Look how deep we are...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Look how deep we are...

If we didnt play any of our starters we would have this depth:

1st unit

pg   bradley
    sg   d.west
    sf   Wafer
    pf   JO
    c    Shaq

Bench

pg  nate
    sg  daniels
    sf  harangody
    pf  BBD
    c   Erden

I´m not telling that this team would fight for a spot in the playoffs(altough i think they could)

But think about it,even without our starting five
    we wouldnt be the worst team in the league;
    I even think we still would be better then half dozen of teams(toronto;wolves;detroit;maybe the cavs...)

There arent any teams that could say the same about their rosters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Look how deep we are...

Here is a tape measure, take the mesurement of your kitchen area, then take the measurement on the Celtics roster and see if you come out with real depth.
    See if you can measure something you can't see.

The group have not played a single game and you know how depth they are?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

I agree with CHE on this one. Plus we are talking about Shaq and Jermaine O'Neil right? and a bench that has Daniels, how'd he fair last year? Harangody, hasnt played a single NBA minute. Nate, and Erden? That team would most certainly contend for last place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

This years Celtic team has a very deep bench. I can't remember when they had such a deep bench. Possibly in 86. I'm feeling great about this season. I can't wait til it starts. Fortunately baseball is keeping me occupied right now as I'm enjoying the NL West division race.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are...:
    This years Celtic team has a very deep bench. I can't remember when they had such a deep bench. Possibly in 86. I'm feeling great about this season. I can't wait til it starts. Fortunately baseball is keeping me occupied right now as I'm enjoying the NL West division race.
    Posted by mem17

The 2007-2008 season when they won the championship was a team with a much better bench than this current one. 

No.PlayerPosHtWtBirth DateExpCollege
    20Ray AllenG6-5205July 20, 197511University of Connecticut
    42Tony AllenG6-4213January 11, 19823Oklahoma State University
    93P.J. BrownF-C6-11225October 14, 196914Louisiana Tech University
    28Sam CassellG6-3185November 18, 196914Florida State University
    11Glen DavisF6-9289January 1, 1986RLouisiana State University
    5Kevin GarnettF6-11220May 19, 197612 
    50Eddie HouseG6-1180May 14, 19787Arizona State University
    43Kendrick PerkinsC6-10280November 10, 19844 
    34Paul PierceF6-6230October 13, 19779University of Kansas
    66Scot PollardC6-11265February 12, 197510University of Kansas
    41James PoseyF-G6-8215January 13, 19778Xavier University
    0Leon PoweF6-8240January 22, 19841University of California
    13Gabe PruittG6-4170April 19, 1986RUniversity of Southern California
    9Rajon RondoG6-1171February 22, 19861University of Kentucky
    44Brian ScalabrineF6-9241March 18, 19786University of Southern California

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Not true.  Cassell and Brown were late season acquisitions..........Tony Allen was hurt, Pollard and Pruitt were stiffs, and of course Scal. We miss Posey and Leon...............but our bench overall is better.......thanks for sharing......worry about your own team!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

And yet you've posted enough comments about the Lakers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : And yet you've posted enough comments about the Lakers?
    Posted by RUMcHale

I think I touched a nerve or something. I remember that 2008 bench in the finals, and it killed the Lakers. That was a pretty balanced roster, almost as balanced as the Lakers roster is this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : I think I touched a nerve or something. I remember that 2008 bench in the finals, and it killed the Lakers. That was a pretty balanced roster, almost as balanced as the Lakers roster is this year.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

The starters killed the lakers that year, too.  And our bench is better this year since Cassell and Brown were both mid-season acquisitions, and Pollard and Pruitt never played, and Tony Allen was hurt.

And your team is not balanced, either.  It's still koME and the Spaniard and a bunch of (very good) role players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : The starters killed the lakers that year, too.  And our bench is better this year since Cassell and Brown were both mid-season acquisitions, and Pollard and Pruitt never played, and Tony Allen was hurt. And your team is not balanced, either.  It's still koME and the Spaniard and a bunch of (very good) role players.
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Not balanced?? The back to back World Champions and 3peat Western Conference Champions!

Stick your head in the sand but with the Lakers back court- Bynum/Gasol/Artest along with Kobe and a bench of Odom/Blake etc the Lakers are more than balanced. Why oh God do celtic fans delude themselves into thinking the Lakers aren't real.

Really defies logic!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Would you guys rather have Ratliff, Odom, Barnes, Vujacic, and Blake instead? 

HAHAHA!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Not balanced?? The back to back World Champions and 3peat Western Conference Champions! Stick your head in the sand but with the Lakers back court- Bynum/Gasol/Artest along with Kobe and a bench of Odom/Blake etc the Lakers are more than balanced. Why oh God do celtic fans delude themselves into thinking the Lakers aren't real. Really defies logic!
    Posted by RUMcHale

The Lakers 1 through 10 might be the most balanced team in the NBA. They can play any style and win championships doing it. The Lakers just beat the Celtics playing their style. You would think these guys would learn this lesson at some point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

Would you guys rather have Ratliff, Odom, Barnes, Vujacic, and Blake instead?  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

The Lakers playoff rotation is as follows:

Fisher/Blake
    Kobe/Brown
    Artest/Barnes
    Gasol/Odom
    Bynum/Gasol

You better laugh, because if you don't, it make make you cry. Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : The Lakers playoff rotation is as follows: Fisher/Blake Kobe/Brown Artest/Barnes Gasol/Odom Bynum/Gasol You better laugh, because if you don't, it make make you cry. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

You're cheating! How can the starting PF become the backup Center also???

Why are you denying the fact that Theo Ratliff is the backup Center?

Pau Gasol to play 82 games as the starting PF and another 82 games as the backup Center, hmm...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Not balanced?? The back to back World Champions and 3peat Western Conference Champions! Stick your head in the sand but with the Lakers back court- Bynum/Gasol/Artest along with Kobe and a bench of Odom/Blake etc the Lakers are more than balanced. Why oh God do celtic fans delude themselves into thinking the Lakers aren't real. Really defies logic!
    Posted by RUMcHale

The Lakers are real alright, REAL LUCKY! If Perkins didn't get injured in Game 6 the Lakers would have lost another Game 7 in the Finals against the Boston Celtics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : You're cheating! How can the starting PF become the backup Center also??? Why are you denying the fact that Theo Ratliff is the backup Center? Pau Gasol to play 82 games as the starting PF and another 82 games as the backup Center, hmm...
    Posted by P34

Let me ask you something. The Lakers start the game out with Gasol and Bynum at power forward and center respectively. When the Lakers go to the bench and replace Bynum with Odom as per usual, who plays center? When the Lakers played the series against the Celtics last season, who played the bulk of the minutes at center when Bynum was out? Mbenga, who Ratliff is replacing, didn't even play in the series. So who is the Lakers back-up center?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

There is NO way Phil goes 10 deep in the playoffs, and according to YOU, Gasol plays the whole game...........I hope that's true.  48 for 82, he should be nice and tired.

Why oh why do lakers fans refuse to admit that Ratliff is taking the mins of TWO people.

Rondo/Nate
    Allen/West..............3 of those 4 are better than yours, and Ray is a future Hall of Famer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : The Lakers are real alright, REAL LUCKY! If Perkins didn't get injured in Game 6 the Lakers would have lost another Game 7 in the Finals against the Boston Celtics.
    Posted by P34

What ifs will get you nothing every time. What if Kobe didn't go into a shooting slump in game 7? What if Bynum was able to play on both legs throughout the series? Conversation like this, from either side, is just not worth the trouble of the discussion. It is a losers mentality to even entertain this kind of tripe. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : What ifs will get you nothing every time. What if Kobe didn't go into a shooting slump in game 7? What if Bynum was able to play on both legs throughout the series? Conversation like this, from either side, is just not worth the trouble of the discussion. It is a losers mentality to even entertain this kind of tripe. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

Exactly what we have been saying for 3 years!!  So, 2008 what ifs' apply here also, right?  To discuss 2008 anymore is tripe!  We won, you lost.  2010, you won, we lost - let's all move along smartly now!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Let me ask you something. The Lakers start the game out with Gasol and Bynum at power forward and center respectively. When the Lakers go to the bench and replace Bynum with Odom as per usual, who plays center? When the Lakers played the series against the Celtics last season, who played the bulk of the minutes at center when Bynum was out? Mbenga, who Ratliff is replacing, didn't even play in the series. So who is the Lakers back-up center?
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

That's good! Let Gasol play 48 minutes every game for 82 games. You're right, Gasol is the backup C. Go Gasol, go get injured.

HAHAHA!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : What ifs will get you nothing every time. What if Kobe didn't go into a shooting slump in game 7? What if Bynum was able to play on both legs throughout the series? Conversation like this, from either side, is just not worth the trouble of the discussion. It is a losers mentality to even entertain this kind of tripe. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

Loser's mentality? A loser can be defined as a Laker fan talking trash in a Boston Celtics forum.

HAHAHA!!!

No one listens to you in your own forum?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

There is NO way Phil goes 10 deep in the playoffs, and according to YOU, Gasol plays the whole game...........I hope that's true.  48 for 82, he should be nice and tired. Why oh why do lakers fans refuse to admit that Ratliff is taking the mins of TWO people. Rondo/Nate Allen/West..............3 of those 4 are better than yours, and Ray is a future Hall of Famer
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Ratliff replaces Mbenga, and Caracter replaces Powell. Neither guy plays much more than garbage minutes. 

The Lakers front court is versatile enough that no one has to play the whole game. The Lakers can offer three very effective looks with their three players and not tax anyone too hard.

Gasol/Bynum
    Odom/Gasol
    Odom/Bynum

Versatility has its advantages, and this is as versatile a front court as the NBA has to offer. Check the minutes for yourself if you don't believe me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Loser's mentality? A loser can be defined as a Laker fan talking trash in a Boston Celtics forum. HAHAHA!!! No one listens to you in your own forum?
    Posted by P34

Have it your way, feel better now?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Have it your way, feel better now?
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

Don't forget that it was Bynum's injury in 2008 that brought Gasol to LA. 

You feel better having Rick Fox's picture as your avatar? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Don't forget that it was Bynum's injury in 2008 that brought Gasol to LA. 
    Posted by P34

Is there a point in there somewhere? From where I am standing, the only point to it is three straight finals appearances, and two championships since. 

Sections
Shortcuts