8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Basketball analysts don't even have the Celtics winning the Atlantic Division!

The Celts' Big 3 era has ended.

This season the Celts are trying to rebuild and win at the same time. I don't know if it's possible, but Ainge did a good job making the Celts a younger and more athletic team.

When Wade will be 33 years old and Bosh 31 years old, 3 years from now, that's the time I expect this Rondo led Celtics team to be contenders again. Right now the Celts are still very good. But I don't know if the Celts can beat Lebron in a 7-game series when Lebron is at his prime.

Most probably the Celts are going to be in the 2nd round of the playoffs again. But May is still 6 months away. A lot can still happen. We don't even know if Ainge will keep this current Celts team together or he will make changes at the trade deadline.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy with the current Celts team, even if they are struggling. This kind of Celtics basketball is better than the one when everybody was waiting for Ray to get open until the shot-clock expired.

Already making EXCUSES!! Right on cue!

ROTFLMAO!!!

poor bloggety. only oneteam has ever started 0-3 and won a title. Not good odds for your poor Lakers. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Re: Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

The Celtics retooled in 2010 when they added Sheed and Quis.

This season is different. While the Celts are not a rebuilding team like the Hornets or Bobcats, the Celts were rebuilding the team in the offseason. And if they make another big trad on or before the trade deadline, then the rebuilding continues.

Again, Ainge is trying to rebuild on the fly. It's still rebuilding.

I guess, using your version of the term "rebuilding", someone could make an argument that the Heats, with the additions of Ray and Rashard Lewis, that they are also rebuilding.  haha 

No offense, but what I think is happening here, with this thread, is a prime example of some of us trying to come to terms with realizing our favorite team is not as good as we might have hope for. And that we are now a little to embarrass to come right out and admit that we were wrong about certain bold predictions, we so confindently made, in regards to how certain new players would vastly improve the team and fill the void cause by certain players leaving the team. 

So instead of admitting we are pretenders and not true contenders, like a politition, we can spin it a little and say retool or rebuild, just in case the team comes around... That way, we can be right regardless of how the team performs.  If our team suxs, we can say:"Well, I did say we were rebuilding." Or if it turns out the team does well, we can say: "See I told you our rebuilding was really just a retooling, that's what I meant. I was right all along."

Great strategy, I think I am actaully going to use it myself...hehe.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts