Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Let's Not Forget This is A Rebuilding Year

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds pretty pathetic 3 games in Fierce

Improvements at EVERY position from a team leading the East finals 3-2 and then by 11 2nd half of game 7...

and now you are already off the bandwagon... dissapointing

[/QUOTE]

a whoo a whaaaat rama??

where's our center?

the only guy who is playing over his head is sullinger. 

the team is putting up numbers like they've never seen each other before and too many of them have

if we HAVE improved at every position then when is our rebounding going to improve? :-O

green ripping down 2 boards a night

we lost blocked shots in steamer and darko will not match that if he even ever plays.  still kg alone in the middle unless sullinger can do it with mirrors with a ground bound game like davis did.  davis did not have a prior back injury though...

we shall see.  but we did NOT improve at every position if rondo is still clocking 40 a night and sullinger is your only back up 5

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is the thing Fierce:

1. If you think LA's flaws are here to stay and so bad that they will land this team in the lotto... or even (and I'm going out on a limb here) a humiliating 1st round playoff exit... then by all means say they are and will be a 'crappy' team, I guess with all the media attention they get and star power they have a 1st rd exit would make them crappy even if most teams in the lotto would love to have made it to the playoffs.

2. but... if you feel they are going to find a way to win 50 games and get to the 2nd rd of the playoff, while that is not where the 'experts' put them... it doesn't make them crappy. No team that wins 5 of 8 games and makes it to the final 8 teams in the sport is crappy.

So what is it Fierce?? 

Please tell us, why are you running and hiding from this simple question in such bizarre fashion?

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, if you want to talk Lakers, go to the LA Times.

Am I really obligated to make assumptions or predictions about the Lakers? Are you nuts?

I'll answer your question if you can prove that I said the Lakers will be crappy until May.

So show proof that I said the Lakers will be crappy until May.

You're the one who's changing the subject. I mean this thread is about how Ainge rebuilt this team last summer and will continue to rebuild it until the trade deadline. And now you're turning this into a Laker thread?

Are you really 31 years old? I'm asking because your overall IQ, not just basketball IQ, seems to be subpar.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a pathetic childish personal attack... pretty small and petty even for your Fierce

If you are too scared to post a legit end of the season prediction for LA in W's and how far they advance then I guess there is nothing more to talk about. I can see why you would hide from this b/c it pretty much makes all your juvenile name-calling and sad little fights with the trolls irrelevant if you actually have them as a 2nd rd or West finals team while insisting on calling them 'crappy' right now.

and no, you probably never specifically said they will be crappy 'in May'... But you talk as if that is what they are as a team for the long run this entire season. That is simply not going to be true, they are just crappy at the moment, it can only be true if your prediction is also that they are going to end up in the lotto or even being like a 47 win team that loses in rd 1. but you are not man enough to tell us if you feel that way.

Thats a bizarre personal decision that is obviously just being made so you can not look wrong come May and can continue your silly little fights with the LA trolls all Fall. Yet I, the guy who ignores trolls, am the one who should go to the LA Times. Ha! What a hypocrite you are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sounds pretty pathetic 3 games in Fierce

Improvements at EVERY position from a team leading the East finals 3-2 and then by 11 2nd half of game 7...

and now you are already off the bandwagon... dissapointing

[/QUOTE]

a whoo a whaaaat rama??

where's our center?

the only guy who is playing over his head is sullinger. 

the team is putting up numbers like they've never seen each other before and too many of them have

if we HAVE improved at every position then when is our rebounding going to improve? :-O

green ripping down 2 boards a night

we lost blocked shots in steamer and darko will not match that if he even ever plays.  still kg alone in the middle unless sullinger can do it with mirrors with a ground bound game like davis did.  davis did not have a prior back injury though...

we shall see.  but we did NOT improve at every position if rondo is still clocking 40 a night and sullinger is your only back up 5

[/QUOTE]

Based on career stats Darko is better than Steamer and Terry is better than Dooling

I guess this season could reverse those trends and we could see Greg, a guy we all wished was still on this team, become a much superior player to Darko. We shall see, it is only 3 games in.

But yes at the moment we are having backup PG issues and Darko/Wilcox are not giving us anything at the backup 5 close to what er expected.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I didn't have the Celtics getting Thompson or Ilysova... I didn't make any predictions actually, I just created scenario's where we had 8-9 million in cap space and those were two of a list of ten names I threw out there as options in the 4/30 range of contracts that could improve our frontcourt.

I predicted the contracts they both got pretty spot on.

Anyhow, that was all going on an idea that we'd get Green back for about 1 year and 5-6 million and KG for around 8, creating cap space... they both got a lot more money. The more logical idea that I mentioned WAY more than creating a small amount of cap space was the one where we got Green, Bass, KG and Ray back all while using the full MLE. That almost happened ( minus Ray) and was what I assumed the likely plan was, not going after a FA like JT/Ilyasova.

Anyhow, your personal attack was not called for and your follow-up to it even moe childish. I don't sit here and say I am smarter than anyone else... unless it be someone who is clearly not a C's fan but a negative antagonist like Pud, rico or run.

But I'll take my track record of 6 years and almost 15,000 uninterrupted (by being banned) posts against you anyday fierce. I'm not here to compare johnson's with you, but I'm confident in my intelligence on the league and C's in general and take a small bit of satifaction in knowing I almost always win these little squabbles you and i have;-) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If the Lakers are not crappy anymore then I will stop calling them crappy. But right now they are crappy.

Good enough for me, that was my main point, I tried to drag it out of you with an actual prediction of where they will end up this year b/c I was a man and able to put mine out on the table... but despite all the Laker garbage you post CONSTANTLY on a bostonforum a simple W-L final result prediction is something you are too afraid to give at this time... strange.

LA is crappy, keep calling them that until they are not. Your refusal to say just how you think their season ends speaks volume's about how worried you really are about them and how you likely feel they will be quite good come April/May... so have your fun while you can:-)

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If the Lakers are not crappy anymore then I will stop calling them crappy. But right now they are crappy.

Good enough for me, that was my main point, I tried to drag it out of you with an actual prediction of where they will end up this year b/c I was a man and able to put mine out on the table... but despite all the Laker garbage you post CONSTANTLY on a bostonforum a simple W-L final result prediction is something you are too afraid to give at this time... strange.

LA is crappy, keep calling them that until they are not. Your refusal to say just how you think their season ends speaks volume's about how worried you really are about them and how you likely feel they will be quite good come April/May... so have your fun while you can:-)

[/QUOTE]

Good enough for you? That's your spin?

Like I said, you're trying to weasel your way out because I never said the Lakers will be crappy in April or May.

How worried I am about the Lakers?

I already told you my prediction about the Lakers. Didn't I tell you the Lakers would not be #1 in the west and they will not make it to the Finals?

Are you having memory problems too?

I already said the Lakers will not make it to the Finals and will not be the #1 team in the west. Is that so difficult to understand?

[/QUOTE]

Your prediction lacked the the substance I asked of you, I understand completely your motive for being vague...

If you remain incapable of a simple W-L 'how far do you think will they go' prediction, and claim they could be anything from a lotto team to a 2 seed that loses in the west finals, you are simply giving yourself the ability to call them 'crappy' for as long as possible, your favorite childish thing to do... and not being man enough to put your current thoughts on the line about their ceiling as I did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I didn't have the Celtics getting Thompson or Ilysova... I didn't make any predictions actually, I just created scenario's where we had 8-9 million in cap space and those were two of a list of ten names I threw out there as options in the 4/30 range of contracts that could improve our frontcourt.

I predicted the contracts they both got pretty spot on.

Anyhow, that was all going on an idea that we'd get Green back for about 1 year and 5-6 million and KG for around 8, creating cap space... they both got a lot more money. The more logical idea that I mentioned WAY more than creating a small amount of cap space was the one where we got Green, Bass, KG and Ray back all while using the full MLE. That almost happened ( minus Ray) and was what I assumed the likely plan was, not going after a FA like JT/Ilyasova.

Anyhow, your personal attack was not called for and your follow-up to it even moe childish. I don't sit here and say I am smarter than anyone else... unless it be someone who is clearly not a C's fan but a negative antagonist like Pud, rico or run.

But I'll take my track record of 6 years and almost 15,000 uninterrupted (by being banned) posts against you anyday fierce. I'm not here to compare johnson's with you, but I'm confident in my intelligence on the league and C's in general and take a small bit of satifaction in knowing I almost always win these little squabbles you and i have;-) 

[/QUOTE]

You're making excuses again?

Yeah, you said the Celts had 8-9m in cap space that could be used for Ilyasova or Thompson. But your scenario didn't pan out. Just like you're making excuses for Moultrie when you criticized Ainge for getting Melo instead of Moultrie.

When your blunders are pointed out, you say it's nit-picking. 

Personal attacks? It's not a personal attack if it's the truth. I mean it's true that you're not so bright. And it's also true you don't behave like a 30-year old. 

You know what, you're a crappy poster. I'm being honest.

[/QUOTE]

Nah kid, I said the Celtics could have some cap space... but not enough for a real difference maker... so if they DID create such space then 'here is a list of middle of the road FA's they could go after that would help'... that list included my fav choices of Thompson or Illysova.

I maintained all along that they likely would NOT do that and even though I'd take either Thompson or Ilyasova over Bass or Green... we couldn't keep BOTH Green and Ray (obv. he left) and add a player like that... so Ainge was most likely going with the no cap space route

but thanks for trying in your typical pathetic way to discredit me b/c I was thinking and commenting about all possible scenario's in the fun way this forum is provided for fans to do while you are clearly too scared to even predict a win total for LA right now...probably b/c you exist here to engage in petty personal attacks with trolls and guys like me who are willing to cal you out and of course you try your hardest and not 'be wrong' about anything, so you don't participate in what I consider is a fun part of being a fan.

Sad... glad I am me and not you:-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

"Anyhow, that was all going on an idea that we'd get Green back for about 1 year and 5-6 million and KG for around 8, creating cap space..."

That's what I mean, your track record is crappy!

Green got 9m per year.

KG got 10m per year.

So your idea/prediction was off.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha

I said 'If KG and Green take less money then we'd have a shot at some cap space and could go in that direction... but if they start looking for market value money (i actually said KG was worth more like 12-15 a year for 2 years) then that possibility has no chance of happening'

My track record is to lucidly and realistically discuss a broad range of possibilities when it comes to being an armchair GM... your track record is to pathetically nit-pick someone's 'idea' months after it doesn't happen, usually in a way that is completely taken ot of context... and then relentlessly bully and personally attack that poster about something from WAY in the past..

this happens when that poster is making you look foolish in the present, like I am now as you flip-flop about the direction of this team and start to slowly remove yourself from the C's bandwagon with this lame 'rebuilding' thread... or how your continued use of the word 'crappy' in regards to the Lakers is likely to blow up in your face sometime in 2013, even if they sure do look crappy right now... all while you refuse to make a serious prediction about LA beyond 'they will not make the finals' b/c you know if you predict they are playing in at least rd 2 of the playoffs or win 50+ games that is 100% NOT a 'crappy' team.

Hahaha, such a twisted little game you play on an online sports forum fierce... but it does keep me amused:-)

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

rame

One thing's for sure, your prediction of the Lakers winning 51 games this season will be incorrect. That's a guarantee!

Wanna bet on it?

[/QUOTE]

read my post in the thread about trading sully for my opinion on making 'bets' on predictions I make for fun with a poster who clearly want to use them to hold over the heads of those who are wrong and attack them like the bully you are.

Your continued reference for my boxing metaphor, where I compare my continued winning of arguments with you on this thread to a boxer 'punching someone all over the ring' is also amusing. Like that was meant as some kind of physical threat to you? Jeez, and you are trying your hardest to claim you are smarter than me with stuff like that? Hehe

My track record is pretty solid next to your thank you very much;-)

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It is pretty pathetic that you think a person having a solid track record on this forum is all about predictions coming true or not... as you cowardly hide away from making anything more than vague predictions of your own and then keep track of everytime someone else may or may not have been 'wrong' so you can bully them when all they usually were doing was talkign the C's and sharing opinions.

There are no judges of course... I just see one person willing to ask questions, explain themselves in a realistic intelligent way, and look to have interesting and fun discussions with fellow fans.

While I see another poster intent only on creating a black and white sceanrio where one person is 'winning' and if that person is you all you will do is attack, smear, laugh at and bully the 'loser'.. it is sad.

Simply by being the better and more mature person and using this forum the way it is meant to be used I am solidifying my superior track record to yours here Fierce... but you don't even get how terrible you come across and never will. I pity you.

Until next time:-) 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Basketball analysts don't even have the Celtics winning the Atlantic Division!

The Celts' Big 3 era has ended.

This season the Celts are trying to rebuild and win at the same time. I don't know if it's possible, but Ainge did a good job making the Celts a younger and more athletic team.

When Wade will be 33 years old and Bosh 31 years old, 3 years from now, that's the time I expect this Rondo led Celtics team to be contenders again. Right now the Celts are still very good. But I don't know if the Celts can beat Lebron in a 7-game series when Lebron is at his prime.

Most probably the Celts are going to be in the 2nd round of the playoffs again. But May is still 6 months away. A lot can still happen. We don't even know if Ainge will keep this current Celts team together or he will make changes at the trade deadline.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy with the current Celts team, even if they are struggling. This kind of Celtics basketball is better than the one when everybody was waiting for Ray to get open until the shot-clock expired.

[/QUOTE]

Already making EXCUSES!! Right on cue!

ROTFLMAO!!!

[/QUOTE]

poor bloggety. only oneteam has ever started 0-3 and won a title. Not good odds for your poor Lakers. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In the NBA the term 'rebuilding' only refers to lotto clubs like the Hornets and Bobcats, not contenders who happened to have lots of roster turnover, esp when they made it clear they wanted to keep Ray and pay double for him, not part with him in a salary dump as a 'rebuilding' club would have done.

Sorry fierce, but posting the same incorrect use of the word after 2 weeks of ignoring the topic doesn't change what the term means when it comes to the sport. The Celtics are nor yet rebuilding, not with Pierce, KG, Rondo and Terry still around and title hopes still held. 

Sections
Shortcuts