Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

Rebuilding on the fly is also known as re-tooling... unless Fierce of course says that it's not.

He is rarely right... but he is never ever wrong.

Pud

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The Celtics lost the recyled players which you expect in every NBA team every year. These players are one time & one season employee. The only significant player they lost was Ray Allen the rest are  revolving doors players. Don't count it as a major Celtics players.

The replacement for Allen (between terry and lee), which you said an upgrade? so, you lose nothing there?

That's not 70%.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Basketball analysts don't even have the Celtics winning the Atlantic Division!

The Celts' Big 3 era has ended.

This season the Celts are trying to rebuild and win at the same time. I don't know if it's possible, but Ainge did a good job making the Celts a younger and more athletic team.

When Wade will be 33 years old and Bosh 31 years old, 3 years from now, that's the time I expect this Rondo led Celtics team to be contenders again. Right now the Celts are still very good. But I don't know if the Celts can beat Lebron in a 7-game series when Lebron is at his prime.

Most probably the Celts are going to be in the 2nd round of the playoffs again. But May is still 6 months away. A lot can still happen. We don't even know if Ainge will keep this current Celts team together or he will make changes at the trade deadline.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy with the current Celts team, even if they are struggling. This kind of Celtics basketball is better than the one when everybody was waiting for Ray to get open until the shot-clock expired.

[/QUOTE]

Tell that to KG and P2. NO rebuilding process here. Just a feeling out process. In the end, the C's will be there again. Let's not forget that when Avery Bradley gets back, this Team will be able to run much better and DWade can enjoy another Spalding tattoo on his forhead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

So now its not a rebuild season.. its an overhaul season. Lets not forget.

From the guy who brought us Occupy Rondo... and bet against the Cs making the PO's last year.

Pud

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not splitting hairs....rebuild, retool, recharge................the fact is this:  we took MIA to 7 games last year with a bench of Dooling, Pietrus, Hollins and Steamer.  We have vastly improved our bench - so we should be better..................unfortunately, MIA has also improved their bench, so chances are we will suffer the same fate, unless DA can get us a Millsap, Smith or Varajeo at the deadline.

I like this team, and will live and die with whoever we have on our  roster!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Basketball analysts don't even have the Celtics winning the Atlantic Division!

The Celts' Big 3 era has ended.

This season the Celts are trying to rebuild and win at the same time. I don't know if it's possible, but Ainge did a good job making the Celts a younger and more athletic team.

When Wade will be 33 years old and Bosh 31 years old, 3 years from now, that's the time I expect this Rondo led Celtics team to be contenders again. Right now the Celts are still very good. But I don't know if the Celts can beat Lebron in a 7-game series when Lebron is at his prime.

Most probably the Celts are going to be in the 2nd round of the playoffs again. But May is still 6 months away. A lot can still happen. We don't even know if Ainge will keep this current Celts team together or he will make changes at the trade deadline.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy with the current Celts team, even if they are struggling. This kind of Celtics basketball is better than the one when everybody was waiting for Ray to get open until the shot-clock expired.

[/QUOTE]

Tell that to KG and P2. NO rebuilding process here. Just a feeling out process. In the end, the C's will be there again. Let's not forget that when Avery Bradley gets back, this Team will be able to run much better and DWade can enjoy another Spalding tattoo on his forhead.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree that having Bradley back should help this team to improve.  By that time, hopefully, the team will have developed better team chemistry.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well, in my opinion, we can call it anything we collectively want to.....I will just say that I think the talent and depth of this roster is better than last year's team......that said, the chemistry is currently no where near as good as it was....so it is a work in progress....I will say I am impressed with the moves Danny made....I know as fans (especially the older ones) we have gotten spoiled over the years...but having won the most banners in league history the team has still failed to win it all approximately 75% of the time over the years....just like in MLB, the great hitters still fail 7 out of 10 at bats....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Clueless34 AKA Bandwagon34, Mr. Flip Flop Spinderella. We all know him. Soon he'll make a bet and not pay it off...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not splitting hairs....rebuild, retool, recharge................the fact is this:  we took MIA to 7 games last year with a bench of Dooling, Pietrus, Hollins and Steamer.  We have vastly improved our bench - so we should be better..................unfortunately, MIA has also improved their bench, so chances are we will suffer the same fate, unless DA can get us a Millsap, Smith or Varajeo at the deadline.

I like this team, and will live and die with whoever we have on our  roster!!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it will take some time ton gel but that is NOT because they are rebuilding, that term is used for teams that are lotto bound and dumping expensive veterans and not expecting to win.

The Lakers are also not a 'crappy' team until they spend months under .500 and appear headed to the lotto, they also have to introduce new players and a new system. If they are not rebuilding by replacing half their rotation then Boston certainly isn't either.

Pierce quit on the team last year... let's hope this really is his inability to understand the defintion of these terms he throws out and not his planting thr seeds to jump off the bandwagon... again.

Just saying 'yeah I guess I was wrong, the word 'rebuilding isn't appropriate here' is an impossible statement for him to make. He will just spin off in a million directions of weak explanation. Says a lot about the guy as a man.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yes

seriously

if KG retired and the Celtics traded Pierce and Ainge made statements about how the team was likely lotto bound and needed to have a few down years before catching Miami when their guys are all 31-34... then THAT wouild be 'rebuilding'. The Celtics geared their entire offseason towards beating Miami, they are 're-tooled' or created a better 1-12, designed a rotation more around Rondo's strengths, but please show SOME understanding of the term 'rebuild' as it is used in sports.

Heck they even tried to keep Ray, wanted him over Lee, and offered him twice the $ as Miami.

What the Celtics are doing is what the Patriots are doing... creating a younger deeper complete roster while letting older expensive players go... and still making playoff visit after playoff visit and competing for a SB.

All while not touching the Belichick, Brady, Wilfork, Welker group... like Doc, Pierce, KG and Rondo.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

an no, you cannot call the Laker's a crappy team until they miss the playoffs

you are welcome to say they are playing crappy, b/c they are. But I asked if that was your prediction, that they miss the playoffs this year, and you never responded. Even 7-8 seeded teams are above .500 and NOT 'crappy'

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yes

seriously

if KG retired and the Celtics traded Pierce and Ainge made statements about how the team was likely lotto bound and needed to have a few down years before catching Miami when their guys are all 31-34... then THAT wouild be 'rebuilding'. The Celtics geared their entire offseason towards beating Miami, they are 're-tooled' or created a better 1-12, designed a rotation more around Rondo's strengths, but please show SOME understanding of the term 'rebuild' as it is used in sports.

Heck they even tried to keep Ray, wanted him over Lee, and offered him twice the $ as Miami.

What the Celtics are doing is what the Patriots are doing... creating a younger deeper complete roster while letting older expensive players go... and still making playoff visit after playoff visit and competing for a SB.

All while not touching the Belichick, Brady, Wilfork, Welker group... like Doc, Pierce, KG and Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Fine! Rebuilding on the fly. You happy now?

And since when did I quit on the Celtics this season? Show proof!

[/QUOTE]

Yes we 'technically' rebuilt on the fly... if you consider the strict meaning of rebuild as removing over half your roster for new players... even if those players mostly are all better and the goal is to improve upon least seasons ECF game 7 and get past Miami.

But no, i'm not happy with 'rebuild on the fly' b/c your thread is reminding us all to not be upset about a 1-2 start b/c the team is rebuilding through youth, is nothing more than a 2nd rd team (later changed to having a 'shot' in May or the ECF or whatever) and the worst offense, saying that we are waiting until Wade gets old to beat Miami again.

What???

The goal is to beat them NOW, this year, while KG/PP still can put up 3-4 monster games in a 6-7 game series and while we have superior depth than them.

So no, your idea of how they are rebuilding has flip-flopped a bunch of times on this thread alone. The term itself simply doesn't work for this team and this season. The Orlando Magic are rebuilding, not the Celtics.

and I didn't say you quit this year, I said you quit LAST year. And so if you were going to pull that trash again the first step would be a thread like this, where you start to make excuses like the team is going young, changing the guard, the system and 'rebuilding' to be able to compete in 2-3 years. Then a few weeks or months in if we continue to not play like a contender you can start the process of jumping 100% off the bandwagon, and having your excuses already there for you: "hey guys I said in October this was a rebuilding process' look at me I'm never wrong..

But if ths team becomes dominant you can stand by the whole 'I only meant rebuild as in 70% of the roster was turned over'

It is all so tiresome

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

rame

Are you really that dumb?

What part of subpar don't you understand?

Crappy is synonymous to subpar.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, when LA makes the playoffs they are instantly not a crappy and subpar team, they are better than .500 and better than half the teams in the league they play in. so NOT crappy.

And they are going to do better than just make the playoffs, they will win around 50 games, get a 3-6 seed and likey make the 2nd rd.

when that happens, 100% NOT crappy.

So tell me, why are you not answering my question on what youn predict from LA??? If you predict that they end up in the lottoit is ok for you to keep calling them crappy until the point it is obvious they are not a bad lotto team.

Is that your prediciton? Answer the question.