Let's grade Danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Let's grade Danny

Ainge gets an A

He flipped RA's $10M into Terry and Lee ($5M apiece)

He resigns KG and Bass

He kept the entire draft and didn't trade a pick (Sully, Melo, KJoe)

Here's where it gets real tricky and I don't understand how he did it. How did he get Green for $10M??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : I don't think Danny should get fired..But this wasn't the plan. We get almost the same team that failed to rebound almost every night last season. With the difference that we don't have anymore our best shotblocker (Stiemsma). We are going to cross our fingers and pray that Jared Sullinger is going to be the next Karl Malone!!
    Posted by franquazi[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the same team that took Miami to 7 in the ECF?

Except now we have a healthy Bradley, Sullinger, Green, Terry Wilcox and Lee?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

Danny gets an A for sure.  Everyone wanted him to blow this team up and start from scratch, but this was a terrible year for free agents, so all that cap room would have gone to waste.  Keeping KG was a must....all 3 picks in the draft will fill roles....Terry and Lee are very solid pickups to help replace Allen....And this will be the first real chance for Jeff Green to show what he can do for the Celtics.  Bottom line is that the Celtics got younger and stayed viable all at the same time, which is not easy to do in the NBA.  They have another 2-3 year window in which they will be very competitive...at that point they will again have the chance for some big cap space and make that big FA splash everyone is hoping for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Those that wanted a rebounder, who do you think we were going to get Dennis Rodman??

Unless you get a guy like Reggie Evans who is a liability on offense it's not worth getting some who just gets rebounds. Our collection of bigs should be able to rebound.

Remember this team doesn't put a premium on offensive rebounds, they are more concerned with getting back on defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

It isn't just length that rebounds.  It is having a nose for the ball, a want and determination.  It is just as important if not more (rebounding), positioning and blocking out.  That is why you get people like a Love, Jefferson and David Lee or players of the past like Dennis Rodman pulling down boards.  They aren't the tallest on the court but they want it more and do the intangibles to get the ball.

Rondo, for instance, isn't the tallest but he wants that ball in his hands.  The sooner he has it, the quicker he can make a play up court. So he goes after boards.

Garnett's rebounds average has gone down in recent years.  Some say from getting older but that is just part of it.  The NBA is packed with power forwards that can score and KG was always guarding shorter PF's that had offense in mind.  That took him away from the basket to defend.  With his move to center, his average rebounds per game went up.  There aren't a lot of offensive minded C in the game today and KG will pull more boards.

This group has a mix of players that have a nose for the ball.  You look at Wilcox for instance.  His last 10 healthy games before they shut him down.  He was getting into a rhythm and his stats showed he could foot the bill at back up PF/C and rebound.  Sullinger, though not proven at the NBA level, has a nose for the ball, (a want!) and if his play transfers from college to the NBA, he will be an above average rebounder in the NBA.

If it were just size that rebounds. The likes of Hibbert, Howard and Bynum, who are at or close to the top of the rebounding charts would run away from everyone else in this category statistic but they don't.

Team rebounding will be up this year for the Celtics and any statistic up is a move in the right direction for a team one win away from an NBA finals appearance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]F. No rebounding = No championship. If Ainge would have addressed the rebounding he would get a passing grade.
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

So he needs a championship to get a passing grade as a GM?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

F-

He is definitely NO Mitch Kupchak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : I don't think Danny should get fired..But this wasn't the plan. We get almost the same team that failed to rebound almost every night last season. With the difference that we don't have anymore our best shotblocker (Stiemsma). We are going to cross our fingers and pray that Jared Sullinger is going to be the next Karl Malone!!
    Posted by franquazi[/QUOTE]

And with the weakness you mentioned,the celtics took the super team,miami to seven games, and gave them  a fight to the last 3 min of game 7.I believe the celtics will be a better team this year.Go celtics. Cheers

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : And with the weakness you mentioned,the celtics took the super team,miami to seven games, and gave them  a fight to the last 3 min of game 7.I believe the celtics will be a better team this year.Go celtics. Cheers
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

Miami is no super team. They are just like the Dallas Mavericks of 2011 and the Boston Celtics of 2008 - - - - - - ONE hit wonders. Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Continue to shoot a high percentage from the field
    Continue to play stellar D
    Limit offensive rebounds
    Use our depth every game

And we will be fine.  I think second chance points were our biggest flaw, and have been since 2010.  That should be priority #1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

[QUOTE]F- He is definitely NO Mitch Kupchak.
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

Your squad is old, old, old.

When are the Lakers going to groom some young talent? YOu can't ride Kobe forever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : Your squad is old, old, old. When are the Lakers going to groom some young talent? YOu can't ride Kobe forever.
    Posted by BirdLewsBias[/QUOTE]

Groom young talent?  Why should they, when they can just sign the best free agents available?  Tell me the last time a team won a title by grooming young talent. To be successful in the NBA, you have to be attractive and there is no team more attractive than the Los Angeles Lakers. Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : Groom young talent?  Why should they, when they can just sign the best free agents available?  Tell me the last time a team won a title by grooming young talent. To be successful in the NBA, you have to be attractive and there is no team more attractive than the Los Angeles Lakers.

What Free Agent did they SIGN, genius???  This should be good!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : What Free Agent did they SIGN, genius???  This should be good!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Shaq was HUGE free agent when the Lakers got him.  Thanks for allowing me to once again put you in your place. 

Jamison was also a great pick up. Did you know that he averaged more points than James Harden last year? Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : Groom young talent?  Why should they, when they can just sign the best free agents available?  Tell me the last time a team won a title by grooming young talent. To be successful in the NBA, you have to be attractive and there is no team more attractive than the Los Angeles Lakers.

SHAQ - are you kidding me?? You meant this past year and you know it!!  Jamison??  The guy you think is better than Harden??  What a clown!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : SHAQ - are you kidding me?? You meant this past year and you know it!!  Jamison??  The guy you think is better than Harden??  What a clown!!

I was giving an honest answer to your question. Once again, you got served, kid.

Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : I was giving an honest answer to your question. Once again, you got served, kid.

LIAR!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : LIAR!!

Your question, and I quote - "What Free Agent did they SIGN, genius???" 

My response, and I quote - "Shaq"

I win again! It is just too easy... Cool 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : Your question, and I quote - "What Free Agent did they SIGN, genius???"  My response, and I quote - "Shaq" I win again! It is just too easy...  

Oh no, YOU said "why rebuild when the lakers can just sign the best available free agents."    That was in reference to THIS year, summer of 2012.

What BIG name Free Agents did they sign in summer of 2012?  And remember, you cannot BS me!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : Oh no, YOU said "why rebuild when the lakers can just sign the best available free agents."    That was in reference to THIS year, summer of 2012. What BIG name Free Agents did they sign in summer of 2012?  And remember, you cannot BS me!!

I never said anything about the summer of 2012. It is a known fact that the Lakers do not build their teams through the draft. It is also a known fact that the majority of teams that do try this are unsuccessful, with the exception of the Spurs and the Thunder.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

To win a championship, it's always a mix of trades, draft and free agency.  No one avenue will win you a championship.  Memories are fond to look back on but what keeps a fan going is the promise of the future.  I like how our future looks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : Are you talking about the same team that took Miami to 7 in the ECF? Except now we have a healthy Bradley, Sullinger, Green, Terry Wilcox and Lee?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Oh yes!! the same that needed 7 games to just pass Philly and Atl and were lucky to not play Chicago because Rose got injured and Noah..We were just lucky!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

[QUOTE]Those that wanted a rebounder, who do you think we were going to get Dennis Rodman?? Unless you get a guy like Reggie Evans who is a liability on offense it's not worth getting some who just gets rebounds. Our collection of bigs should be able to rebound. Remember this team doesn't put a premium on offensive rebounds, they are more concerned with getting back on defense.
    Posted by BirdLewsBias[/QUOTE]

What about shotblocking ability?? Miami has James, Wade, Bosh and Anthony. LA has Bynum and Gasol. Okl has Ibaka, Perkins and Durant and Boston got Melo and Collins?? Next time try more to impress me Bias..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's grade Danny : Let's archive this post so that we can revisit this subject in 3 months.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Fierces I know you get personal with me because you don't know how to proceed against my posts..Let me just tell you that you are more than welcome to archive this and any of my posts. This upcoming celtic team will be very competitive..But again we're relying too much on Garnett and Sullinger. We will need Rondo to be an offensive option most of the time. We need to alive Pierce and KG on both ends of the court. Go celts!!

Sections
Shortcuts