Lets help the Bulls help the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Lets help the Bulls help the Celtics

I know this may be lop-sided, but its really the only thing that works salary cap wise.

BOS: Snell, Teague

CHI: Crawford

Crawford is playing really well. Out of his mind as of late. I actually really like the idea of resigning him as our backup PG going forward. Howver, if Danny's strategy is to truly tank, he would make this move. Snell could turn out to be a nice player and Teague could help us lose some games and move Pressey up in the rotation. The Bulls make this move if they have 0 confidence in Teague moving forward and believe that Snell can't quite help them out this year. Not sure I include anything close to a 1st round pick if I'm the Celtics here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Lets help the Bulls help the Celtics

If this is done soon it allows the Celtics to drop some more games (15ish) before Rondo comes back. With Rondo back, Lee, Pressey and Brooks are able to move up in the depth chart. If Snell develops as a defender, he could be a nice piece of the bench with Bradley moving forward.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l2b6336

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Common sheeple this is a no-brainer trade!

I'm not even suggesting a rondo for rose swap (which may make more sense than you might think!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Crawford could be a good backup for the 1 and 2, making him a part of out future.   At this time he provides a outside threat that is badly needed by this team.  Team development can only occur if we are trying to win, once the team senses that we are making moves to lose their play could change.  We have guys that look like good prospects for our team of the future or good trade chips to be used with draft picks or whatever.  At this time we have no guarantee that the draft will be kind to us this spring.  But with Rondo, Green, Sullinger, Fav, KO and Crawford we have players that with the simple addition of a great 2 would comprise a competative team in a year or so.  Danny is looking at ways to speed up our growth through trades.  Only trade Crawford if we get a good draft pick or a good young player.  I would love to see Rondo and Crawford for 10 games at the one and two.  At this time it looks like Crawford has a better chance improving his defense and using his shooting and passing and rebounding skills to become a good player, than Avery has of improving his passing and shooting skills.  Crawford also has the height to play the 2.  He may just be a backup at the 1 and 2 , but that is a very important place.  We should be careful about ridding ourselves of players that might work out for us in the long run.  To me trading Doc , KG, and Paul were not moves made for us to lose, the draft picks, players, and tade exception make it look like Danny made prettty good deals.  It also placed KG, Paul, and Doc in positions where they might have great years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Crawford could be a good backup for the 1 and 2, making him a part of out future.   At this time he provides a outside threat that is badly needed by this team.  Team development can only occur if we are trying to win, once the team senses that we are making moves to lose their play could change.  We have guys that look like good prospects for our team of the future or good trade chips to be used with draft picks or whatever.  At this time we have no guarantee that the draft will be kind to us this spring.  But with Rondo, Green, Sullinger, Fav, KO and Crawford we have players that with the simple addition of a great 2 would comprise a competative team in a year or so.  Danny is looking at ways to speed up our growth through trades.  Only trade Crawford if we get a good draft pick or a good young player.  I would love to see Rondo and Crawford for 10 games at the one and two.  At this time it looks like Crawford has a better chance improving his defense and using his shooting and passing and rebounding skills to become a good player, than Avery has of improving his passing and shooting skills.  Crawford also has the height to play the 2.  He may just be a backup at the 1 and 2 , but that is a very important place.  We should be careful about ridding ourselves of players that might work out for us in the long run.  To me trading Doc , KG, and Paul were not moves made for us to lose, the draft picks, players, and tade exception make it look like Danny made prettty good deals.  It also placed KG, Paul, and Doc in positions where they might have great years.

[/QUOTE]

I would add that playing to win has made Brandon, Lee, Hump and Crash more tradeable.  They have played well enough to gander some interest from other teams.  These are the guys because of age and salary that need to be moved on, I did not say they are out worst players, they may be out better players, but age and salary makes them a poor fit for Celts right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yeah, I'm thinking that winning increases the value of our assets more than our chances of a top pick are worth.

that said, jc is a one in a million scorer and just needed someone to believe in him.  We're seeing the strength of brad Stevens now...player development and psychology.  Plus, I like watching Jordan.  Please keep him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Come on, that's not how to tank.

Trading JC for garbage is something we will regret later on.

Just trade the likes of Bass, Lee, Humpy, and Wallace.

[/QUOTE]

Thats now how to tank?

Crawfords leading the team in PER ... 

Trash? Snell could become a very good defensive player... Crawford is going to get a deal elsewhere this summer...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thats now how to tank?

Crawfords leading the team in PER ... 

Trash? Snell could become a very good defensive player... Crawford is going to get a deal elsewhere this summer...

[/QUOTE]

Crawford is very good right now.

So why trade him for garbage?

Snell very good defensive player?

It's not football where a player only has to play defense or offense.

The Celtics can keep Crawford as the Celts have enough to keep Crawford or Bradley, but not both.

You don't trade players just so you can tank.

Just limit the guy's playing time.

For example, don't play Crawford in the 4th qtr.

Let Pressey play the point in the 4th.

We don't have to trade players just to tank.

There are other ways to do it.

[/QUOTE]

Common dude you contradict yourself. You just said to tank would be to trade Bass & Humphries.

Crawfords the bad player who can do well on a bad team. Just like a Nate Robinson. Not going to win us anything. 

Snell was the 20th pick in this last draft. He came from a similar situation as Leonard and has been compared to him.

I'm just saying, nobody in the NBA wanted Crawford a month ago including the Celtics. Why not sell high, get worse in the short term, and get another guy on a rookie deal with potential? This way we can pay Avery who is a superior player to Crawford.

Listen, I like what Crawfords been doing, but its all about selling high and taking advantage of situations. Bulls could use him and we could use young talent.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Common dude you contradict yourself. You just said to tank would be to trade Bass & Humphries.

Crawfords the bad player who can do well on a bad team. Just like a Nate Robinson. Not going to win us anything. 

Snell was the 20th pick in this last draft. He came from a similar situation as Leonard and has been compared to him.

I'm just saying, nobody in the NBA wanted Crawford a month ago including the Celtics. Why not sell high, get worse in the short term, and get another guy on a rookie deal with potential? This way we can pay Avery who is a superior player to Crawford.

Listen, I like what Crawfords been doing, but its all about selling high and taking advantage of situations. Bulls could use him and we could use young talent.

[/QUOTE]

It's not contradicting my self.

Trading Bass and Humpy is the right thing to do because they are not part of the future plans.

Both Bass and Humpy and are 28 years old.

Crawford is just 25 years old.

There's a big difference.

Right now Crawford has proven he can play PG.

He's our best shooter right now.

And he will not demand a huge contract.

So he's a keeper for a lot of reasons.

Every year there are guys, that come out of the draft, like Snell.

[/QUOTE]

Trading Humphries is a bad idea unless he can be packaged with one of our young bigs and draft picks for an allstar type player.

We need the salary to expire. Danny is not going to trade him just to get another couple of mid tier role players.

Crawford may be legit. 

Why not trade Brooks for Snell & Teague?

Oh yeah, because Brooks has no value, just like Crawford 1 month ago. 

SELL HIGH

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Trading Humphries is a bad idea unless he can be packaged with one of our young bigs and draft picks for an allstar type player.

We need the salary to expire. Danny is not going to trade him just to get another couple of mid tier role players.

Crawford may be legit. 

Why not trade Brooks for Snell & Teague?

Oh yeah, because Brooks has no value, just like Crawford 1 month ago. 

SELL HIGH

[/QUOTE]

We're not trading Humpy for above average players like what Mployee wants.

What I want for Humpy is another 1st round pick.

And the Celts are not in the business of selling or buying players.

Jordan Crawford is cheap and he can be a starter or a bench player.

He can also play PG.

So there's really no reason why he should be traded.

Why would we want Teague and Snell?

They're players that we can easily get with the pick from Brooklyn or Atlanta.

[/QUOTE]

They're on rookie deals. 

Crawford is a free agent. There is no guarentee he resigns with Boston. He's starting to earn a deal elsewhere. He can help Chicago compete this year.

Trading Crawford for Snell is like trading for a 1st round pick, since Snell was the a 20th pick from the 2013 draft. Teague can be waved after this year.

How do you not get this?

Humphries will return another 1st round pick? At what cost? I'll tell you what cost. It's at the cost of taking on more salary for 2014 and beyond. That is antiproductive. Let him expire.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

Remember, R9R, the last big name free-agent the Celts signed was a 35-year old Dominique Wilkins.

The Celts will not be needing cap space next season.

It will be in 2015-16, when Rondo's contract expires, where the Celts will need all the cap space they can get.

[/QUOTE]

Well you better hope that the Humphries trade for a pick and a contract is for a player currently on a 2 year deal.

I think you're mad if you think Humphries will retrieve a first round pick without needing to take on a slew of garbage. 

I don't know much about Snell. Just that he's likened to Kawhai Leonard.  I like Crawford too, but I think Snell has more value as a rookie. He's a legit 3&D guy. Crawfords shown that he needs 20+mpg to be effective as a PG.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

[QUOTE]

I know this may be lop-sided, but its really the only thing that works salary cap wise.

BOS: Snell, Teague

CHI: Crawford

Crawford is playing really well. Out of his mind as of late. I actually really like the idea of resigning him as our backup PG going forward. Howver, if Danny's strategy is to truly tank, he would make this move. Snell could turn out to be a nice player and Teague could help us lose some games and move Pressey up in the rotation. The Bulls make this move if they have 0 confidence in Teague moving forward and believe that Snell can't quite help them out this year. Not sure I include anything close to a 1st round pick if I'm the Celtics here.

[/QUOTE]

You'd be selling high on Crawford. He's been probably the second most consistent player on the Celtics this year behind Sully (if you don't count Jeff Green being consistently inconsistent). Celtics get young assets. I'm just not sure if those two are what the Celtics are looking for.

Sections
Shortcuts