Lineup Changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EvilT34. Show EvilT34's posts

Lineup Changes

Why arent we bringing in Jeff Green at PF and moving KG to Center when Oneal goes out of the Lineup? Big Baby is simply not the same player he was earlier this year. With him and Rondo on the floor, they are being left open to miss those 12 ft jumpshots. I would like to see Doc at least try this. What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Lineup Changes

I agree.  I think baby played too many minutes in the last 3-4 games and now he needs some rest. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Just play the bench, period.  We have hungry players just sitting down. All the bench players can contribute big time, but they can't contribute by sitting down. You got to play them. They are all playoffs tested, except for Avery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

i like that lineup , but by time Green is getting in, K.G. is gassed and needs to come out too, but they must do something to get Green and K.G. on the floor, I think if anything just to spark Green. I am assuming that he would be less passive with K.G. out there and K.G. is a great passer who liked to defer but when Green is in he passes too much.  I think the reason the Dannyw as able to pull off the trade is because OKC had the real scoop, and we were duped.  Its that it didnt show itself into the playoffs. I have still yet to see Green dunk on someone and I know he can, so hopefully someone can tap into this guys mean streak...He is just too nice out there....he has been giving good effort on defense now, but his offense has dissapeared.  Is guarding Melo that exhausting?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

I agree as well.  Baby needs to be playing about 15 minutes a game and Green should be getting 25-28 minutes.  The 2nd unit is what kills us.  The starters play good for 7 or 8 minutes and then Doc starts subbing and the lead goes to s#$t!!!  West is not a true PG but we are treating him like he is.  He keeps Allen in with the 2nd unit but he thrives more when Rondo and Pierce are out on the floor.  Green can create his own shot but it seems like he is the third option on offense with that unit.  Baby just confuses me with his play sometimes.  Don't know if it is fatigue but he hardly ever boxes out, is always out of position on defense and his help defense has been atrocious lately.  Not sure what Krstic's deal is.  He looks good when he started but seems to be lost in the shuffle on the 2nd unit.  West can create his own shot but using him at point makes him try to get others involved.  I would like to see Green out there more with the starting unit towards the end of the second quarter and at the end of games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I am not a huge fan of Glen but I still think he is making contributions other than scoring. This includes hustle, getting to or keeping alive loose balls, and kicking some behind. Boston needs to maintain there toughness and he gives some of that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

I also think Von Wafer can contribute some good minutes.  Sit Ray down and give Von about 7 or 8 minutes.  The guy is a speedster and can drive to the hoop and hit the 3.  I liked what I saw out of him in those last few games.  His defense has gotten better as well.  I think he can give us some solid minutes off the bench.  But like a said in an earlier post.  Doc has a hard time devloping the younger talent.  He has not faith in them and would rather drive our older bodies into the ground.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

How about this. We all know Ray can cruise through quarters without rest if he is not invloved.  He does not have to play D on that bum Landry.  Pierce is getting worn down quick and we need his offense, so how about you get Pierce invloved early, get him some shots....let him come out at around the 3 or 4 minute mark, and bring in Green at the 3, keep Ray in and now let Ray run around while Green is getting some touches.  You take Ray out at the start of the 2nd quarter and move Green to 4 as K.G. gets a rest.  Bring Back Paul at the 3, and let West play point while Wafer plays 2.  Kristic could also be effective.  I believe he is struggling finding his niche off the bench after starting 15 games for us.  We can mix and match a lot, but Doc likes to keep things simple, I get it...but it aint working...Wafer could have gotten 15 easily off the bench last night....Stop giving Baby minutes based on his regular season...Make him earn his minutes..he looks just as lost as green and is giving no effort on defense all of a sudden.  Murphy hasnt played in a playoff game in 1 years of good nba service. I think at the least he is gonna hustle and go hard, which is what u need against subpar scrappy players like the knicks have...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Lineup Changes:
    [QUOTE]I am not a huge fan of Glen but I still think he is making contributions other than scoring. This includes hustle, getting to or keeping alive loose balls, and kicking some behind. Boston needs to maintain there toughness and he gives some of that.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

I may have missed some plays, but all I saw from Baby last night was one good hard foul on Melo when he took it to the rim.  I liked that.  I was not impressed by anything else he did last night.  K.G. was doing all the diving on the floor and scrapping, which is what Baby SHOULD be doing, but I missed that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup Changes : I may have missed some plays, but all I saw from Baby last night was one good hard foul on Melo when he took it to the rim.  I liked that.  I was not impressed by anything else he did last night.  K.G. was doing all the diving on the floor and scrapping, which is what Baby SHOULD be doing, but I missed that.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    Maybe I was thinking of game one on the floor dive, but I did see him hit the crowd last night. He also leveled Walker with a huge screen. He chased Anthony effective on the double a couple of times. Opposing players start to hear footsteps when Baby is doing those things. It makes them think unhappy thoughts. I also saw him tap some up for grab balls to keep them alive. For me, this stuff adds up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I guess baby is just in my doghouse and we need him to score more than anything else right now.  I usually give him the B.O.D, but to mouth off before the series about amare being easy to guard!?  I would've benched him like B.B. did to Wes Welker!  ....wait, you cant bench a bench player can you?  I would've found a way to make him earn his way on the floor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I am a big believer in Wafer and still hoping to see him in the series. I love finess, but sometimes getting down and dirty is the way to go. Besides Glen only JON, in my opinion, gives the C's that toughness. Anyway, being up 2 - 0 is what counts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sorry I didn't see this thread.

I kept saying when the trade was made that Green isn't a 4 or PF....he's a big 3.
    Posey didn't mind playing 4 but Green's mentality and skillset screams he's a 3. He's not as rugged and doesn't give the intangibles that Posey gave.

I really believe this is why we don't see Green get off too much. You put him with a PF and C and I think he'll explode.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If we are having trouble scoring, doesn't it make sense to at least TRY Wafer for a few mins?  Let him shoot or take it to the hole a few times, then sit him down again.  Also, could Murphy (sorry, Kirk), be any worse than BBD has been?  I mean last min of a quarter or half?  Krstic needs to play more, IMO!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Doc is playing with house money,.,.,.he doesnt have to keep us happy I guess, since he is gone anyway after this year!....his a ss better not sell out and end up taking his coaching talents to south beach.  He would love that,...A new and improved Big 3 that he could run into the dirt until they drop! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"I believe the easiest change to start with would be to give Krstic's minutes to Murphy. How could it hurt?"

This wouldnt hurt, but it also wouldnt change anything.  Kristic doesnt have any minutes to give to anyone...  Only thing he could give Murphy is advice.  It would go something like this  "Get the hell outta town while you can, this guy Doc aint never gonna play you!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Lineup Changes:
    [QUOTE]Why arent we bringing in Jeff Green at PF and moving KG to Center when Oneal goes out of the Lineup? Big Baby is simply not the same player he was earlier this year. With him and Rondo on the floor, they are being left open to miss those 12 ft jumpshots. I would like to see Doc at least try this. What do you guys think?
    Posted by EvilT34[/QUOTE]

Because JG gets eaten alive at the 4 and KG gets eaten alive at the 5.  KG isn't strong enough and Green is just not a good 4 defender.  In addition, KG is needed late in the game and needs to be rested.  If he played his own minutes at the 4 and then some more minutes at the 5, he'll be gassed at the end of the game and not able to make the great offensive and defensive plays he made this past game.

This isn't a matter of substitutions.  Sometimes its about execution and JG + BBD just aren't executing.  That doesn't mean we abandon them.  We stick with them because that's who we got as a bench, like it or not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I agree as well.  Baby needs to be playing about 15 minutes a game and Green should be getting 25-28 minutes.  The 2nd unit is what kills us.  The starters play good for 7 or 8 minutes and then Doc starts subbing and the lead goes to s#$t!!!  West is not a true PG but we are treating him like he is.  He keeps Allen in with the 2nd unit but he thrives more when Rondo and Pierce are out on the floor.  Green can create his own shot but it seems like he is the third option on offense with that unit.  Baby just confuses me with his play sometimes.  Don't know if it is fatigue but he hardly ever boxes out, is always out of position on defense and his help defense has been atrocious lately.  Not sure what Krstic's deal is.  He looks good when he started but seems to be lost in the shuffle on the 2nd unit.  West can create his own shot but using him at point makes him try to get others involved.  I would like to see Green out there more with the starting unit towards the end of the second quarter and at the end of games.
    Posted by RampageIMT[/QUOTE]

Why would you ignore the fact that Green commits too many fouls?  He had 5 fouls in 11 minutes.  How can he play more minutes?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather see Wafer at the 2 and Green at the 3 with West at the point. I don't understand why River keeps playing Ray with the second unit.

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I agree... Wafer is our only possible energy guy..plus truth is he is a very good offensive player..always going to the hoop or making sweet 3's.. Doc is giving no chance for new guys to get comfortable and hence develop some chemistry..

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup Changes : Ray is terrible with the second unit. Wafer is better because he can break down the defense.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

but Doc wont do it..he will keep the same guys on the floor..you will see..unless is a blowout

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think Wafer deserves more minutes.  But, I hope we NEVER see Wafer, West, BBD, Green, and someone else on the court at the same time.  Too many subs.  I'd rather have Wafer spend a few minutes with the starters or have Ray spend a few minutes with the subs.   Too many subs at once is what causes us to lose leads.  These guys together are NOT a great bench!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Doc is playing with house money,.,.,.he doesnt have to keep us happy I guess, since he is gone anyway after this year!....his a ss better not sell out and end up taking his coaching talents to south beach.  He would love that,...A new and improved Big 3 that he could run into the dirt until they drop! 
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Wow - the "Doc is a bum" sentiment is running strong.   He's the reason the starters are run into the ground, huh?   They didn't get there during the first 2/3 of the season due to Shaq, JON, West, 'Quis, Semih, Perk all missing a lot of time before the all star game.  Do you know that at one point, we had 7 players, then 8 after a D-leaguer game up, then new guys arriving every day for 3 weeks and none of them know the offense nor the defense?  That's all Doc's fault, I guess.

I blame it on the bad luck of injuries and then Danny's trades.

Good to see that Celts fans have high expectations, even when those expectations for the injured bench is unreasonable.  

25. This post has been removed.