Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

I say if they are above .500 at mid season, they are retooling, if below .500, they are rebuilding..lol...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

rame

A few months ago you really wanted Varejao. After seeing Darko in the preseason, you said no need for Varejao anymore. Now, you want Varejao again. That's flip-flopping, right?

Also, Moultrie is making you look like poultry right now.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, you always know who ends up with egg on their face and 'wrong' in the current debate when they start bringing things up from the past. And of course you do it in misleading pointless ways.

I never said Moultrie was going to have a great/impactful rookie year... esp AFTER the 6ers loaded up on their frontcourt. I said he was more pro-ready than Melo and was a PF-stretch 5 good rebounder with a mediocre outside shot after YOU said he was redundant with Jeff Green, 100% false, Green is more SF than PF, a good shhoter and poor rebounder. They are not the same player at all. Danny gambled on Melo over a guy like Moultrie but it had little to do with the presence of Jeff Green, as you claimed.

As for Varejao, I said the need for him would be lessoned IF IF IF Darko was putting up 12-14 minutes of rim protecting defense with like 5 rebounds and a block per game. Has that happened yet Fierce????

[/QUOTE]

Excuses?

You said we will find out once the regular season starts. Now you're saying the Sixers frontcourt is loaded?

If, if, and if? More excuses?

I mean you're the one who has 2 eggs on his face. 

What you are in the past is what you are today. Nothing's changed. You don't want me bringing up the past because it exposes how wrong you were?

So the Celts had an 11-point lead in the 2nd half of Game 7 against the Heat?

You're not even man enough to man up to your mistakes. Every time your mistake is pointed out, you say it's nit-picking. Man up!

[/QUOTE]

I admitted I didn't go back and check when we had an 11 point lead, I had just read that obviosu error of a quote in some NBA preview and used it in a post. It is 100% pathetic nit-picking on your part. The POINT is that we had a lead in game 7 of the ECF... and were up 3-2... and you start a thread about rebuilding and having no shot at beating the Heat until Wade  was 33. Ugh!

and yeah once Moultrie gets some playing time we'll find out if his style of play is more Ibaka/Bosh or Green... again, I never predicted he'd be a big minute contributor as a rookie... I just liked his upside over Melo's and was clearly correct on his skills being more stretch 5 than SF based on his play in college, but you chose to fight STATS tooth and nail... oh well. He was a great rebounder mediocre shooter and is 6'11" not much like Jeff Green AT ALL.

Seriously, who cares about the times I showed you up in the past. Only a guy who is losing his grasp on his current arguments pulls things from months ago to try (and not very well i might add) discredit someone who is punching you around the ring right now. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Are you crazy? This is not golf!

Since when did par become 41-41?

You make the rules now?

Let me post the definition of crappy again.

Crappy - Crappy is also used a great deal when voicing your opinion on sub-par and shoddy things;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crappy

You want the definition of shoddy things too?

My prediction of the Lakers is they will not end up like what the trolls said. The Lakers will not be #1 in the west and they will not make it to the Finals. Get it?

Are you upset? You seem like you are yelling. You are obviously confused about a lot of things. Why are you unable to predict around how many wins you think LA will have and how far they go in the playoffs like I did?? Is it that hard to make a perseason prediction or is it obvious that LA will in fact make the playoffs and for you to admit this will make your 'crappy' prediction false? 

Subpar is a term derived from golf... a professional golfer has what is considered an average handicap if he always makes par. It is the starting point to determine which golfers are doing well and which are not. Subpar or worse than par golfers never win, just like teams that don't go .500, the 'average' in the NBA will (almost) never make the playoffs.

Pretty easy analogy to understand... and you brought up the term. You are welcome to define 'shoddy' as well... it won't be a term used to describe a 50 win 2nd rd playoff team that for sure.

So you refuse to predict anything other than La won't be the #1 seed that makes it out of the west. So they can be a 2 seed and fall in game 7 to someone... and you can escape with having given that situation a chance of happening.

Is that a 'crappy' team fierce?  a 2 seed that goes to the west finals?

What about my prediction? Say a 4 seed (Boston in '10 and '12) 2nd rd team (Boston in '09 and '11)??? Is that a 'crappy' team??

C'mon... at what point does LA became 'crappy' by the end of the year... b/c that is where your prediction for their season outcome should be right now. Is it lotto? Is it a 7-8 seed but b/c expectations were so high you'd feel justified calling them crappy? Anything better than that is NOT a crappy team. so since you throw that term around so freely to describe what they WILL BE and ARE, and not just 'how they are playing now'... why are you so afraid to make a prediction?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I admitted I didn't go back and check when we had an 11 point lead, I had just read that obviosu error of a quote in some NBA preview and used it in a post. It is 100% pathetic nit-picking on your part. The POINT is that we had a lead in game 7 of the ECF... and were up 3-2... and you start a thread about rebuilding and having no shot at beating the Heat until Wade  was 33. Ugh!

and yeah once Moultrie gets some playing time we'll find out if his style of play is more Ibaka/Bosh or Green... again, I never predicted he'd be a big minute contributor as a rookie... I just liked his upside over Melo's and was clearly correct on his skills being more stretch 5 than SF based on his play in college, but you chose to fight STATS tooth and nail... oh well. He was a great rebounder mediocre shooter and is 6'11" not much like Jeff Green AT ALL.

Seriously, who cares about the times I showed you up in the past. Only a guy who is losing his grasp on his current arguments pulls things from months ago to try (and not very well i might add) discredit someone who is punching you around the ring right now. 

[/QUOTE]

You punching me around the ring right now? Are you high on drugs?

I'm showing you your past so that you'll be reminded of the many times you ended up being wrong.

Jason Thompson or Ersan Ilyasova became Celtics?

Right now you're saying the Lakers are playing crappy. But I can't say the Lakers are a crappy team?

Why don't you punch yourself out.

Here:

"I admitted I didn't go back and check when we had an 11 point lead,"

When I point out your mistakes it's nit-picking?

You say the Lakers are crappy and you tell me that me saying the Lakers are crappy is wrong. That's not nit-picking, that's you being a nitwit!

[/QUOTE]

You seem very emotionally unstable tonight.

Please tell me your prediction for final Laker wins/playoff round... what en dof season result makes them a 'crappy' team. We obv. both feel they are crappy NOW... only you feel they will be 'crappy' all season.

and yes anytime someone says '2nd half' when it was actually 3:00 left in the 2nd quarter and instantly admitted the error, while it does little to change his point, its no big deal.

It is the point I was making that has you all worked up. That this is a negative quitters thread that misuses the word 'rebuild'.

Have the Celtics traded Rondo for Gasol yet? Why even bother saying such juvenile comments on the past? People make trade and signing speculation all the time... just b/c I don't care that I may be wrong and suggest a multitude of names knowing almost none will become Celtics doens't mean I don't know a lot about the team and sport.

I certainly know more than enough to beat you in almost every argument we have when I choose to put my foot down on something... such as the C's are not rebuilding (obv. true the goal is to beat the heat), by April the Lakers will NOT be crappy (good odds they make the playoff I think), Jeff Green and Arnette Moultrie are NOT redundant players (proven by stats up to this point in their careers) and so on..  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree! DA did rebuild the C's roster for the future. He accomplished this feat, while keeping the starting lineup from last year (AB was the starter at the end of the seaon) in tact! 

Prediction - the light will come on for JG about the same time AB returns to the line-up! This will result in a great run for the C's catapulting them to the upper tier of playoff bound teams!!

Go Celtics!

You see that, rame?

Some here think Ainge did a rebuild.

It's only in your punched out world that when you say you're rebuilding it automatically means you can't make the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The way that poster phrased his comment was different from yours. You said that people shouldn't expect us to get past the 2nd round or beat the heat until Wade is 33. That says we 'rebuilt the roster' while also planning on 'winning now'

apples and oranges

Also you spent the summer talking up all the dominant aspects of this roster and how it will be better than the team that had a double digit lead (in the first half hehe) of game 7 of the ECF... then 3 games into the season you start backing away slowly and saying its a rebuilding job. Pitiful.

I don't like this new format at all but it is better than it was 3-4 weeks ago. The only thing missing now are the ignore button and the ability to start polls. i have made my peace with the fact that I must ignore trolls on my own and BDC will NEVER do their jobs... so I ended my September hiatus WEEKS ago.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Its a free discussion board... go ahead and say the Lakers are a 'crappy' team. I will ask you why you feel that when and when you can't answer me I will consider that an answer in itself.

How many wins do you feel it takes for a team to NOt be crappy? 43? 45? 47?

How many wins do you think the Lakers will have?

How far does a team get to advance in the playoffs before you say it is not crappy? Just making it there? round 2?

How far do you predict LA will go... just saying you don't think they will make the finals is FAR too vague a response to a VERY specific question (that I gave my prediction to). Certianly vague enough to allow you to refuse to answer my other questions about what final result makes a team crappy or not.

Really strange that you can't answer simple questions and instead try desperately to spin the conversation to completely different topics from months in the past...

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm emotional? Who's talking about punching?

When Fierce says the Lakers are crappy it's wrong. But when rame says the Lakers are crappy it's ok?

Who are you trying to fool, rame?

I mean show the post where I said the Lakers will be a crappy team forever. All I said and kept saying is the Lakers are a crappy team.

Is there a difference when I say crappy and you say crappy?

And you talk about punching?

[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about punching? Oh you mean my lighthearted 'jab' about how I am winning this argument the same way a boxer punches a guy all over the ring. It is a metaphor said with a smile.

Youa re the one working yourself into a frenzy and acting unstable. Why are you so upset?

I never said it was ok for me to call LA crappy and not you. why can't you follow the simple coversation. We BOTH say they are crappy NOW. You say they will remain so all year.

I say ... really? LA will be a 'crappy' team in April... so you must predict they will not make the playoffs, or at least be a sub-50 win club bounced in round 1 right?

Then you refuse to say id that is what you predict and spin in circles....

Is that what you predict Fierce? Please tell us where you see LA in total wins and final playoff round???

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Like I said, I don't care about the Lakers and their record!

If you care so much about the Lakers then go the LA Times!

Again, the Lakers are a CRAPPY team. Deal with it!

Deal with it??? I am LOVING it. They sure are crappy right now.

So is it your prediction that they will be crappy in May?

You really don't care about what their record will be or how they will do later in the season? you just care about them being bad now? But the C's are 1-2 and I put little meaning on how they are playing now and can't wait to see how good they are in Dec and then how much better they will be from Dec by March.

So you are on the record as saying what happens later in the season doesn't concern you and all you care about is that you can gloat that they are 'crappy' in november right?

so we are on the same page. I think they are crappy now. You think they are crappy now. I predicted 51-31 and a rd 2 playoff exit. You predicted 'something' less than the #1 seed and the NBA finals... so basically any win total between 15-55 and any finish between worst and #28... correct?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

I already said the Lakers will not be #1 in the west and there will be no Lebron vs. Kobe in the Finals. How many more times must I repeat that?

[/QUOTE]

So wait... do you also feel that they will be 'crappy' all season? cuz you have left it open for them to be even a 50+ win 2nd rd playoff team... that is NOT a crappy team.

So you are saying they could have the #1 pick in the lotto or be the #2 seed in the West and lose in game 7 of the West finals. Way to go out on a limb there Fierce... again, why do you refuse to answer that question.

Go to the LA Times? no Celtic fan here talks more Lakers, starts more threads about the Lakers and wastes more times fighting with Laker trolls than you do fierce. How hypocritical. why are you hiding from a simple prediction question?

Stop saying I think its ok for me to say LA is crappy and you can't. It shows you cannot comprehend the VERY simple questions.

#1 - what do you predict in finals wins and when will LA's season end.

#1 - Based on that prediction do you think they end the season as a crappy team? Yes or No.?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I said, I don't care about the Lakers and their record!

If you care so much about the Lakers then go the LA Times!

Again, the Lakers are a CRAPPY team. Deal with it!

Deal with it??? I am LOVING it. They sure are crappy right now.

So is it your prediction that they will be crappy in May?

You really don't care about what their record will be or how they will do later in the season? you just care about them being bad now? But the C's are 1-2 and I put little meaning on how they are playing now and can't wait to see how good they are in Dec and then how much better they will be from Dec by March.

So you are on the record as saying what happens later in the season doesn't concern you and all you care about is that you can gloat that they are 'crappy' in november right?

so we are on the same page. I think they are crappy now. You think they are crappy now. I predicted 51-31 and a rd 2 playoff exit. You predicted 'something' less than the #1 seed and the NBA finals... so basically any win total between 15-55 and any finish between worst and draft pick 28... correct?

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Here is the thing Fierce:

1. If you think LA's flaws are here to stay and so bad that they will land this team in the lotto... or even (and I'm going out on a limb here) a humiliating 1st round playoff exit... then by all means say they are and will be a 'crappy' team, I guess with all the media attention they get and star power they have a 1st rd exit would make them crappy even if most teams in the lotto would love to have made it to the playoffs.

2. but... if you feel they are going to find a way to win 50 games and get to the 2nd rd of the playoff, while that is not where the 'experts' put them... it doesn't make them crappy. No team that wins 5 of 8 games and makes it to the final 8 teams in the sport is crappy.

So what is it Fierce?? 

Please tell us, why are you running and hiding from this simple question in such bizarre fashion?

25. This post has been removed.