Listen to Doc

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Listen to Doc

Listen to Doc yes, but he needs to listen to someone regarding his use of younger players.

I get this sinking feeling this week's games with the Mavs, Bulls and Pacers again is going to be a reality check.  People on the bb are already annoyed that some are critical of the team's performance so far.  I will be glad to eat my words if we win the next three games.  My guess is we will lucky to win one most likely the Mavs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Listen to Doc yes, but he needs to listen to someone regarding his use of younger players.

I get this sinking feeling this week's games with the Mavs, Bulls and Pacers again is going to be a reality check.  People on the bb are already annoyed that some are critical of the team's performance so far.  I will be glad to eat my words if we win the next three games.  My guess is we will lucky to win one most likely the Mavs.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

When is Pietrus due back?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Listen to Doc:
    [QUOTE]Listen to Doc yes, but he needs to listen to someone regarding his use of younger players. I get this sinking feeling this week's games with the Mavs, Bulls and Pacers again is going to be a reality check.  People on the bb are already annoyed that some are critical of the team's performance so far.  I will be glad to eat my words if we win the next three games.  My guess is we will lucky to win one most likely the Mavs.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Intelligent prediction, Concord27.
    I've had lowered expectations for this Celtic team since Jeff Green aneurysm was discovered.  Year 5 of the 3 year plan and Rondo's inability to improve his game through practice in the offseason, and a contracted season with more back to backs, all work against us.
    The only hope I have for this team now is that basketball remains a streaky game and it is not the team who looks unbeatable at the beginning who wins as much as the team who looks unbeatable at the end.
    I won't give up until this season is done, but I do have a hard time not closing my eyes while watching this team sometimes.
    Pietrus should give us an uptick when he's cleared to play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]We can't replace Ray Allen because the Celts can't do without his shooting.  There are fans here who think Rondo is a good defender because Rondo made the All-Defensive team. Sure Rondo is always in the top 5 in steals, but is he fundamentally sound on defense? The New Orleans game exposed Rondo's weakness on D when Jarrett Jack seemed unstoppable when Rondo was in front him. Steals does not equal great defense.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

its just as easy to say "people think Russell Westbrook is a great pg bc he is on the All NBA team, but he takes ALOT of shots to get his points, and he doesnt involve his teammates at all.

also, i thought we werent judging on the pacers game, in which everyone was horrible? we also cant do w.o Rondo bc of his leadership and passing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]We can't replace Ray Allen because the Celts can't do without his shooting.  There are fans here who think Rondo is a good defender because Rondo made the All-Defensive team. Sure Rondo is always in the top 5 in steals, but is he fundamentally sound on defense? The New Orleans game exposed Rondo's weakness on D when Jarrett Jack seemed unstoppable when Rondo was in front him. Steals does not equal great defense.

its just as easy to say "people think Russell Westbrook is a great pg bc he is on the All NBA team, but he takes ALOT of shots to get his points, and he doesnt involve his teammates at all.

also, i thought we werent judging on the pacers game, in which everyone was horrible? we also cant do w.o Rondo bc of his leadership and passing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

OK, I'm listening...

But it's difficult to hear him complain about the D when this team has failed to put up 20 pts. in 5 of it's last 8 quarters of basketball.

To my old, failing eyes, the problem lies with their lack of scoring.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Rules have changed since I played and coached. But you still have to outscore the other guys. How do you do it?

Rebounding... duh. Every rebound is a potential 4-6 pt. swing. It's a hoop they don't get and one you hopefully will. We've been losing that one for years. People say it isn't that important anymore, because of the 3. Before the 3, the team that outrebounded the other always won. I still think you've got to win that battle.

Extra possessions... You've got to win the turnover war. Keep yours to a minimum and force them to turn it over.

Easy baskets... Bang it inside, get to the line more than they do,  and... RUN!!!

OK, now we can talk about the D.

I admit that I don't really know what they're doing. They're not playing man to man... nobody has... for years. Most of the newer schemes involve funnelling the ball to "the help." Forget about "Never give up the baseline." They all do now. There is supposed to be help there. So when you think somebody got beat... maybe not. It was the help that didn't get there. I'll leave that to Doc and his braintrust. They know what they're doing... BUT...

You've got to score!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rondo does tend to gamble a lot. He gets some steals from poking at the ball from behind. That means he does'nt keep his man in front of him very long.
    If he fails to "steal" the ball, his man attacks the middle, and our bigs have to leave their man in order to prevent a lay up. This puts a lot of pressure on our bigs and gets them in foul trouble, and in very poor rebounding position. The other team gets easy shots while we have to work twice as hard for ours.
     This is fixable and workable, but i'm sure very frustrating for the team. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]OK, I'm listening... But it's difficult to hear him complain about the D when this team has failed to put up 20 pts. in 5 of it's last 8 quarters of basketball. To my old, failing eyes, the problem lies with their lack of scoring.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

"...lack of scoring.".....particulary in the 4th quarter...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

One thing we do not know is what Doc and Danny think of Rondo.  They make sure they say all the right things but who knows.  Does Rondo play matador defense on the defensive end and Doc hates it we just don't know?

Doc it would seem has him on a short leash especially as our record hovers and perhaps sinks below .500 this week.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I agree with most of what has been said in this thread. Rondo could improve on defense but so could everybody on the team. They will be tested in the next 2 weeks and we will see what kind of team we have. Everytime we want to write this team off they seemed to put together a good streak and keep us hopeful. One day this will not happen and it could be this year. Hopefully Pietrus will give us a spark and we can get into the playoffs and put together a run. If that doesn't happen then we can trade for some draft picks and hope to sign KG and Ray at a lower rate and sign a major free agent. That would put us back in the hunt next year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo plays in spurts and is a near allstar but not a allstar or all defensive team member.  Rondo and Doc both go as the big three go.  Doc has trouble coaching when he needs to make changes during the game and his playing of certain players makes it look like this is a rebuilding year and it ant.  He gets a pass form most but he is the coach and he does call the sets and does determine who plays and when.  Observation:  Bass and the Steamer should play more. We need to get, buy or whatever, another scorer , mabey we have him already , but will Doc use him. Much depends on Doc Rivers and I hope he delivers but he seem lost this year, mabey the fact that he had a very strong assistant coach with him the past five years needs to be looked at.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Listen to Doc : Westbrook's problem is he takes a lot of shots. That's the only negative about his game. Remember, he's only 23 years old! Rondo is in year 6, will he still improve? I doubt it. Rondo has reached his full potential.

thats NOT his only negative. he, whether you like to believe it or not, is a poor 3 pt shooter. look at his percentage if you dont believe it. he also is a HORRIBLE distributor. horrible. the knock on westbrook has always been " he doesnt belong at the 1 position because he doesnt know how to run the position, has no distribution skills wat so ever." he gets 3 or 4 assists a game simply by passing off to the best scorer in the game in KD. other than that, hes a 2 at the 1 position. we have a serviceable 2 that can score, we dont need another one. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

wow our guards struggle to defend penetration, good job trading Perk then to give the team no safety netWink

25. This post has been removed.