Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Re: Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.

In Response to Re: Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.:
    [QUOTE]We cannot win against Miami, nor in the finals, nor the Championship without Shaq. He needs to be healthy and contribute meaningful minutes or we might as well start planning for next year now. We needed him in the first 2 games of this series so even if he does come back it will be a tough struggle to win it in Miami in 7, but I believe we can...again, only if Shaq is healthy. He brings an added dimension to the team, both tanglible and intangible. Dwane will not prance down the middle of the lane, Bosh will be more concerned about avoiding an elbow to the face than getting a rebound, Lebron will avoid him, and the Heat will try to speed up play which will result in more turnovers, given their ballhandling deficiency.  This disruption, even for only 12 minutes a game, makes a huge difference. Keeping my fingers crossed that Shaq plays game 3 and stays healthy the rest of the way.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I like all of this and I'm keeping my fingers crossed also!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team.:
    [QUOTE]We cannot win against Miami, nor in the finals, nor the Championship without Shaq. He needs to be healthy and contribute meaningful minutes or we might as well start planning for next year now. We needed him in the first 2 games of this series so even if he does come back it will be a tough struggle to win it in Miami in 7, but I believe we can...again, only if Shaq is healthy. He brings an added dimension to the team, both tanglible and intangible. Dwane will not prance down the middle of the lane, Bosh will be more concerned about avoiding an elbow to the face than getting a rebound, Lebron will avoid him, and the Heat will try to speed up play which will result in more turnovers, given their ballhandling deficiency.  This disruption, even for only 12 minutes a game, makes a huge difference. Keeping my fingers crossed that Shaq plays game 3 and stays healthy the rest of the way.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It also does one other thing. It punishes them for going small. Thier small lineup with Joel Anthony at center has kiled us. at 6'9'' he is not guarding shaq. If Sahq is healthy. Not saying we win with him, but a healthy Shaq is the thing that gives us a chance. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I expect an improvement in paint scoring when Shaq comes back and from others. However, the team defense must also improve, and Shaq is not the answer to that equation.

His presence could help bring back the offensive chemistry that the team had earlier in the year. He draws so much attention in the paint, that it will open up the game for others.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Shaq is the missing piece but if he is not healthy its not going to matter.  This Miami team is talented and driven.  They are going to be tough to beat even with Shaq at his best.  Lets hope some home cooking will help the team in the next two games. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lets not understate the impact Shaq will bring to this team. : Good points, but I still think Spo will MAKE them run while Shaq is on the floor. I'm sure the Heat's coaching staff know that Shaq can't get up and down anymore. I think they will try to push the tempo while Shaq is in the game to exploit that weakness, but we'll see Saturday how things turn out. I just wouldn't put all my faith into a guy that only played 5 minutes in 2 months, but lets hope for the best.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. That will be their counter.  but i think we still have a matchup edge there that we don't have without him. Might be too little too late. We are not getting Shaq 2001, but I think it helps our cause. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq is the missing piece but if he is not healthy its not going to matter.  This Miami team is talented and driven.  They are going to be tough to beat even with Shaq at his best.  Lets hope some home cooking will help the team in the next two games. 
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

I think driven is the key. Lebron (and I hate him) is the most talented player in the game Wade is not far behind. They have been humilated, jeered,  and verbally assualted all year. They have had their heart questioned over and over, and they know the only way to make it stop is to win the title. That means not letting Boston beat them again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I think shaq being on the floor will pump up the team and make them feel tougher and more intimidating. To me that was the biggest loss when perk was traded, just that fear factor that he presented and it made the rest of our team feel tougher than they actually were cuz they had that big brother looking out for them. This series the heat look like the bullys and we look scared, hopefully with shaq we can regain that edge. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eatinglue. Show eatinglue's posts

My fear is that he'll be limping off after 3 trips up and down the court. He practiced last week and was visibly limping for two days. I hope and pray that I'm wrong and I'll keep my fingers crossed. I just can't see him surving long enough to make an impact.

I'd prefer the big three to light the fire and Rondo to play smart, interested basketball for the whole game. Don't want him to pad his stats like the end of game 2. That was very un-Celtic like.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The best way to take away the fresh legs of these youngsters is to attach them head on.. make them play defense long and hard. When we turn into a jump shooting soft team, that gives them some rest. Kg, and Jo, BB need to pound it inside early and often...get them into foul trouble early, Thats what they did to us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't see how Shaq can help much against this team, especially since he won't be able to run. 

That said, if he provides an energy lift that could help win the all important game 3. 

Even if Shaq was healthy he would not be the key to this particular matchup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

He draws so much attention in the paint that other will be open if they try to stop him. On defense, they don't really defend Anthony anyway, and lets face it, he is not the quickest guy, so Shaq may be able to guard him, and keep him off the glass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Let me chime in on this real quick. I will be as happy as anyone if/when shaq returns and i agree it would be a great moral boost, but if he suffers any setback at all on the court and has to hobble off like he did in February, I think the negative affect it would have would be just as deflating, so I hope Danny and Doc know what they are doing. 

A part of me almost wants to say I wish we just shut Shaq down before the playoffs and said he was done.  This way the team would know what they had and just try to persevare, but with the pyhsological effect of thinking you gonna have someone and then they cant go lingering, I think it has hurt this team in games 1 and 2.  They played as if they expected Shaq like Danny said...and if Shaq comes back and then goes out...I think its like a balloon popping....sooo, I guess I welcome Shaq, but Im hoping he can stay on the court without reinjuring himself or will be worse off then we were before IMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Jay, you may be right, however, it is time to pull out all the stops. The Celtics can not afford to lose game three.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see how Shaq can help much against this team, especially since he won't be able to run.  That said, if he provides an energy lift that could help win the all important game 3.  Even if Shaq was healthy he would not be the key to this particular matchup.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Well that's the key, can he run? If he can it's huge. in fact, they did a breakdown over at redsarmy.com. With Shaq on the floor our offense was soooooo much better. parrticularly against miami (granted regular season and early.) but with him on the floor we averaged 26 more points per 100 poseessions. 

If (Huge giagantic if) shaq is at least 80%, we have a chance to come back. otherwise, I think we are toast. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]My fear is that he'll be limping off after 3 trips up and down the court. He practiced last week and was visibly limping for two days. I hope and pray that I'm wrong and I'll keep my fingers crossed. I just can't see him surving long enough to make an impact. I'd prefer the big three to light the fire and Rondo to play smart, interested basketball for the whole game. Don't want him to pad his stats like the end of game 2. That was very un-Celtic like.
    Posted by eatinglue[/QUOTE]

I think you are misunderstanding what happned. When you are behind you take the shot and try to make a miracle. Hapens one out overy thousand times but it does happen.

The heat's defense quit because they felt they had won and the Celtics scored, hoping to make a miracle. as it usally does it failed, but I don't think it was padding of stats. 

Sections
Shortcuts