Look how deep we are...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Look how deep we are...

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Ratliff replaces Mbenga, and Caracter replaces Powell. Neither guy plays much more than garbage minutes.  The Lakers front court is versatile enough that no one has to play the whole game. The Lakers can offer three very effective looks with their three players and not tax anyone too hard. Gasol/Bynum Odom/Gasol Odom/Bynum Versatility has its advantages, and this is as versatile a front court as the NBA has to offer. Check the minutes for yourself if you don't believe me.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, that's true. I'm all for it, play Bynum, Gasol, and Odom ONLY for 82 games. I'm 100% sure they will not be fatigued when it's playoff time. And I know for a fact that Bynum, Gasol, and Odom will NEVER suffer any injuries in 2011. 

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Yes, yes, that's true. I'm all for it, play Bynum, Gasol, and Odom ONLY for 82 games. I'm 100% sure they will not be fatigued when it's playoff time. And I know for a fact that Bynum, Gasol, and Odom will NEVER suffer any injuries in 2011.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Nobody is saying there will not be injuries. Gasol and Bynum each missed 17 games last year, and Kobe missed 9 games. Mbenga and Powell still played very little. The end result was a #1 seed out of the west, and another appointment with the ring fitter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Nobody is saying there will not be injuries. Gasol and Bynum each missed 17 games last year, and Kobe missed 9 games. Mbenga and Powell still played very little. The end result was a #1 seed out of the west, and another appointment with the ring fitter.

Hey, I'm all for it! I really would prefer the Lakers not play Ratliff at all. Let Bynum, Gasol, and Odom play 40 minutes per game for 82 games. That would really be ideal for most of us here. Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : You're kinda dumb. The point is if Bynum didn't get injured the Lakers would not have traded for Gasol.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Well, since I am so dumb, why don't you break it down for me. Why should I care about this? I read what you are saying, I think I understand it, and all I think about it is so what. Why should this concern me at all? 

Let me get this straight. Bynum gets hurt in 2008, the Lakers go out and get Gasol. The Lakers now have the best front court in the NBA, and as a result the Lakers have been to three straight finals, and won two championships. Am I supposed to be upset about this or something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Hey, I'm all for it! I really would prefer the Lakers not play Ratliff at all. Let Bynum, Gasol, and Odom play 40 minutes per game for 82 games. That would really be ideal for most of us here. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

It doesn't work that way. The minutes between those three guys work out pretty well. Nobody has to play 40 minutes per game for 82 games.

Gasol played 37 minutes per game
    Bynum played 30.4 minutes per game
    Odom played 31.5 minutes per game

Mbenga and Powell played nothing but minimum junk minutes last year. This really isn't the issue you are trying to make it out to be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Great job tonight Rick, on Dancing With the Stars.  Kerri Ann really "admired" your dancing!

And no way Phil plays Caracter in the playoffs!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]Great job tonight Rick, on Dancing With the Stars.  Kerri Ann really "admired" your dancing! And no way Phil plays Caracter in the playoffs!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Yea, he probably wont be playing Caracter too much in the playoffs. Kind of like he didn't play Mbenga and Powell too much in the playoffs last year. Playoff rotations tend to shorten all these kind of guys out of the action for most every team. 

I think I covered this in an earlier post when I posted:

The Lakers playoff rotation is as follows:

Fisher/Blake
    Kobe/Brown
    Artest/Barnes
    Gasol/Odom
    Bynum/Gasol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : It doesn't work that way. The minutes between those three guys work out pretty well. Nobody has to play 40 minutes per game for 82 games. Gasol played 37 minutes per game Bynum played 30.4 minutes per game Odom played 31.5 minutes per game Mbenga and Powell played nothing but minimum junk minutes last year. This really isn't the issue you are trying to make it out to be.

Once again you're right! This year I hope Ratliff and Caracter will not even average 1 minute per game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Yea, he probably wont be playing Caracter too much in the playoffs. Kind of like he didn't play Mbenga and Powell too much in the playoffs last year. Playoff rotations tend to shorten all these kind of guys out of the action for most every team.  I think I covered this in an earlier post when I posted: The Lakers playoff rotation is as follows: Fisher/Blake Kobe/Brown Artest/Barnes Gasol/Odom Bynum/Gasol

You assume too much. It's not a given that the Lakers will make the playoffs. What if Kobe suddenly dies?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Once again you're right! This year I hope Ratliff and Caracter will not even average 1 minute per game. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Well your hopes will probably be dashed, because they both will probably pick up something similar to what Mbenga and Powell played last year. 

Mbenga played in 49 games and averaged 7:12 minutes per.
    Powell played in 63 games and averaged 11 minutes per. 

Typical bit-playing bench players who pick up some garbage time on a good team during the regular season, and then out of the playoff rotation. These guys just aren't significant to the Lakers, and not the issue that you wish they were. But they will probably play more than 1 minute like you are wanting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : You assume too much. It's not a given that the Lakers will make the playoffs. What if Kobe suddenly dies?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Anything can happen I guess. The Celtics plane could crash too, but I don't dwell on unlikely morbid events too much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Anything can happen I guess. The Celtics plane could crash too, but I don't dwell on unlikely morbid events too much.

If it does happen and Kobe dies will you cry?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : If it does happen and Kobe dies will you cry?
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

I don't really know. Will you cry if the Celtics lose all their players in a plane crash? I think this whole way of thinking is too silly to really consider seriously, don't you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Anything can happen I guess. The Celtics plane could crash too, but I don't dwell on unlikely morbid events too much.

-

It's a shame that posters and fans like yourself don't have a good LA forum to post to.  I always feel sorry for people like you who have to come on another team's forum to express yourselves.  You obviously know what you are talking about and are more than an able match for most posters here.

Still, it diminishes our forum, in my opinion, when C's fans get into a whizzing contest with LA fans: that is not what this forum is meant to be about.

The league is not about Boston v La, and the verbiage wasted on this so-called rivalry is B-O-R-I-N-G.

I can't wait for the games to begin so we can get past this very boring period and have something real to discuss.

I thank the god I don't believe in for the Taint of 2010, or else I would be engaged in the same boring sniping that is going on in numerous threads on this forum.  LoL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I don't want him to die - I want them at full strength................then again, I want to admit what he did in CO, so we can't always get what we want!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : I don't really know. Will you cry if the Celtics lose all their players in a plane crash? I think this whole way of thinking is too silly to really consider seriously, don't you?

No, I don't think it's silly because if the Celtics were told that after Draft night Len Bias would die then the Celtics would not have picked him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]I don't want him to die - I want them at full strength................then again, I want to admit what he did in CO, so we can't always get what we want!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

There's no way the Lakers will be at full strength this season. Not with Odom spending so much time in Turkey. And for the 3rd straight season Andrew Bynum is once again recovering from another knee injury. 

Don't forget that Kobe, Fisher, Odom, Gasol, and Artest are a year older. The difference is the Celtics have a deep bench while the Lakers have Vujacic. Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

The Lakers are the best team in basketball....period! With a fully fit Kobe, Gasol finally having a summer off and upgrades with Blake and Barnes there's no doubt they are the team to beat.

Just a shame DA didn't pull off any significant moves unless you want to count Shaq, I don't though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers are the best team in basketball....period! With a fully fit Kobe, Gasol finally having a summer off and upgrades with Blake and Barnes there's no doubt they are the team to beat. Just a shame DA didn't pull off any significant moves unless you want to count Shaq, I don't though.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

Team USA is the best team in basketball right now. How many gold medals do the Lakers have? 

Even the Celtics have more NBA championships than the Lakers right now so you're just an insecure and biased Laker troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Team USA is the best team in basketball right now. How many gold medals do the Lakers have?  Even the Celtics have more NBA championships than the Lakers right now so you're just an insecure and biased Laker troll.

Lakers/Heat/Orlando/Celtics/Mavs/Thunder v Team USA= Team USA gets swept!

The Celts have more championships but if the next 10 years is anything like the last 10 then you're argument is out the window.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : No, I don't think it's silly because if the Celtics were told that after Draft night Len Bias would die then the Celtics would not have picked him. 

If you are dwelling on which player is going to drop dead this season, I genuinely feel sorry for you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Team USA is the best team in basketball right now. How many gold medals do the Lakers have?  Even the Celtics have more NBA championships than the Lakers right now so you're just an insecure and biased Laker troll.

Come on man, seriously. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Lakers/Heat/Orlando/Celtics/Mavs/Thunder v Team USA= Team USA gets swept! The Celts have more championships but if the next 10 years is anything like the last 10 then you're argument is out the window.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Lakers can beat Team USA because Odom is from Team USA. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]Would you guys rather have Ratliff, Odom, Barnes, Vujacic, and Blake instead?  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Odom however is better then any reserve we have ... Barnes and Blake aren't that bad. But overall their starting five is a better than ours. However I think we can definitly beat them.