Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe the Lakers have 9 new players.  Are they rebuilding as well?

[/QUOTE]

The Lakers are clearly not rebuilding because they're stacked with old players.

Last season the Celts started the season with 4 old players and Rondo.

Again, I'm not saying the Celts are a rebuilding team like the Bobcats. Ainge tried to do 2 things at once, rebuilding at the same time trying to win.

Come on, when you lose 70% of your players from last season, it's not retooling anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Well I just pointed out the same reason you said we were rebuilding for the Lakers.  The pretty much have as many new players as we do.  They have some old players yes,  but they also have a few youngsters,  they are just not in the rotation.  I would prefer to say that we reloaded,  which means we kept our nucleous and add some pieces.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

rame

Are you really that dumb?

What part of subpar don't you understand?

Crappy is synonymous to subpar.

[/QUOTE]

and you are aware that 'par' in the NBA is 41-41 right???

are you going to predict that LA is going to be 'subpar' this year or are you just going to keep calling me dumb (hey isn't that what Kobe does?) when I CORRECTLY point out all the things that are wrong with your posts regarding 'crappy' and 'rebuilt'

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not splitting hairs....rebuild, retool, recharge................the fact is this:  we took MIA to 7 games last year with a bench of Dooling, Pietrus, Hollins and Steamer.  We have vastly improved our bench - so we should be better..................unfortunately, MIA has also improved their bench, so chances are we will suffer the same fate, unless DA can get us a Millsap, Smith or Varajeo at the deadline.

I like this team, and will live and die with whoever we have on our  roster!!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it will take some time ton gel but that is NOT because they are rebuilding, that term is used for teams that are lotto bound and dumping expensive veterans and not expecting to win.

The Lakers are also not a 'crappy' team until they spend months under .500 and appear headed to the lotto, they also have to introduce new players and a new system. If they are not rebuilding by replacing half their rotation then Boston certainly isn't either.

Pierce quit on the team last year... let's hope this really is his inability to understand the defintion of these terms he throws out and not his planting thr seeds to jump off the bandwagon... again.

Just saying 'yeah I guess I was wrong, the word 'rebuilding isn't appropriate here' is an impossible statement for him to make. He will just spin off in a million directions of weak explanation. Says a lot about the guy as a man.

[/QUOTE]

How did Pierce quit on the team?  He played hurt and outplayed everyone opposite of him in the playoffs except Lebron.  Who outplays Lebron?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You implied they would not be dominant in the opening post Fierce:

When Wade will be 33 years old and Bosh 31 years old, 3 years from now, that's the time I expect this Rondo led Celtics team to be contenders again. Right now the Celts are still very good. But I don't know if the Celts can beat Lebron in a 7-game series when Lebron is at his prime.

Most probably the Celts are going to be in the 2nd round of the playoffs again.

You didn't talk about # of W's or what seed they would be. but you came right out and said they are 'rebuilding' while still trying to win (oxymoron), were probably going down in the 2nd rd (so losing to a team OTHER than Miami if you think us and the Heat gets seeds 1 and 2)

Then you go on to say we will not be contenders until Wade is 33 years old

And yet you don't understand why posters take issue with that after a summer of saying our 'improving' was going to make for a scary, deep, younger, more athletic team that could push miami and possibly win a title.

Now we are 1-2 and its 'we are not contending for 2-3 more years'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not splitting hairs....rebuild, retool, recharge................the fact is this:  we took MIA to 7 games last year with a bench of Dooling, Pietrus, Hollins and Steamer.  We have vastly improved our bench - so we should be better..................unfortunately, MIA has also improved their bench, so chances are we will suffer the same fate, unless DA can get us a Millsap, Smith or Varajeo at the deadline.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it will take some time ton gel but that is NOT because they are rebuilding, that term is used for teams that are lotto bound and dumping expensive veterans and not expecting to win.

The Lakers are also not a 'crappy' team until they spend months under .500 and appear headed to the lotto, they also have to introduce new players and a new system. If they are not rebuilding by replacing half their rotation then Boston certainly isn't either.

Pierce quit on the team last year... let's hope this really is his inability to understand the defintion of these terms he throws out and not his planting thr seeds to jump off the bandwagon... again.

Just saying 'yeah I guess I was wrong, the word 'rebuilding isn't appropriate here' is an impossible statement for him to make. He will just spin off in a million directions of weak explanation. Says a lot about the guy as a man.

[/QUOTE]

How did Pierce quit on the team?  He played hurt and outplayed everyone opposite of him in the playoffs except Lebron.  Who outplays Lebron?

[/QUOTE]

Fierce.... sorry...hahaha... Fierce the poster quit on the '12 Celtics... Pierce the player did not;-)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce.... sorry...hahaha... Fierce the poster quit on the '12 Celtics... Pierce the player did not;-)

[/QUOTE]

Again I wasn't really paying attention.  Imagine that.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

rame

Are you really that dumb?

What part of subpar don't you understand?

Crappy is synonymous to subpar.

[/QUOTE]

and you are aware that 'par' in the NBA is 41-41 right???

are you going to predict that LA is going to be 'subpar' this year or are you just going to keep calling me dumb (hey isn't that what Kobe does?) when I CORRECTLY point out all the things that are wrong with your posts regarding 'crappy' and 'rebuilt'

[/QUOTE]

Why is there a need for you to make me think like you? I mean can't I be allowed to call the Lakers a crappy team? 

So what if you don't believe they are crappy!

The Lakers are underachieving big time! That's crappy!

Seriously, why is there a need for you to make me think like you? Are you from Syria or Iran?

[/QUOTE]

Oh now we are going to play the 'he is trying to force me to think like him' card? hahaha

I think LA is playing crappy right now too...

If you repeatedly stuff that term and say it means 'subpar' down my throat I will tell you that 'subpar' means an under .500 team and ask if that is what you predict.

Your inability to answer that question is very telling. I am asking you to say if you think LA will be crappy all year. So when they are a 51-31 team losing to the Spurs or Thunder in round 2 will they still be 'crappy'.

Because based on your defintion of that word they WILL NOT BE. They will just be a top 10 team that underachieved based on a bunch of unwarrented summer hype... that posters like you and I were smart enough to see wasn't justified. But that doesn't make them 'crappy'

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I agree! DA did rebuild the C's roster for the future. He accomplished this feat, while keeping the starting lineup from last year (AB was the starter at the end of the seaon) in tact! 

Prediction - the light will come on for JG about the same time AB returns to the line-up! This will result in a great run for the C's catapulting them to the upper tier of playoff bound teams!!

Go Celtics!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree! DA did rebuild the C's roster for the future. He accomplished this feat, while keeping the starting lineup from last year (AB was the starter at the end of the seaon) in tact! 

Prediction - the light will come on for JG about the same time AB returns to the line-up! This will result in a great run for the C's catapulting them to the upper tier of playoff bound teams!!

Go Celtics!

[/QUOTE]
    You make an excellent point what has come to me watching these last three games is that  Pierce and Garnett are going to able to only be effective in spurts.  Pierce killed them in many games last year with his errant shots and turnovers trying to get looks he no  longer can get as easily. Garnett looks tired and he did last year but if he can come came back like last year it will change everything for the positive.  

The questions however remains as you say can they get AB, Green, Sullinger, Lee, and Terry to contribute to make up for the spurts  that Garnett and Pierce cannot provide consistently over a whole game?

You have guys like Terry who averaged 16 points a game for the last few years. If he can't get numbers like that here we will be in trouble. Lee averaged 11 points is he going to get that kind of production? Is Green going to get 12 to 14 points a night?  The question is really unknown and it is easy to see that Pierce and to a lesser extent Garnett make it so these guys are going to get less good opportunities.  In a perfect world we have a great 10 guys and are stronger than ever but Pierce despite his  dagger like shots has not been a reliable performer.  He can come out and get us the lead as he did in the opening of the Miami game and than kill us the rest of the game.

I really thought the lack of another big man was the problem and still do but the lack of defined roles with all the good new players is going to kill this team unless it can be worked out. Much like the hated and frontrunning new Lakers. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Rebuilding is not the proper words 'cause

These players are OLD DUDES since I can remember them playing in NBA in ages: GARNET - PIERCE - TERRY - LEE - DARCO - BASS - WILCOX - BARBOSA - COLLINS. Darn, even Rondo, bradley and Green are starting to age in NBA.

Rookies like Sullinger - Kris Joseph - Melo are the only addition - and only one rook will make it which is Sullinger. Hardly a rebuilding process.

So, why call this a rebuilding? A month ago, you are calling it  a winning group.

The sub-performance are now called 'REBUILDING" process? Subtraction and addition might be the best solution if the sub-par performance continue.....but i will not call it rebuilding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Go Celtics!

[/QUOTE]
    You make an excellent point what has come to me watching these last three games is that  Pierce and Garnett are going to able to only be effective in spurts.  Pierce killed them in many games last year with his errant shots and turnovers trying to get looks he no  longer can get as easily. Garnett looks tired and he did last year but if he can come came back like last year it will change everything for the positive.  

The questions however remains as you say can they get AB, Green, Sullinger, Lee, and Terry to contribute to make up for the spurts  that Garnett and Pierce cannot provide consistently over a whole game?

You have guys like Terry who averaged 16 points a game for the last few years. If he can't get numbers like that here we will be in trouble. Lee averaged 11 points is he going to get that kind of production? Is Green going to get 12 to 14 points a night?  The question is really unknown and it is easy to see that Pierce and to a lesser extent Garnett make it so these guys are going to get less good opportunities.  In a perfect world we have a great 10 guys and are stronger than ever but Pierce despite his  dagger like shots has not been a reliable performer.  He can come out and get us the lead as he did in the opening of the Miami game and than kill us the rest of the game.

I really thought the lack of another big man was the problem and still do but the lack of defined roles with all the good new players is going to kill this team unless it can be worked out. Much like the hated and frontrunning new Lakers. 

[/QUOTE]

Great points! On the topic of JG, the Cs need him to develop into a lead by example type of player, e.g. KG. They need him to be more vocal, play tougher D, set better picks, and score at a more consistent pace!

It is just a matter of time before JG's light illuminates! When it does, the C's will be a true title contender. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

rame

A few months ago you really wanted Varejao. After seeing Darko in the preseason, you said no need for Varejao anymore. Now, you want Varejao again. That's flip-flopping, right?

Also, Moultrie is making you look like poultry right now.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, you always know who ends up with egg on their face and 'wrong' in the current debate when they start bringing things up from the past. And of course you do it in misleading pointless ways.

I never said Moultrie was going to have a great/impactful rookie year... esp AFTER the 6ers loaded up on their frontcourt. I said he was more pro-ready than Melo and was a PF-stretch 5 good rebounder with a mediocre outside shot after YOU said he was redundant with Jeff Green, 100% false, Green is more SF than PF, a good shhoter and poor rebounder. They are not the same player at all. Danny gambled on Melo over a guy like Moultrie but it had little to do with the presence of Jeff Green, as you claimed.

As for Varejao, I said the need for him would be lessoned IF IF IF Darko was putting up 12-14 minutes of rim protecting defense with like 5 rebounds and a block per game. Has that happened yet Fierce????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It's not about records.

The Lakers have a clown instead of a coach.

The Lakers don't have spot up shooters to complement their big men.

The Lakers have 6 players 32 years old or older.

The Lakers have no transition defense because they're slow.

The Lakers have a weak bench.

THAT'S A CRAPPY TEAM RIGHT THERE!

[/QUOTE]

umm when you talk predictions it is about records.

Right now they are playing crappy, agreed. they have a bad coach and many flaws/injuries, agreed. But, they could play crappy sub .500 ball for 2 months and still gets the 4-6 seed in the playoffs and go to the 2nd rd or WCF... agree?

Aand once they do they are no longer crappy. Do you understand? 'Par' in the NBA is a 41-41 record. 'Supar' is under .500 and in the lotto. Do you get that?

So call them 'crappy' IN THE PRESENT all you want... as long as they are playing that way.... but hiding away from any prediction of how their season will end.... while maintaining that they will be crappy alll year, is hypocritical and cowardly.

Be a man, make a stand, and say you think they will end the season in the lottery.

Otherwise you can't be taken seriously if you predict they will be a 'crappy' team this SEASON... unless its also your prediction that they end up in the lotto and out of the playoffs.

Not hard to understand, I don't get why you are being such a puss about it. I say LA will be like 51-31 and the 4-6 seed in the playoffs. I said similar (52-56 W'S, 3 seed) before they went 0-12. At worst they will be a 46-49 win 7 or 8 seed. WHAT IS YOUR PREDICTION????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rebuilding is not the proper words 'cause

These players are OLD DUDES since I can remember them playing in NBA in ages: GARNET - PIERCE - TERRY - LEE - DARCO - BASS - WILCOX - BARBOSA - COLLINS. Darn, even Rondo, bradley and Green are starting to age in NBA.

Rookies like Sullinger - Kris Joseph - Melo are the only addition - and only one rook will make it which is Sullinger. Hardly a rebuilding process.

So, why call this a rebuilding? A month ago, you are calling it  a winning group.

The sub-performance are now called 'REBUILDING" process? Subtraction and addition might be the best solution if the sub-par performance continue.....but i will not call it rebuilding.

[/QUOTE]

BOOM!

100% CORRECT

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Rebuilding?  More like the C's retooled in my view. This bench i see is better than the 86 Celtics. No panic here after 10 -15 games you may really like this team. I like this team rght now. Go C's

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts