Lockout gets more foolish by the day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Lockout gets more foolish by the day

Here is my take on this. The reasons some of these owners don't make real money is bad stadium deals(us), bad cities for hoops, NO and TOR are right at the top of the list. Stupid owners that are clueless on how to put a competetive product out there(NY, CHA), Too cheap (LAC).

A. There are too many teams, B. The players have too many options as every big name player can go to europe tomorrow and play. C. The owners need to realize these players are why they get buts in the seats and if they don't know how to do that they shouldn't be owning a franchise to begin with.

I'm not siding with the players. I think there needs to be some give and take and salaries need to come down a little, but they are the main reason I have season tickets.

The bottom line is the owners provide the platform for these guys to perform and in return if the owners have a competetive product they can make the money back on the investment in said players. So what I'm saying is if these owners aren't making money they have a bad product by investing in the wrong guys via free agency or the draft or are not spending what is necessary to compete and create a fan base and these are the idiots crying poor mouth and holding this thing up with Stern.

It's time for David Stern to step up, grow a set and force a deal. Not just sit there and let these guys deliberate. They had there chance, they've gotten knowhere. Stern neeeds to draft something that gives both sides middle ground and end this. Roger Godell is an idiot and he at least got involved and guess what we'll have football this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Lockout gets more foolish by the day

All of this is going to take time to sort out... probably a long time.

Both sides are going to need to feel the $$$$ pinch... since this is all about $$$... and $$$$ talks.

Its not the lockout that looks more and more foolish by the day. Its what led up to the current impasse over the years that looks really stupid upon close inspection.

The lockout represents a mechanism to make a mid course correction in the financial health of the league.... which is desperately needed.

Don't be in any hurry for a resolution. Otherwise you are going to look foolish.

Pud 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Lockout gets more foolish by the day:
    [QUOTE]Here is my take on this. The reasons some of these owners don't make real money is bad stadium deals(us), bad cities for hoops, NO and TOR are right at the top of the list. Stupid owners that are clueless on how to put a competetive product out there(NY, CHA), Too cheap (LAC). A. There are too many teams, B. The players have too many options as every big name player can go to europe tomorrow and play. C. The owners need to realize these players are why they get buts in the seats and if they don't know how to do that they shouldn't be owning a franchise to begin with. I'm not siding with the players. I think there needs to be some give and take and salaries need to come down a little, but they are the main reason I have season tickets. The bottom line is the owners provide the platform for these guys to perform and in return if the owners have a competetive product they can make the money back on the investment in said players. So what I'm saying is if these owners aren't making money they have a bad product by investing in the wrong guys via free agency or the draft or are not spending what is necessary to compete and create a fan base and these are the idiots crying poor mouth and holding this thing up with Stern. It's time for David Stern to step up, grow a set and force a deal. Not just sit there and let these guys deliberate. They had there chance, they've gotten knowhere. Stern neeeds to draft something that gives both sides middle ground and end this. Roger Godell is an idiot and he at least got involved and guess what we'll have football this year.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Appears to me  that you  are 100% on the players side.I would like to see no NBA seasson this year,maybe it would help both sides to compromiseNever heard of a partnership where the ones who puts the money up gets 43% and the other side gets 57% when the league is loosing $ 300 millions a year.This is a country or what ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

I'm not siding with the players, but you can't blame them for saying yes to a contract either. Like I said some of these owners have bad gm's or don't give the gm's the authority to effectively do there jobs by getting the right mix of players or spending to the cap to compete, thus they have no butts in the seats and are losing money. A lot of it has to do with how an owner runs there team.

The owners provide that platform and there needs to be some give and take with the players and the contract money has to come down. I think many of these guys are overpaid. The Celtics as much as I like there ownership group allowed themselves to stay in an aweful stadium deal. Yes free rent, but no concessions, no money from the concerts and other events there. It blows. They should have explored going for a new stadium so they can benefit from all these things and generate more revenue. Another example of an ownership putting themselves in a bad spot business wise. Yes the product is great, but they don't have the revenue streams other teams have.

You can blame the players all you want and again I'm not siding with them there salaries are disgusting, but the owners need to look in the mirror at least half of them should and say how can I squeeze more money out of this? What am I doing wrong? Why am I losing money? Just sayin'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I guess its possible some NBA clubs are in real financial trouble or they see it looming on the horizon.  Meanwhile the players don't want to give in too much.  Its possible they don't want to lose too much needless money if there is an economic recovery.  In that case, some Unions and Companies will do a short term contract or do a regular length contract with the option to reopen specific points for renegotiation. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Bottom line is that we the fans get the worst end of the deal. I am wondering how many of us will not watch it for a couple of years or ever. I am on the fence right now and may not watch it just out of spite :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

If I pay for tickets this year and they don't get Howard and I'm forced to watch a rebuilding process next year I'm finished because I'm totally blaming the lockout for it. Ray and KG will be gone. and Rondo becomes the Paul Pierce of the early 2000's with no help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Lockout gets more foolish by the day:
    [QUOTE]If I pay for tickets this year and they don't get Howard and I'm forced to watch a rebuilding process next year I'm finished because I'm totally blaming the lockout for it. Ray and KG will be gone. and Rondo becomes the Paul Pierce of the early 2000's with no help.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]
    I don't think the Cavs could get Howard.  So if that doesn't happen, I hope he goes to Boston.  Baby and Howard would put the bruisin' on the rest of the league.  Also, Rondo, the mature Big Three and Howard would very possibly have enough to win a Championship.

Sections
Shortcuts