Like it or not, Rondo Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Like it or not, Rondo Year

Without a blokbuster trade, Rondo is the man this year. If we are to have any kind of a season, he must return in training camp and lead this team.  He needs to be on the court leading by example, or at least doing what he can.  With him all the players become better and without him we wll be like a boat without a rudder.  We are not helpless , we have good old and young players and a coach that understands that you coach to the players strengths.  We have young bigs that have upside.  WE MAY NOT BE A PLAYOFF TEAM BUT WE COULD CAUSE OTHER TEAMS SERIOUS CONCERN WHEN WE PLAY THEM.   But at this time it depends on Rondo whether we like it or not or whether he likes it or not.  Could be a fun year if Rondo plays and Danny turns our logjam of power forwards and shooting guards into something good by trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Like it or not, Rondo Year

In response to maryngary's comment:

Without a blokbuster trade, Rondo is the man this year. If we are to have any kind of a season, he must return in training camp and lead this team.  He needs to be on the court leading by example, or at least doing what he can.  With him all the players become better and without him we wll be like a boat without a rudder.  We are not helpless , we have good old and young players and a coach that understands that you coach to the players strengths.  We have young bigs that have upside.  WE MAY NOT BE A PLAYOFF TEAM BUT WE COULD CAUSE OTHER TEAMS SERIOUS CONCERN WHEN WE PLAY THEM.   But at this time it depends on Rondo whether we like it or not or whether he likes it or not.  Could be a fun year if Rondo plays and Danny turns our logjam of power forwards and shooting guards into something good by trade.

I dont know about that. With him last year we did a heck of a lot worse than without him...and that was without replacing him or Sully, both lost to injury.

I know its a nice thing to fantasize Rondo makes everyone better, but the record says different.

I believe our young players with grow more without Rondo on the floor hogging the ball while they stand around....and without Rondo allowing the opposing PG to freely skip into the lane and cause havoc. It only adds to the complications of our young bigs trying to learn our system while faced with multiple switches that ordinarily wouldnt need to be dealt with if Rondo put forth the effort to cut off his opponents occassionally

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I know its a nice thing to fantasize Rondo makes everyone better, but the record says different.

Someone made RayRay better last year... and it certainly wasn't Rondo.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

[QUOTE]

I dont know about that. With him last year we did a heck of a lot worse than without him...and that was without replacing him or Sully, both lost to injury.

I believe our young players with grow more without Rondo on the floor hogging the ball while they stand around....and without Rondo allowing the opposing PG to freely skip into the lane and cause havoc. It only adds to the complications of our young bigs trying to learn our system while faced with multiple switches that ordinarily wouldnt need to be dealt with if Rondo put forth the effort to cut off his opponents occassionally

[/QUOTE]

All valid points , I did say like it or not, but I share most of your concerns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

maryngary I found your post refreshing, don't agree with it but I think you are laudable for wanting to see the best team out there and to disrupt other teams...the spoiler role can be a good role for a team in transition. 

That said, I don't see it. 

I think it's likely Rondo will be traded, especially if he plays well and the team plays well with him. 

I see this as a bridge year, a lottery-bound year, a player development year. 

I think that's why we have the coach we do also. 

I don't think the goal will be to get anywhere near the playoffs. 

It will be playing young guys, developing them, and losing games in the process for lottery positioning. 

Ainge has figured out you don't need to win the lottery to rebuild, he got Ray Allen with the number 5 pick...

but you do need lottery assets. 

I believe that's where we are headed. Losing and young dudes ballin'. 

But - if the scenario you described plays out, it could make for a fun year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It's Olynyk's year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

maryngary I found your post refreshing, don't agree with it but I think you are laudable for wanting to see the best team out there and to disrupt other teams...the spoiler role can be a good role for a team in transition. 

That said, I don't see it. 

I think it's likely Rondo will be traded, especially if he plays well and the team plays well with him. 

I see this as a bridge year, a lottery-bound year, a player development year. 

I think that's why we have the coach we do also. 

I don't think the goal will be to get anywhere near the playoffs. 

It will be playing young guys, developing them, and losing games in the process for lottery positioning. 

Ainge has figured out you don't need to win the lottery to rebuild, he got Ray Allen with the number 5 pick...

but you do need lottery assets. 

I believe that's where we are headed. Losing and young dudes ballin'. 

But - if the scenario you described plays out, it could make for a fun year. 

+1.  We need to recalibrate our expectations that with or without Rondo, the Celtics will not be competitive this season.  Other than 76ers, we may be the lowest scoring team in the NBA.  It will not be about winning, but it sure will be exciting and fun to watch the development, energy and production of Sullinger, Olynyk, Bradley, Brooks and Green and maybe even Fav and Pressey... and how Stevens establishes himself as our coach.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo is a likely goner whether he recovers and plays well or not.

The only difference will be how much DA can get in return for him as trade bait.

DA has been trying to flip Rondo for years.. and this will likely be his last opportunity to salvage something before R9R prices himself right out of the market with unrealistic salary demands based on inflated self-worth to this franchise.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

The only difference will be how much DA can get in return for him as trade bait.

DA has been trying to flip Rondo for years.. and this will likely be his last opportunity to salvage something before R9R prices himself right out of the market with unrealistic salary demands based on inflated self-worth to this franchise.

Pud

Can't say that Pud...you'll set the 8th graders off like bottle rockets for attacking Rondoid like that....can't wait until he's gone and we can watch some REAL basketball...even as a losing team it will be fun to watch the ball moved around instead of 20 seconds of dribbling at the top of the key while the other 4 guys are near the baseline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pud

Can't say that Pud...you'll set the 8th graders off like bottle rockets for attacking Rondoid like that....can't wait until he's gone and we can watch some REAL basketball...even as a losing team it will be fun to watch the ball moved around instead of 20 seconds of dribbling at the top of the key while the other 4 guys are near the baseline.

[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the... "We Don't Hate Rondo, We Just Prefer That He Play for Another Team... Club. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Welcome to the... "We Don't Hate Rondo, We Just Prefer That He Play for Another Team... Club. 

And may your banner continue to fly the highest out there.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

Someone made RayRay better last year... and it certainly wasn't Rondo.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Rays scoring, FG percentage, and 3 point fg percentage were all down last year.

I think they should trade Rondo if they can, but Ray Allen had a worse shooting season last year than the year before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying Brad is going to run the same offensive sets as Doc?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

It's Olynyk's year.

I think so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I just think we have too much talent not to at least be a spoiler.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts