Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99

Little Lithuania  almost beat our NBA best players Sat at the Olympics leading with under 6 minutes left. Most of the players on the Lithuania team would be bench warmers or second tier players in the NBA. Danny Ainge would have no use for any of them.Danny could have had Jasikevicius but felt the guard was to slow for the NBA. As we saw Saturday these slow players took it to our very best American players and with a little luck could of and should have won the game.The officials tried to give the game to the Americans by sending them to the charity line 31 times while awarding the Lithuania team only 15 fouls shots.Even in the Olympics TV revenue decides who wins and advances .Without the American team TV ratings would be down and NBC would loose money.

The bigger question is how can players who would not even start in the NBA beat the very best NBA players ?? Maybe the answer is the NBA is not true basketball anymore but more about show and style points. Watching the Olympic basketball games is a breath of fresh air compared to watching the slow down one on one NBA game.

I loved watching Kleiza score 25 points against the NBA stars and dominate the game,yet he plays for the Raptors and would never be considered for the all star team and never recruited by Danny I hate international players Ainge.

Go Argentina !! today at 5 PM

Take care RunLaughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99

Run is a cowardly racist as usual, his points ignorant and useless

but since I'm half Lithuanian I will give credit to my grandparents country for a gutsy and well played effort!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99:
    [QUOTE]Leave it to Celtic fans to cheer against their own country. SMH Wow!!
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

Bye 

We are not rooting aganist the US team but rooting for the underdog and their old school style of play. The US players have lost the fast break and play star ball.

The Lakers next year with Nash will play old school style hoop and might win the Title.

Run

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99 :   Ram So you were rooting for Lithuania because your half Lithuanian? strange because you think I'm racist for wanting Klieza on the C's. What a paradox. Look deep into your soul and tell me you don't like the type of game and style Lithuania played- uptempo great passing?Unlike our C's one on one slow ball. take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

Kleiza is worse than Jeff Green and plays the same position, I would rather have Wilcox than him...

Did you bother to read my post or just instantly spout your KKK trash? I 'gave them credit' for the effort... despite being 50% Lithuanian and no Celtics being on team USA I still root for my country, unlike you, racist loser

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

to be fair with kobe --- if he will score 30 then you will call him kome.
    he can do it anytime if he wants

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Most annoying thing regarding the US men's team in the Australian coverage, is they're referred to as "the Dream Team". Just typical of the lazy journalism that is out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

[QUOTE]Leave it to Celtic fans to cheer against their own country. SMH Wow!!
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

Leave it to Lakers fans to threaten the life of a player and his family on their own team. SMH

WOW!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Slow down folks.  Lithuania played a perfectly executed game and still lost.  The US believed the hype from their 83 point win and did not come out prepared.  We played NO DEFENSE whatsoever.  Our best player did not even get engaged until crunchtime and when he did, the outcome was never in doubt.

Then yesteday came Argentina.  When this US team focuses and wants to play, there is nobody who can play with them.  They supposedly lack an inside presence and they aren't physical and that is what Argentina tried to exploit.  Hey, you cannot out-physical a 6'8" 260 pound athletic freak like Lebron James.  You cannot out-physical Chris Paul.  Eventually, it wears you down.  Did Ginobilli even score in the 2nd half?

When this team plays defense, they are unbeatable even with the players on the roster.  No matter how great someone executes against them, they'll never keep it up for all four quarters better than the US.

So, as great a game as Lituania played, they lost as did Argentina.  We're the best and we will bring home the gold.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]runrunandrun please do us all a favor run in traffic and then run in front of a bus. You make everything black and white. The Celtics play old school basketball for the most part. They are very cohesive on defense and share the ball on offense. It's about the best fit for the team not the color of his skin. Other than Steve Nash what white FA's were out there and why would we sign him when we have Rondo who is younger and better than Nash. We wanted Steimsma Minnesota offered him more money than he was worth at the time. You then run down a Lithuania fan who never said anything about the Celtics in his post and you were all over him. Personally I dislike most most of the team USA roster and how they play. I'd love to see a team take those smug looks of there faces. It's sad you come here spewing hate. If this is your exhistance I truly feel bad for you my friend. Dfury13
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

DFURY
     You state you dislike the American team and would like some international team to take the smile off their faces, which is ironic because my blog is basically the same idea and yet you say you don't agree with the blog???

You are very confused,admitting you don't like the American All Star players and wishing they would get their smiles wiped out by international teams.Yet you don't want any international players on the C's??

You my friend have issues.
    Take care Run

PS  If Boston wanted Greg they could have signed him anytime last year or this year. Greg was not in Doc's plans or Danny's plans,too bad only rebounder and shot blocker they have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99 : Kleiza is worse than Jeff Green and plays the same position, I would rather have Wilcox than him... Did you bother to read my post or just instantly spout your KKK trash? I 'gave them credit' for the effort... despite being 50% Lithuanian and no Celtics being on team USA I still root for my country , unlike you, racist loser
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Rame

So you think Green is better then Kleiza, even though Kleiza scored 25 points against the NBA All Stars?  Green career is sadly over,he will never be the player he was,which was not very good anyway. For his own health he should retire and live a long life. Aortic Valve replacement patients should not be playing in the NBA.For the record I am not a racist and you know it. I love all people of all races. You my friend are the closet racist and you need a anger management class or 10.

Take it easy Run

Run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]Most annoying thing regarding the US men's team in the Australian coverage, is they're referred to as "the Dream Team". Just typical of the lazy journalism that is out there.
    Posted by Skins and Heart[/QUOTE]

This is because Austrailia is horrid in basketball and does not get too watch the NBA stars except once every 4 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99 : That is not true!!  They could only give him a pre-determined qualifying offer, which they did.  Not having played the season before, they had no Bird rights.  Therefore, they were unable to match the MN offer.  Sorry that you got that confused, but color had nothing to do with it!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you are squabbling over a complete and total scrub of a player, right?

LMAO!!!

ignorance begets ignorance

Laughing 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99 : Rame   So you think Green is better then Kleiza, even though Kleiza scored 25 points against the NBA All Stars?  Green career is sadly over,he will never be the player he was,which was not very good anyway. For his own health he should retire and live a long life. Aortic Valve replacement patients should not be playing in the NBA.For the record I am not a racist and you know it. I love all people of all races. You my friend are the closet racist and you need a anger management class or 10. Take it easy Run Run

Scoring points is only part of the game, you should know that!  Green will be better than Kleiza in the long run......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99 : Rame   So you think Green is better then Kleiza, even though Kleiza scored 25 points against the NBA All Stars?  Green career is sadly over,he will never be the player he was,which was not very good anyway. For his own health he should retire and live a long life. Aortic Valve replacement patients should not be playing in the NBA.  For the record I am not a racist and you know it. I love all people of all races. You my friend are the closet racist and you need a anger management class or 10. Take it easy Run Run

Run, what does Kleiza scoring 25 points in an Olympic game have to do with your assertion that he's better than Jeff Green?  If he had scored 5, I guess you would have been convinced, huh?

What evidence do you have that Green's career is "sadly" over?  How do you know he won't return and be a steady contributor this season and get even better with each passing season?  What information do you have about Green that the Celtics don't have about his career?

And why shouldn't aortic valve replacement patients be able to play in the NBA?  Are you a doctor specializing in aortic valve replacements?

Everything about your post is "your opinion".  Nothing you post has any validity other than you simply "saying it".

You don't make much sense!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99 : Run, what does Kleiza scoring 25 points in an Olympic game have to do with your assertion that he's better than Jeff Green?  If he had scored 5, I guess you would have been convinced, huh? What evidence do you have that Green's career is "sadly" over?  How do you know he won't return and be a steady contributor this season and get even better with each passing season?  What information do you have about Green that the Celtics don't have about his career? And why shouldn't aortic valve replacement patients be able to play in the NBA?  Are you a doctor specializing in aortic valve replacements? Everything about your post is "your opinion".  Nothing you post has any validity other than you simply "saying it". You don't make much sense!
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I dont think run is referring to Green not playing in the NBA, but more about playing for the Celtics.  It is common knowledge that Celtic players with heart issues more frequently than not, end up with a tragic ending.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lithuania 94 NBA ALL Stars 99 : Run, what does Kleiza scoring 25 points in an Olympic game have to do with your assertion that he's better than Jeff Green?  If he had scored 5, I guess you would have been convinced, huh? What evidence do you have that Green's career is "sadly" over?  How do you know he won't return and be a steady contributor this season and get even better with each passing season?  What information do you have about Green that the Celtics don't have about his career? And why shouldn't aortic valve replacement patients be able to play in the NBA?  Are you a doctor specializing in aortic valve replacements? Everything about your post is "your opinion".  Nothing you post has any validity other than you simply "saying it". You don't make much sense!
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Good points, Petey!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Argentina did in basketball what they do in soccer; get unapologetically dirty when they are losing (groin shot to Melo). Team Argnentina is perfect fit for you run.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]Argentina did in basketball what they do in soccer; get unapologetically dirty when they are losing (groin shot to Melo). Team Argnentina is perfect fit for you run.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Actually,,, "Campazzo said after the game he apologized to Kobe Bryant but not to Anthony, because Chris Paul hadn't apologized for punching him earlier in the game."

I guess this just further exemplifies that Kobe is the most respected basketball player in the world. Too bad for Celtics fan that they have no-one to watch at the olympics. Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Watching Lithuania & Argentina too was a little reminiscent of our Celtics ending up losing to the Heat. There is no question that individually those two teams had no one who could compare to the skills of LeBron, Durant & Paul. We, also, had no one as athletic as LeBron. These international teams played a slow ball sort of half court game we do relying on great defense and passing the ball to the open man. When the Heat get behind, LeBron, a super star, takes over and no body can stop him. The foul shot difference of 31 to 15 reminded me too of game 7 vs Lakers when it was 41-18 and also game 2 vs Heat when we blew an 18 pt lead but LeBron shot more foul shots than the whole Celtic team.

No question I am rooting for the Americans as I want us to be Numero #1 in Golds(might be tough to catch China)...I am of Italian decent & root for Italia too...but something within me always wants to root for an underdog especially against a team with a couple of guys with huge ego's, Kobe & LeBron, and some comments they could have beaten our DREAM TEAM of 20 years ago. I loved Bird's comment that YUP he thought this year's team would win because they are 20 years older.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Run is a cowardly racist as usual, his points ignorant and useless but since I'm half Lithuanian I will give credit to my grandparents country for a gutsy and well played effort!
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I'm half Lithuanian myself.

Sveikas!

Sorry I missed the game.

Sections
Shortcuts