Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals...

In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals...:
    [QUOTE]Considering LA was on the wrong end of the the worst finals collapse ever I am surprised they even bother bringing up winning by barely 4 points after Thugtess and Bynuts took out Perkins in Game 6..................
    Posted by CelitcsFoo[/QUOTE]

So your saying that losing big time in a game 6 was worse than being up 3-2 then absolutely imploding with a 13 point lead late in game 7? I think you got your "collapses" mixed up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : So your saying that losing big time in a game 6 was worse than being up 3-2 then absolutely imploding with a 13 point lead late in game 7? I think you got your "collapses" mixed up.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!  I don't know about the word collapse - but a gluteus-kicking loss and totally embarassing yourselves is much worse than HAVING a lead in the 4th quarter, and then losing, powerless to stop the parade to the FT line!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : Absolutely!  I don't know about the word collapse - but a gluteus-kicking loss and totally embarassing yourselves is much worse than HAVING a lead in the 4th quarter, and then losing, powerless to stop the parade to the FT line!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

The difference is we were down 3-2 going to Boston and you guys were up 3-2 coming to L.A. WE WERE EXPECTED TO LOSE IN BOSTON AT SOME POINT IN EITHER GAME 6 OR 7. YOU WERE EXPECTED TO WIN AT LEAST ONE AND THEN BLEW THAT BIG OLD LEAD IN GAME 7. OURS CANNOT BE REGARDED AS A COLLAPSE, YOU CAN'T COLLAPSE FROM SOMTHING THAT WAS EXPECTED.  YOURS WAS A CLASSIC COLLAPSE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : The difference is we were down 3-2 going to Boston and you guys were up 3-2 coming to L.A.  WE WERE EXPECTED TO LOSE IN BOSTON AT SOME POINT IN EITHER GAME 6 OR 7. YOU WERE EXPECTED TO WIN AT LEAST ONE AND THEN BLEW THAT BIG OLD LEAD IN GAME 7. OURS CANNOT BE REGARDED AS A COLLAPSE, YOU CAN'T COLLAPSE FROM SOMTHING THAT WAS EXPECTED.  YOURS WAS A CLASSIC COLLAPSE.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

Disagree - as many pundits predicted before Perk got hurt,  the Lakers would win both Games 6 and 7.  They were favored all year - AND they were favored all year in 2008.  When you are FAVORED to win, all you can do is collapse.  The underdog cannot collapse.Having HCA and being 9-1 at home last year, the odds were in favor of the Lakers winning, not losing.  Ending up 11-1 at home, only further proves that the Lakers were the favored team, and expected to win.  I think if you LOST last year, that would have been a collapse.  Just like many people still pick the Heat.  If DAL loses, did they collapse?  I don't think so, they just lost on the road - as expected.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : The Lake Show beat down the celtics with smashmouth basketball in game 7. When the going got tough, the Lakers punched boston in the grill. A classic quotes comes to mind.. " You were weighed...measured....and found wanting!"
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]
    totally irrelevant, but thanks for the quote

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : Disagree - as many pundits predicted before Perk got hurt,  the Lakers would win both Games 6 and 7.  They were favored all year - AND they were favored all year in 2008.  When you are FAVORED to win, all you can do is collapse.  The underdog cannot collapse.Having HCA and being 9-1 at home last year, the odds were in favor of the Lakers winning, not losing.  Ending up 11-1 at home, only further proves that the Lakers were the favored team, and expected to win.  I think if you LOST last year, that would have been a collapse.  Just like many people still pick the Heat.  If DAL loses, did they collapse?  I don't think so, they just lost on the road - as expected. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

Then the Lakers were underdogs in 2008, i.e. NOT FAVORED to win, EXPECTED to lose, then how is it a collapse?

Are you playing this cheap "we Celtics are always underdogs, we are always expected to lose whether it's 2008 or 2010, thus your Lakers always quit/choke/luck out and we always play with heart and courage, we win with heart and we lose with heart" stunt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]The last time the starting Center of the Lakers didn't play in the last game of the Finals the Celts beat the Lakers by 39 points. When the starting Center of the Celts missed the last game of the Finals the Lakers only won by 4 points. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I wonder why the Celtics didn't save some of those 39 points for the game 7 against Orlando the next year, as well as the game 7 against the Lakers 2 years later.

The Celtics should have learned from MJ, his 6 championship clinchers were by

1991 - 7 points
    1992 - 4 points
    1993 - 1 point
    1996 - 12 points
    1997 - 4 points
    1998 - 1 point

for a total of 29 points, they clinch 6 championships. So you waste 39 points on only one championship? what a shame!!!

And yes, tell us how 17-48 and 16-47 not a tie.

And tell us where the Celtics were when Lakers won 13 of the 16 championships...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Sux more to be a Laker fan right now. Imagine, your team has arguably the best player in the NBA in Kobe, the best frontcourt in the NBA, Pau, Bynum, and Odom, and the best coach in the NBA in Phil Jackson and they QUIT on you in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

What? Kobe arguably the best player in the NBA? from a Celtic fan? aren't you contracting all these claims that Kobe is a ballhog? an overrated 6-24 brick-layer?

Your game is so easy to figure out. Let's see. The celtics have arguably the best 3-some in the league, three sure-fire HOFers plus the most dominant player of this generation. Everywhere I see in this forum is a lock on #18.

Miami? no problem, Celtics in 6.
    after Miami leading the series 2-0? no problem, Celtics in 6
    after Miami leading the series 3-1? no problem, Celtics in 7

I mean, what kind of posts do you see more in this forum? Celtics for #18 or Lakers 3-peating?

And what do you get in return? a 4-1 demolition by a team you dominated in the regular season, a team that everyone claims as no chance, le-choke, not to mention a 16-0 quitting job when facing elimination in game 5...

Yep, then you'll tell us that no one gave the Celtics a chance. They played way beyond their expectations. They aren't expected to make the playoffs but losing 4 thrillers to Miami is no shame. You are proud of the team, blah, blah, blah....

I have a dozen of these stunts to sell you...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : Then the Lakers were underdogs in 2008, i.e. NOT FAVORED to win, EXPECTED to lose, then how is it a collapse? Are you playing this cheap "we Celtics are always underdogs, we are always expected to lose whether it's 2008 or 2010, thus your Lakers always quit/choke/luck out and we always play with heart and courage, we win with heart and we lose with heart" stunt?
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

Nope, just remembering what I heard, what Magic said on TV, and what the bookies did.  Lakers were supposed to win in 2008, despite the C's having HCA.  That's the way I remember it.  It's like the Yankees.  ALWAYS the favorite, because they are the Yankees.  The Lakers now have that rep (deservedly so) that they can beat anyone.................thus the "shocker" in 2008.  Celtics won, deserved to win, and left no doubt who the better team was.  Lakers did it the next two years!  Lakers had more heart and guts in 2010.  DAL and MIA had more in 2011.........very simple!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

I know what the Lakers did to us last year in game 6, they took out Perk.  Perk was double teamed  by Kobe and Bynum and fouled at least 5 times between the two of them on the play that ended his season.  I have an old VHS system with a remote that allows me to play back at not only slow motion, but frame for frame. Without going into detail, Perk was set up and put off balance by Kobe who fouled him at least four times, then Bynum smashed him.  Down went Perk, never to rise up again.

The amazing part to me is that the media never said a word.  The Celtics never said a word.  yet, frame for frame you can see that dirty Kobe set up Perk and move him to an awkward position as the ball is about to come down.  Why has no one ever said a word?  Clear as anything on frame for frame.

The only answer I have is that later in the same game Pierce went down to the floor and threw his legs out in an attempt to take a Laker player down. A dirty play by Pierce.  Maybe the Celtics just didn't want to bring the subject up. 

Hard to win Championship #18 without your starting center.  Recall how the Lakers dominated thoroughly the boards without Perk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]I know what the Lakers did to us last year in game 6, they took out Perk.  Perk was double teamed  by Kobe and Bynum and fouled at least 5 times between the two of them on the play that ended his season.  I have an old VHS system with a remote that allows me to play back at not only slow motion, but frame for frame. Without going into detail, Perk was set up and put off balance by Kobe who fouled him at least four times, then Bynum smashed him.  Down went Perk, never to rise up again. The amazing part to me is that the media never said a word.  The Celtics never said a word.  yet, frame for frame you can see that dirty Kobe set up Perk and move him to an awkward position as the ball is about to come down.  Why has no one ever said a word?  Clear as anything on frame for frame. The only answer I have is that later in the same game Pierce went down to the floor and threw his legs out in an attempt to take a Laker player down. A dirty play by Pierce.  Maybe the Celtics just didn't want to bring the subject up.  Hard to win Championship #18 without your starting center.  Recall how the Lakers dominated thoroughly the boards without Perk.
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....someone forgot their meds!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....someone forgot their meds!!!

Yes, you did!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kytroll. Show kytroll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : Some people might think you are talking to yourself - just sayin'

I didn't know one could get a degree in playing mind games, Mr. RicoKyPud.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....someone forgot their meds!!!

The real question is do you have a brain?  I doubt that meds would help you as you appear to be both clueless and brainless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals...:
    [QUOTE]We had a 3 - 2 lead over the Lakers and we all know what happened. This series will be just like last years. Lakers won games 1, 3, 6, and 7 just like Miami will. Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Well just "keep saying"  moron.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Considering LA was on the wrong end of the the worst finals collapse ever I am surprised they even bother bringing up winning by barely 4 points after Thugtess and Bynuts took out Perkins in Game 6..................
    Posted by CelitcsFoo[/QUOTE]

You poor, poor bitter little man. I guess you forgot that even on ONE good leg, Bynum OWNED Perkins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]hey laker fans ...131-92................ 17 rings.....to what...oh your behind..... PS: boston has cap room in 2 years...and your lakers have 0 cap room. Make that trade for howard. IT WILL DECIMATE YOUR TEAM.....
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

You guys bring up that score like it means something...one point or 50 points, it still only counts as ONE loss. We don't lose sleep over it.

After the 1986 season, your C's had 16 NBA titles to the Lakers 9. But then, the C's became IRRELEVANT for 20+ years and the Lakers organization took full advantage to come within ONE title of tying that record. And the Lakers will not only tie that record, but surpass it as well. Why? Because the Celtics are headed right back to mediocrity...the the Lakers management will make the moves to keep them title contenders.

Sections
Shortcuts