list of UFA Centers for the off-season W/Current Salarys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

list of UFA Centers for the off-season W/Current Salarys

Since most of us think a true center is our biggest need, I thought of a list of those UFA next year was in order. I show current salary's for this year also.

so go shopping, rememebr to stay in the Cap though...what would we have again Fierce....one $5M deal idf Pierce and KG are back?

$13M if they both leave (best case scenario, no trade)?

Pos Player Team Salary
    C D. Howard LAL 19.536M
    C A. Bynum Phil 16.889M
    C A. Jefferson Utah 15.0M
    C A. Biedrins GS 9.0M
    C C. Kaman Dal 8.0M
    C D. Diop Char 7.372M
    C S. Dalmebert Mil 6.698M
    C Z. Pachulia Atl 5.248M
    C M. Speights Clev 4.2M
    C T. Splitter SA 3.944M
    C J. Petro Atl 3.5M
    C C. Aldrich Sac 2.445M
    C N. Mohammed Chic 1.352M
    C J. Przybilla Mil 1.352M
    C J.O'Neal Phoe 1.352M
    C J. Collins Wash 1.352M
    C A. Blatche Brk 1.146M
    C R. Turiaf LAC 1.146M
    C R. Hollins LAC 1.069M
    C C. Andersen Mia .540M

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: list of UFA Centers for the off-season W/Current Salarys

Good post.

The question here is which of these guys will have enough of a drop-off in the market to become reasonably priced for us (meaning vet min or close).

I'd like Kaman, Speights, Dalembert, Mohammed. I don't know enough about the SAC C's, any potential there?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Actually, the only guy on that list, who would be better than getting a high lottery pick is Howard!

As we can't get him, we better start Melo next year and hope for a great pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I would love to have Splitter, but I think SAS will hold on to him!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If the Celts amnesty Pierce and KG retires, the Celts can go after Dwight, Big Al, or Josh Smith.

The Celts can only use the amnesty up to 2015. And the only players the Celts can amnesty are Rondo, Bradley, and Pierce.

Might as well use the amnesty now where it will free up a lot of cap space.

Why can't they use it on Bass?  Just asking?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think Al Jefferson really, really lucked out. Can you imagine if Bynum and Howard were not complete busts ... teams would be having bidding wars over these two 'cornerstone' centers with the leftover attention going to Al.

But now, looks like he is the best available UFA Center. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

If the Celts amnesty Pierce and KG retires, the Celts can go after Dwight, Big Al, or Josh Smith.

The Celts can only use the amnesty up to 2015. And the only players the Celts can amnesty are Rondo, Bradley, and Pierce.

Can only use it on players under contract before the new CBA ... Bass was signed this summer, so he can't be amnestied.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Fierce, do you really want to give a max contract to one of these three guys? Everyone fears mediocrity ... I fear that happens when you give Smith, Howard or Jefferson the biggest contract on your team.

If we can get Josh or Big Al for less than max $$, that would be interesting.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Howard, I'd steer well away form him, even if it was possible that he'd be on DA's radar.  He's an immense talent but I don't think he's a leader, he doesn't make the players around him better and his year-long audition in a big market LA showed a lot of warts character-wise.  I don't think he's improved much as a player since he was drafted.

Unlike LeBron James, who has gone from supremely talented to the best all around player in the league, Howard is a guy who fill the stat sheets but who leaves a lot to desire in his overall game.  

If the C's are looking to get a center, they should focus on a younger, cheaper player with upside because I don't think anybody on that list puts them over the top, esp. if Pierce and KG leave.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think that list is currently overpaid, all the way down to Splitter, who will probably go well over 5mil per in his next contract.

Actually, I'd probably consider speights at his current salary level.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Because Bass signed his contract after the lockout.

All contracts signed after the lockout are not eligible for amnesty.

Weren't Pierce and KG signed last summer?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Big Al or Josh can be had for 13m per year. 

The question is: Would you pay them this amount of money.

1) IMO they are not worth it anyway.

2) They will make us a team just good enough to fight for the post season. That is the worst what can happpen. Better go to the lottery and wait until there are better players available.

If Howard is a loser, what is Big Al? The Lakers on their last legs pushed Big Al to the fishing department this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I agree it's better to have a firesale now.  Keep sully, AB, crawford.  Go young.  Draft well.  I wouldn't mind picking up a guy like Jevale McGee in trade but no older than that.

If Washington were able to get Howard they would be a contender.  I'm not a DH fan, but that would be a great fit.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Dwight Howard is too expensive and he's a headcase

Bynum is a huge risk, a headcase, and too expensive

Al Jefferson is worth $8M , but he plays no defense...

The absolute best player available with the most upside is Tiago Splitter , if the Celtics can sign him for $8M (first year) then that would be a dream come true....

Giving Al Jefferson more than $8M for 5 yrs will lock the Celtics into mediocracy for the forseeable  future....

.500 and first round playoff exits at best......would rather let Pierce and KG play it out and get into the lottery......

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Big Al or Josh can be had for 13m per year. 

The question is: Would you pay them this amount of money.

1) IMO they are not worth it anyway.

2) They will make us a team just good enough to fight for the post season. That is the worst what can happpen. Better go to the lottery and wait until there are better players available.

If Howard is a loser, what is Big Al? The Lakers  Kobe* on their last legs pushed Big Al to the fishing department this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Dwight Howard is too expensive and he's a headcase

Bynum is a huge risk, a headcase, and too expensive

Al Jefferson is worth $8M , but he plays no defense...

The absolute best player available with the most upside is Tiago Splitter , if the Celtics can sign him for $8M (first year) then that would be a dream come true....

Giving Al Jefferson more than $8M for 5 yrs will lock the Celtics into mediocracy for the forseeable  future....

.500 and first round playoff exits at best......would rather let Pierce and KG play it out and get into the lottery......

YES

Sections
Shortcuts