Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

I agree! DA did rebuild the C's roster for the future. He accomplished this feat, while keeping the starting lineup from last year (AB was the starter at the end of the seaon) in tact! 

Prediction - the light will come on for JG about the same time AB returns to the line-up! This will result in a great run for the C's catapulting them to the upper tier of playoff bound teams!!

Go Celtics!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

I agree! DA did rebuild the C's roster for the future. He accomplished this feat, while keeping the starting lineup from last year (AB was the starter at the end of the seaon) in tact! 

Prediction - the light will come on for JG about the same time AB returns to the line-up! This will result in a great run for the C's catapulting them to the upper tier of playoff bound teams!!

Go Celtics!

You make an excellent point what has come to me watching these last three games is that  Pierce and Garnett are going to able to only be effective in spurts.  Pierce killed them in many games last year with his errant shots and turnovers trying to get looks he no  longer can get as easily. Garnett looks tired and he did last year but if he can come came back like last year it will change everything for the positive.  

The questions however remains as you say can they get AB, Green, Sullinger, Lee, and Terry to contribute to make up for the spurts  that Garnett and Pierce cannot provide consistently over a whole game?

You have guys like Terry who averaged 16 points a game for the last few years. If he can't get numbers like that here we will be in trouble. Lee averaged 11 points is he going to get that kind of production? Is Green going to get 12 to 14 points a night?  The question is really unknown and it is easy to see that Pierce and to a lesser extent Garnett make it so these guys are going to get less good opportunities.  In a perfect world we have a great 10 guys and are stronger than ever but Pierce despite his  dagger like shots has not been a reliable performer.  He can come out and get us the lead as he did in the opening of the Miami game and than kill us the rest of the game.

I really thought the lack of another big man was the problem and still do but the lack of defined roles with all the good new players is going to kill this team unless it can be worked out. Much like the hated and frontrunning new Lakers. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Rebuilding is not the proper words 'cause

These players are OLD DUDES since I can remember them playing in NBA in ages: GARNET - PIERCE - TERRY - LEE - DARCO - BASS - WILCOX - BARBOSA - COLLINS. Darn, even Rondo, bradley and Green are starting to age in NBA.

Rookies like Sullinger - Kris Joseph - Melo are the only addition - and only one rook will make it which is Sullinger. Hardly a rebuilding process.

So, why call this a rebuilding? A month ago, you are calling it  a winning group.

The sub-performance are now called 'REBUILDING" process? Subtraction and addition might be the best solution if the sub-par performance continue.....but i will not call it rebuilding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Go Celtics!

You make an excellent point what has come to me watching these last three games is that  Pierce and Garnett are going to able to only be effective in spurts.  Pierce killed them in many games last year with his errant shots and turnovers trying to get looks he no  longer can get as easily. Garnett looks tired and he did last year but if he can come came back like last year it will change everything for the positive.  

The questions however remains as you say can they get AB, Green, Sullinger, Lee, and Terry to contribute to make up for the spurts  that Garnett and Pierce cannot provide consistently over a whole game?

You have guys like Terry who averaged 16 points a game for the last few years. If he can't get numbers like that here we will be in trouble. Lee averaged 11 points is he going to get that kind of production? Is Green going to get 12 to 14 points a night?  The question is really unknown and it is easy to see that Pierce and to a lesser extent Garnett make it so these guys are going to get less good opportunities.  In a perfect world we have a great 10 guys and are stronger than ever but Pierce despite his  dagger like shots has not been a reliable performer.  He can come out and get us the lead as he did in the opening of the Miami game and than kill us the rest of the game.

I really thought the lack of another big man was the problem and still do but the lack of defined roles with all the good new players is going to kill this team unless it can be worked out. Much like the hated and frontrunning new Lakers. 

Great points! On the topic of JG, the Cs need him to develop into a lead by example type of player, e.g. KG. They need him to be more vocal, play tougher D, set better picks, and score at a more consistent pace!

It is just a matter of time before JG's light illuminates! When it does, the C's will be a true title contender. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Rebuilding?  More like the C's retooled in my view. This bench i see is better than the 86 Celtics. No panic here after 10 -15 games you may really like this team. I like this team rght now. Go C's

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I say if they are above .500 at mid season, they are retooling, if below .500, they are rebuilding..lol...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Sounds pretty pathetic 3 games in Fierce

Improvements at EVERY position from a team leading the East finals 3-2 and then by 11 2nd half of game 7...

and now you are already off the bandwagon... dissapointing

a whoo a whaaaat rama??

where's our center?

the only guy who is playing over his head is sullinger. 

the team is putting up numbers like they've never seen each other before and too many of them have

if we HAVE improved at every position then when is our rebounding going to improve? :-O

green ripping down 2 boards a night

we lost blocked shots in steamer and darko will not match that if he even ever plays.  still kg alone in the middle unless sullinger can do it with mirrors with a ground bound game like davis did.  davis did not have a prior back injury though...

we shall see.  but we did NOT improve at every position if rondo is still clocking 40 a night and sullinger is your only back up 5

Sections
Shortcuts