Lineups

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Lineups

when was the last time any of us heard Doc talk about starting a rookie....?

Rondo says Sullinger's BB IQ and work ethic are off the charts....

the vets are raving about him...

Sullinger looks like the real deal and the teams that passed him up are really going to be questioning what the hell they were thinking......this team is younger, more athletic, and extremely deep...

as CPP said, they look scary good...!!!   ....well done Danny...!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It's an extremely deep team.  I Wouldn't mind Sully starting, largely because Bass is not a good rebounder.

Terry I would have come off the bench with Bradley starting once he is healthy

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think Sully will have matchup problems with some teams like MIA.  But I also think the converse is true, and Battier will have a tough time with Sully......unless he flops!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

.....so Larry Bird was a slow white guy that couldn't jump.....how did that work out for us...?

Sully can't guard a quicker power forward..? maybe....but do you believe that Nash can guard basically ANY point guard at this stage of his career....?  ....there are matchup problems all over the league...smart guys get it....Nash is super smart...but going on 39 years old....think about it..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

The great thing about this situation.......  OPTIONS!  The Celtics have many.  If Sully pans out, it just adds to the options Doc has to mix and match, counter and force the Celtics opponents lineups on a game situation base's.

I would start Bradley over Terry.  One, you need Bradleys defense more tha his scoring and we witnessed that he can score.  Two we will need Terry running the show when Rondo is on the bench.

I like the options though.  Many of the elite teams don't have much past the starting five.  The Celtics do.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sullinger did not get his shot blocked "more than any other player in summer league".  There is no stat for that.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two times you avoided my question.

Sullinger is ill equipped to guard faster players that can shoot 3 pointers.

Unfortunately, Battier would toast his large can.

Sullinger had his shot blocked more then any player in the Summer League.

UGH!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

This seems  overly simplistic to even have to say this but yes Battier would create a match up problem for Sully at the 3 point line and Sully would create a match up problem for Battier down low.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It would help this discussion if we knew how long Bradley would be out.  I like Bradley off the bench only because I think he and Rondo are too small as a tandem.

Let's see how Rondo works with Lee and Jet first.............when AB comes back (if?) we can discuss him then

Sections
Shortcuts