Link to Redclaws Game!

Go Melo!!

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20130118/IWAMNE/gameinfo.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Link to Redclaws Game!

Melo with the SLAM!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo came to play tonight! Imagine if he played with a real PG!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo: 26-pts, 7-rebs, and 3-blks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Nice win for Redclaws! Melo best player on the floor! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I am wondering why they don't bring him up and give him some minutes.

You know I live pretty close to where they play and have seen some games, Michah Downs has looked excellent as well. If they need a warm body I can see them calling him up.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

You know I live pretty close to where they play and have seen some games, Michah Downs has looked excellent as well. If they need a warm body I can see them calling him up.

After the All-Star break.

I can't wait to see Melo play with a real PG! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

After the All-Star break.

I can't wait to see Melo play with a real PG! 

Some here can't wait to trade our real PG!

HAHAHA

Melo would get at least 3-gimmes a game from RR! He is running the floor much better than he did during training camp! 

I also think Melo's play would energize KG, if DA brings him up and Doc gives him some minutes! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

RED CLAWS GROUND ENERGY IN 110-105 WIN

Andre Barrett Sets Red Claws Record with 17 Assists

PORTLAND, ME � The first place Maine Red Claws (14-8), led by Andre Barrett�s Red Claws� record 17 assists, held off an early charge by the Iowa Energy (6-14) to win their fourth straight game Friday night at the Portland Expo Building, 110-105. Barrett broke a Red Claws� record set by Will Blalock (14, 01/04/10 vs LA) during the Red Claws inaugural season.

Maine got off to a quick start, taking a 7-6 lead early, with the returning Chris Wright getting off to a hot start in the early minutes. From there, Iowa took control of the quarter, outscoring the Red Claws 23-7 throughout the rest of the quarter on the strength of former Red Claws forward Morris Almond�s 13 points, finishing the frame with a 29-14 edge. From there, Maine took over, cutting the lead to six at halftime, getting back into the game thanks to a scoring flurry from Micah Downs, Wright and Boston Celtics� assigned player Fab Melo. The comeback was also keyed by strong defense from Downs, Melo and Scott VanderMeer, heading into the locker room trailing the Energy 53-47.

The Red Claws stormed to the front at the start of the third with a 17-4 run right out of the locker room, keyed by Melo and Wright. Iowa weathered the storm with a 10-2 run of their own, taking a slim 79-77 edge into the final frame. Melo opened the quarter for Maine with four quick points to tie the score at 81. That�s when Xavier Silas and Barrett hooked up to take control of the game for good, as Silas scored 12 points in the quarter, many coming from Barrett assists. With 5:28 left in the contest, Barrett dished his team record breaking 15th assist to VanderMeer. The Red Claws closed out the game with a 12-3 run.

The Energy were led by Almond�s 27 points and six rebounds. Iowa also got strong performances from Josh Boone (18), Othyus Jeffers (11), and Chris Wright (11 points, six rebounds). Former Red Claw Paul Harris had a solid game in his return to the Expo, scoring eight points and grabbing six rebounds.

The Red Claws were led by Melo�s 26 points, seven rebounds and three blocks. Also keying the Maine win were Wright (26 points, four rebounds, three blocks), Downs (20 points, six steals, five blocks) and Silas (23). Barrett�s record-setting night included eight points and seven rebounds to go along with his 17 assists.

The Red Claws and Energy will meet each other again tomorrow night at the Portland Expo at 7 PM.

Sections
Shortcuts