LIN at 85% should have been out there tonight, lost some RESPECT for the man!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

LIN at 85% should have been out there tonight, lost some RESPECT for the man!

I say yes. knicks have way tooo many weapons. they now have a stingy defense. so many options on offense led by a resurgent melo who is playing the best ball of his CAREER. kind of like how he has played with the olympic team when he has often been the BEST player on the entire team. they have depth that goes 11 deep. now they even get Lin and stats back. they can go small and big. and yeah... they have TYSON CHANDLER, the answer to everything miami threw at dallas last year. miami can trebound or stop tyson down low. or amare. melo and bron can neutralize each other. jr smith and schumpert can neutralize wade. but like with playing against the celts, miami has a serious pg issue. who stops the rejuvenated davis/bibby/lin combo? oh yep, there's also the nba's best 3-point gunner at 45% in mr. discount triple check novak. there's 6'7 landry fields who shoots at a very high percentage and is another body to throw at wade or bron. knicks in SIXXXX!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Re: KNICKS will beat the HEAT in the FIRST round?

Not on your life!  Knicks maybe hot, but they will not beat the Heat unless there is some injury that I do not know about!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Still have Stoudermire coming back...and Lin???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

The Knicks have an equal chance as the Celtics in beating the Heat in a 7-game playoff series. They have Tyson Chandler, the Miami Heat stopper in 2011.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

nope. N. O. 

What you are underestimating here is that the Heat are not engaged by the regular season anymore. They will turn it up a notch. Carmelo will win one or two games for the Knicks. Heat in 5.

p.s. please finish your prediction. Are you saying Knicks in 5? Knicks in 6?

p.s.s. Olympic ball comparison doesn't work. Melo is great Olympic player but that's a jump shooting game with no action in the paint. Wade and Bron will get to the rim.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

No way!
    Unless they shoot 3s like they did against us, which they won't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

There is always a chance of anything. Just that this chance is very slim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: KNICKS will beat the HEAT in the FIRST round?:
    [QUOTE]There is always a chance of anything. Just that this chance is very slim.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Sure. Kind of like us winning the title.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I wouldn't read too much into the knicks great performance against us.  I don't think we were trying to win very hard.  Probably making sure the knicks make the playoffs so they can take some wind out of one of the top seeds' sails.

I don't expect novak to be left wide open in the playoffs.  I don't believe NY will beat either miami or chicago, although chi is a possibility if rose can't go effectively.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You are a very odd person.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

did you really just put "knicks" and "stingy defense" in the same sentence? the celtics just put up 110 on them without ray or pietrus and with rondo hurt half the game.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: KNICKS will beat the HEAT in the FIRST round? WIZ exposed HEAT as well last night!

[QUOTE]did you really just put "knicks" and "stingy defense" in the same sentence? the celtics just put up 110 on them without ray or pietrus and with rondo hurt half the game.....
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]SERIOUSLY, i know we boston fans tend to be the most homerlicious in all of sports but u guys really should follow other teams esp in our conference when they dont play against us as well. if an alien from space just watched us get destroyed by atlanta or toronto the other day, they too may say wow, this team cant play defense, its overrated. you have to watch more games to get a credible sample. since stats went out and melo was moved to pf, just as with kg with us, they've been in a serious groove against everyone incl us. its a matchup nightmare for any 4 to stick with melo. and yes his and the team's defense has skyrocketed.. look at the stats in their last 15 games and compare it to the rest of the league. its about momentum esp going into the playoffs. the knocks would have lost that last game to us just 6 weeks ago, they are a different team.

they matchup very well with both chicago and miami. celts matchup great versus miami not chicago. i'm not buying the nonsense that miami can just flip the switch. knicks still have rooom to grow. they get stats returning TOMORROW. they could likely bring him off the bench depending on the chemistry flow. thats a lot of talent and energy and and they have every desire as miami to advance out of the first round, plus they are playing with house money. lin may show up after game 3 or be ready for round 2.

in addition to chandler who can bring his ring, do not discount a cold assassin like jr smith and mr. baron DAVIS. yeah, that guy who almost single handedly knocked out another inevitable team in the mavs a few years back. first and ONLY time an 8 beat the 1 seed. its not just hope or potential, its the talent, will, facts and intangibles. dont believe the hype. how often was i right in last year's playoffs? lets see when the bandwagon was all around the lakes, i said they would lose BEFORE the mavs series, i called the memphis series in advance, i picked okc to advance as far as they did and i picked the mavs to beat miami although i did say lebron was jordan.. good with collectives not individuals i guess. i picked the celts but then again i'm a homer.

when miami gets hit, they curl and run, they dont fight back. NY has been winning and turning games into street fights lately as woodson once did in atlanta. do u recall how tough it was for our big 3 to win in 2008? miami would have lost that series! knicks simply have too many guys who will know how to hit them where it hurts the most. they have quit most of the season like in last year's finals when hit, y would they just become different against a team that feautures skilled thugs and coaches who will not fear the talent of the heat in one bit!

the knicks are a mini-us. they've been patterned after us, i've heard woodson and even melo admit to that. keep rondo upright in last year's encounter and the heat do not get by our injured talent-challenged team. miami is even more finesse and wimpy with coach issues. ny will be healthy, hungry, confident and overdosing with high class talent that goes 10-deep with every player buying into each other and their COACH!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

well, I hope you're right but I still have my doubts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Uh, no...the heat have been on cruise control for weeks...they will turn it up a notch come playoffs have no doubt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Only if the Knicks have a full team.  Without Lin and Stoumaire, they are done!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Don't think so, but Indy may beat them in the 2nd round.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Don't think so, but Indy may beat them in the 2nd round.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Agree that the Pacers have a good chance of winning against any team in the playoffs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to KNICKS will beat the HEAT in the FIRST round?:
    [QUOTE]I say yes. knicks have way tooo many weapons. they now have a stingy defense. so many options on offense led by a resurgent melo who is playing the best ball of his CAREER. kind of like how he has played with the olympic team when he has often been the BEST player on the entire team. they have depth that goes 11 deep. now they even get Lin and stats back. they can go small and big. and yeah... they have TYSON CHANDLER, the answer to everything miami threw at dallas last year. miami can trebound or stop tyson down low. or amare. melo and bron can neutralize each other. jr smith and schumpert can neutralize wade. but like with playing against the celts, miami has a serious pg issue. who stops the rejuvenated davis/bibby/lin combo? oh yep, there's also the nba's best 3-point gunner at 45% in mr. discount triple check novak. there's 6'7 landry fields who shoots at a very high percentage and is another body to throw at wade or bron. knicks in SIXXXX!  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Not even a remote chance.... the Heat will ratchet it up for the playoffs and the Knicks will go out in 5 and be lucky to score 90 per game even in their win......  the held the Bulls to 72 last night and the Bulls are a far superior team to the Knicks.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KNICKS will beat the HEAT in the FIRST round? : yeah, that guy who almost single handedly knocked out another inevitable team in the mavs a few years back. first and ONLY time an 8 beat the 1 seed.Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

After that the Grizzlys beat the Spurs as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

wiz punched heat in the grill. wall had a double double. the last play was a testament to y the heat have serious issues entering the playofs and y the knicks will will pull off the upset. heat cant stop elite pg penetrations. cant match up. baron davis, shumpert, bibby (revenge on mind) and even toney can all exploit the knicks! yep the big 3 didnt play (wade got hurt AGAIN) early. now has a likely broken index finger on his non-shooting hand. yep the guide hand on jumpshots and the hand one braces themselves with on falls. the celtics and the spurs could likely be the two healthiest and freshest teams as they enter the playoffs!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Miami is too athletic for NY. Hope Orlando loses their last 2 games and Knicks win next two. Then they take 6th seed. If they hadn't taken the night off last Friday against the Cavs, they probably would be a lock for 6th seed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]If the Knicks win, then CC is a genius.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    No, it would be dumb luck.  More of a stopped clock is right twice a day thing.  Her predictions are always stupidly provocative as if getting attention is the only goal of posting on this BB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

oops

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KNICKS will beat the HEAT in the FIRST round? : No, it would be dumb luck.  More of a stopped clock is right twice a day thing.  Her predictions are always stupidly provocative as if getting attention is the only goal of posting on this BB.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

He's an ignorant blowhard screaming for attention regardless of what happens in the Knicks-Heat series...

Sections
Shortcuts