Link to Red Claws Game!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Link to Red Claws Game!

Fab Melo was back in action last night, hitting the game winner for his team with a few seconds to go in the game. Let's go Melo!! 

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20130112/SPGMNE/gameinfo.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Link to Red Claws Game!

Can't teach size.  Now lets hope that he develops game sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am with ya! I hope he returns to form tonight!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo not starting, coming off of the bench! Bringing him back slowly?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo enters the game half-way through the 1st quarter! Starts off with a lay-up and then slam-dunk!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo 2-blocks and takes a charge within a 15-second span!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo screaming for the ball! Pass him the freakin ball!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Red Claws need to find a point guard that understands the meaning of the word pass! Melo will not develop on the offensive end if he does not get the ball!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo baby!!! Block, key rebound, and tip-in!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I still don't know if it's a good idea to trade Melo for Gortat. Glad that Ainge is the one who has to make that decision.

I agree! He has improved allot since training camp!

Nice rebound and put back by Melo! In crunch time!! Melo player of the game!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think he a real diamond in the rough.  We had many projects, players with ability and promice.  He is something special it there with the eye test.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo impacted the game tonight (+20)!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Melo gets called up right after the trade deadline.  The Celts will start giving him some minutes.

There!!  A fan has spoken.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Thanks for posting this BCSP. I like to watch these games. Pretty nice having that D-League there now. I use to love going to the summer league games there @ UMASS before they stopped, to watch all the draft picks and guys trying to make the league. The last year they had summer league play in Boston was the year we drafted Marcus Banks, if I recall correctly. Jim O'brien was still our coach then.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Thanks for posting this BCSP. I like to watch these games. Pretty nice having that D-League there now. I use to love going to the summer league games there @ UMASS before they stopped, to watch all the draft picks and guys trying to make the league. The last year they had summer league play in Boston was the year we drafted Marcus Banks, if I recall correctly. Jim O'brien was still our coach then.

The Red Claws have done a great job marketing their product. Fans get to watch a pro style game in a high school setting.

Shoot! I would love to drive up and catch one of these games! 

Melo is really progressing! He really seems to be catching onto the pro game, at an excelerated rate. I think he will be able to help the C's later this season.

What are your thoughts on Melo's development? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

Melo gets called up right after the trade deadline.  The Celts will start giving him some minutes.

There!!  A fan has spoken.

Hope So !!!   As DAD would say......... "SON, REMEMBER.... BIG GUYS HAVE TO PROVE THEY CAN'T PLAY, LITTLE GUYS MUST PROVE THEY CAN PLAY" !!!!

+1 I like that saying! 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The C's should be sure to get Melo as many minutes as possible in Portland to get him in game shape and to help him learn what it takes to be a pro.  Sounds like he has taken to the coaching and for a guy with his relative lack of inexperience to be dominating the D league is a great sign.  Not sure how much he can help this year, but at some point Doc should think about trying to get him some minutes in Boston when possible just to get his feet wet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The C's should be sure to get Melo as many minutes as possible in Portland to get him in game shape and to help him learn what it takes to be a pro.  Sounds like he has taken to the coaching and for a guy with his relative lack of inexperience to be dominating the D league is a great sign.  Not sure how much he can help this year, but at some point Doc should think about trying to get him some minutes in Boston when possible just to get his feet wet.

[/QUOTE

Good post! If Melo's role is to provide the C's 15-productive minutes a game, I think he can help later in the season. By productive, I mean protect the rim, rebound, and slam home a "gimme" from RR or KG now and then! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

[/QUOTE

Good post! If Melo's role is to provide the C's 15-productive minutes a game, I think he can help later in the season. By productive, I mean protect the rim, rebound, and slam home a "gimme" from RR or KG now and then! 

Thats right.  I believe that Melo will continue to build the belief that he belongs for another month.  Then the Celts will start easing him into their rotation.  He will see 15-18 mins and fill the void that Boston needs to fill.  That will complete the rotation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

[/QUOTE

Thats right.  I believe that Melo will continue to build the belief that he belongs for another month.  Then the Celts will start easing him into their rotation.  He will see 15-18 mins and fill the void that Boston needs to fill.  That will complete the rotation.

I am trying to think of a center / player that Melo reminds me of? It is tough because his game has not fully developed. 

Sections
Shortcuts