Looking ahead: Center Position

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Looking ahead: Center Position

Hey guys!!!, how's everyone doing? it's been a while since the last time i posted here, i had a problem with my account i'm glad it's resolved. Anyway i don't need to tell you how well Kevin Garnett has been playing since he was move to the 5 spot and that being said i think he should be resigned. This brings up a question, is Boston better off signing to be the centeer instead of going after someone like Chris Kaman and havinng KG back to the 4? we have the money to sign a starting center and it widely known we need one but with KG at the 5 it might be best to sign solid backup bigs off the bench instead of bringing in a legit starting center, what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Looking ahead: Center Position

I think we should resign KG and let him play center....look for bigs in the draft (or a trade to get Austin Rivers..?)  ......also, give JJ more minutes in his second season (after having a full training camp/pre season to get ready).....keep Bass and Pietrus....along with "the Steamer".....resign Ray as a scorer off the bench...?

I like the nucleus we have....age and all....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

My gut tells me KG will retire at the end of the year..........can't explain it, just a feeling.......so I think we need to draft AND sign a center for the future!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

You try to draft a C with that top pick. Maybe one of the solid kids falls. If they don't you draft Melo, then see what you can get in FA. If KG is back, you can be more choosy. If a solid C isn't out there, get a banger of a PF and use KG as your stretch center, then pair Bass with Steamer. Either way, gotta draft a C with one of the top 2 picks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I love what KG has done for us, especially in closing out the Hawks & in Game 1 vs Philly. But he has played Center as a necessity but I would not waste him permanently in Center spot. He is not a Banger like Bynum, D.Howard, Hibbert & even softer Gasol who is taller. He probably has more guts & heart than any of them but just doesn't have the youth and body weight.  Yup, he can put in a rebound but he's more effective playing PF and is deadly 10-15 ft out shooting almost 50%.  Heck, he's turned into our best perimeter shooter, better than PP & Allen, the past few games. And one of the reasons he's more effective from away from the paint is that he's taller than most other PF defenders & shoots over them.

I say draft a couple of 6'-11"-7'+ and develop them !!! Would love to get Hibbert from Indy and Kaman 2nd choice in a trade.  Even Spencer Hawes from the 76ers would be a good addition at 24 yrs. old...he almost helped them beat us in Game 6.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The better players in FA and the draft are PF's so combine that w/ KG's resurgance coming at the 5 and I think you look for a good rebounding 4 who plays closer to the rim on offense and has the strength to body guys like Boozer while KG chases around the skinny tall guys like Bosh and Noah.

I hope he doesn't retire, that would really prompt a rebuilding year, while I think adding Green and at least starting quality player (2 if Allen leaves) to this current lineup would make us even better next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

If KG doesn't retire, I think he should start at center.  He is quicker and more agile than most centers, rather than having to chase younger PFs around the court.  Steimsma, Hollins and maybe Sean Williams should get better with a full training camp and summer leagues.  Adding another big (4/5 body) probably is not a bad idea either.  Keep Bass, and hopefully Green and Wilcox will be back.  That should solidify most of the front court positions.

As Always,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Looking ahead: Center Position:
    The better players in FA and the draft are PF's so combine that w/ KG's resurgance coming at the 5 and I think you look for a good rebounding 4 who plays closer to the rim on offense and has the strength to body guys like Boozer while KG chases around the skinny tall guys like Bosh and Noah. I hope he doesn't retire, that would really prompt a rebuilding year, while I think adding Green and at least starting quality player (2 if Allen leaves) to this current lineup would make us even better next year.
    Posted by rameakap

I agree that fellow skinny guys like Bosh & Noah are no problem for KG but Bynum, Howard & even Gasol who's not that soft any more can out rebound KG.

By the way, many above like the return of Green and I agree but he's a PF at I think 6'8" or 6'9" and still a good  rebounder but what about the return of Wilcox who's 6'10" I think and a Banger & like a Leon Powe. Don't we want him back too. He can muscle in a rebound with the best of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think Green holds promise for the fans as being the SF who eventually takes over for Pierce and keeps Paul's minutes down the next 2 seasons.

He can fill in at PF, but I'd agree he is not much bigger/better than Bass when playing that spot. He was always out of position at OKC. NBA experts thought he had the potential to be a Deng (ceiling) Thaddeus Young (floor) type SF.

Wilcox would be a good vet minimum guy, but I'd thik everyone would feel that position of 6'10" bruiser needs a established guy that can come in and play 28-34 mins and grab 9-10 boards (Humphries) over maybe Wilcox going for 14-18 and 4-5.

Sections
Shortcuts