Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals...

In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals...:
    [QUOTE]Red-Russ, Please refer to me to a link that stated these things that you mentioned about Wilt and Russell? Something besides past Duke comments would suffice. Thank you. Oh no, your opinion rating of Worthy is now skewed and he dropped a spot in your mind? I am so regretful of ever bringing up true player postions now. 
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

Links?  I don't need no stinking links!
    I've read the book - WILT  - his first autobiography published in 1973.
    also read Russell Rules, Me and Red and Up for Glory by Bill Russell
    They are biographies, and autobiographies, son, something we resorted to before the internet.
    Also read biographies on Theodore Samuel Williams, Reginald Martinez Jackson and Lewis Ferdinand Alcindor who later became the racist Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Of course, several on Bird as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Well, in that case Red-Russ, you're opinions are irrelevant. Thanks for making clear how you cannot back up any of your comments. Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : Links?  I don't need no stinking links! I've read the book - WILT  - his first autobiography published in 1973. also read Russell Rules, Me and Red and Up for Glory by Bill Russell They are biographies, and autobiographies, son, something we resorted to before the internet. Also read biographies on Theodore Samuel Williams, Reginald Martinez Jackson and Lewis Ferdinand Alcindor who later became the racist Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Of course, several on Bird as well.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. History has recorded it as true. Wilt just never cared about winning. It's why we are the second place franchise. Russell was in his head from day one, he sniffed him out as a rival and crushed him with a superior Will to win. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's not forget what the Lakers did to us las years Finals... : Excellent post. History has recorded it as true. Wilt just never cared about winning. It's why we are the second place franchise. Russell was in his head from day one, he sniffed him out as a rival and crushed him with a superior Will to win.   
    Posted by RicoLakerfan[/QUOTE]

You must be kidding. Wilt is like the 15th greatest player in the Lakers franchise.

How about this? Let's use Antoine Walker to represent the Celtics franchise, then we'll use Wilt, deal?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]so Laker fans love to talk about the Celtic's "draught" while Celtic fans like to talk about Boston's total dominance over 50 years....and even with the draught....your team still hasn't caught up?
    [/QUOTE]
    You sure wish. Have been leading ever since golden (Magic/Bird) era of the NBA. Celtics caught up in 1986 and then got out-titled by 1-7...

Total dominance over 50 years? it's 17-48 vs 16-47. You know what a tie is?

Sure you wish to ignore the 5 titles won in Minny, do you think we'll let you?

Sure you wish to brag about the 9-3? but not when you can't answer where the Celtics were when the Lakers won 13 of the 16 titles...

Sure you want to brag that losing in the final is worse than losing in the 2nd round or not making the playoffs, but who's going to argue with you when you say 1+1=3?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics own the Lakers. 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan[/QUOTE]

own by 17-48 vs 16-47? well, you can have your definition of "own" but that's not shared by the rest of the REAL world...

We own you 9-3 in the finals, you say?

so where were the Celtics when the Lakers won 13 of the titles? fishing or golfing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Who talks about how many times you've LOST, Cubs fans? Losers talk about how many times you've lost!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Nope, only losers would disregard the # times they lost. See, the Timberwolves had a record of 17 wins this past season. Let's not talk about losses as they don't count.

By your logic, there aren't any losing teams in sports history...

Sections
Shortcuts