking nuts. I don't agree with your take at all. Ainge did an incredible job getting KG to come back and for Green to take less money to stay a Celtic. Not to mention the dradt. CELTICS HIT THE JACKPOT THIS OFFSEASON !!! 
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]I think DA needed to re-sign Green, otherwise, the whole Perkins deal would have been for nothing save the draft pick used to select Sullinger. It is only Green's agent who is claiming that Jeff Green would have received more money elsewhere. Agents are known to routinely lie and exagerrate on matters concerning their clients. That's all part of posturing during negotiations. For example, Eryan Ilyasova, who is a more proven player than Green signed at $8 M a year for 5 years with the Bucks. Celtics could have gone after him and saved some money. Celtics are really gambling on Jeff Green. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

F. No rebounding = No championship. If Ainge would have addressed the rebounding he would get a passing grade.

Sections
Shortcuts