Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray...LoL!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray...LoL!

-

Where are you tools now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray...LoL!

Somebody actually said that?!?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Where are the Clowns and sock puppets now!!   HAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

Why do you guys think the starting 5 in an NBA game needs to be the best 5. Red invented the "sixth man" with Frank Ramsey and Hondo. Both Frank and Hondo were as good, if not better, then the starting 5. When Hondo or Frank came to play against the other team's second unit, the C's never lost momentum. It become such a great strategy, the NBA created the "sixth man award". Don't confuse suggesting it may be a good idea to let Jeff Green play with the first team in order to reach his potential with any type of indication that Jeff is a better player than Ray. Not the case. Something has to be done with the second unit's play. As with the Heat and Bulls last week, the starters do well only to have the second unit screw things up. Why not balance things out if the C's can.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray...LoL!:
    [QUOTE]Why do you guys think the starting 5 in an NBA game needs to be the best 5. Red invented the "sixth man" with Frank Ramsey and Hondo. Both Frank and Hondo were as good, if not better, then the starting 5. When Hondo or Frank came to play against the other team's second unit, the C's never lost momentum. It become such a great strategy, the NBA created the "sixth man award". Don't confuse suggesting it may be a good idea to let Jeff Green play with the first team in order to reach his potential with any type of indication that Jeff is a better player than Ray. Not the case. Something has to be done with the second unit's play. As with the Heat and Bulls last week, the starters do well only to have the second unit screw things up. Why not balance things out if the C's can.
    Posted by CeltsSox[/QUOTE]

-

Tool!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Green is a passive player and Allen will take any shot he can get and make a high percentage in doing so.  Him just being on the court is an advantage, but playing the knicks you have to score, and im sure someone will tell Green he needs to be more aggresive, but I credit Green for playing good defense tonight.  The best I've seen since he has been here...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

Jay and Kirk, I agree with your comments. Unlike Red, KC, Russ, or Tommy, Doc has always been a "by the book" person. As any basketball player knows we all have days where we are hot and days we couldn't throw a pea in the ocean. To me, the hall of fame coaches have a feel for how to be sure the players with the hot hand on any given night are the ones on the court. It's apparant that Jeff Green is not comfortable being the offensive leader of the second unit. Therefore, we may get more out of him by letting him start while at the same time probably let Ray finish unless Ray is having one of his tired games.

The Celtics have the talent to bring home #18 if Doc can find a way to be more flexible. Ray was great, however the better discussion and "joy" may be with what JON gave the team. With all due respect to Perk, he was "Perk plus" tonight. Danny can sleep for a change.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I would still like to see Green starting at the 3 with Pierce at the 2. It would create all kinds of matchup problems for the other team. And the long pass Rondo threw that Ray Allen couldn't catch up to, Green would have caught it and dunked it. LOL!!!
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Yea...and Green would have hit those 3's and taken those critical shots, right?   I love Jeff, but he's not the player Ray is and he's not ready to replace the best clutch jump shooter in the league.   Ray makes defenses play completely different just to stay up with him.  Watch NYC next game and see who open Paul will be....because they will be preoccupied with Ray.

This is not even a reasonable argument.  Ray is just too valuable not to start and finish games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray...LoL! : Yea...and Green would have hit those 3's and taken those critical shots, right?   I love Jeff, but he's not the player Ray is and he's not ready to replace the best clutch jump shooter in the league.   Ray makes defenses play completely different just to stay up with him.  Watch NYC next game and see who open Paul will be....because they will be preoccupied with Ray. This is not even a reasonable argument.  Ray is just too valuable not to start and finish games.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Celtsfan4life, the starters allowed 0 shots for Ray in the first quarter. You are right, he's too valuable to be wasting his talent. Ray can't score unless he gets the ball and the shots. Then after Ray gets 0 shots in the first quarter, Jeff comes in with the second unit and doesn't have the confidence to aggressively attack the basket. If Ray continues to get 0 shots as starter where he could get 5 to 10 additional shots coming off the bench and finishing the games how is it you think both Ray and C's wouldn't benefit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]I would still like to see Green starting at the 3 with Pierce at the 2. It would create all kinds of matchup problems for the other team. And the long pass Rondo threw that Ray Allen couldn't catch up to, Green would have caught it and dunked it. LOL!!!

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

-

BS, you bitter old man.  That was a bad pass that nobody would have caught.

Idiocy still reigns in your brain.  Sorry.

LoL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray...LoL! : - BS, you bitter old man.  That was a bad pass that nobody would have caught. Idiocy still reigns in your brain.  Sorry. LoL
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

time to take a chill pill...your acting like an a r s e...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray...LoL! : - Tool!
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Rajon, life's okay. The Celtics won and the Lakers lost. You need not insult every Celtics fan that doesn't agree with the great Wizard of Rajonville.

Chill as they say.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Start Green Ahead of Ray...LoL! : Rajon, life's okay. The Celtics won and the Lakers lost. You need not insult every Celtics fan that doesn't agree with the great Wizard of Rajonville. Chill as they say.

Posted by CeltsSox[/QUOTE]

-

Note to you:  LoL:  it means laughing out loud.

I think Kirk gets it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Exciting game , good to see Ray Allen get the game winner.

Game one out of a possible 28 playoff games. Let's not bury Jeff Green just yet.
    I still think the trade was a bold but necessary move. The Heat, Knicks and Bulls all raised the bar with their offseason additions and Danny decided to get younger and more athletic a little early rather than a little too late. Green will be a factor before all is said and done - one way or another....

I like Ray starting (next year too) and it's amazing he's in such great shape that he can lead the team in minutes in almost every playoff game......but I'd still like to see Jeff Green get some more minutes.

Danny Ainge decided to do (and was ABLE to do) what Danny Ferry never managed to get done in Cleveland - to add an impact player to the rotation going into the playoffs rather than get eliminated and wonder WHAT IF ?

Can't wait for game 2 !  Just came back from a 10 mile bike ride around the neighborhood and I'm ready to chill out with a cup of tea....today's game was too close for comfort - let's hope the Knicks have already thrown their best punch and we can all relax and enjoy 3 straight blow outs...

RAY ALLEN - Hall Of Fame Gunslinger !

Sections
Shortcuts