looking at 2-guards...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

looking at 2-guards...

who ya got?

ellis?

evans?

mayo?

redick?

someone else? who can solve our woes at the 2-guard after the jet flopped?

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/05/free-agent-market-for-shooting-guards.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: looking at 2-guards...

i liked redick but you need a different point guard than strangle-tempo rondo to get JJ the ball.  you also need a mobile blob of a 4/5 who can set good picks without dragging legs around like KG does. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Yeah ... 2 guards ... because we certainly are weakest in that position...

aye aye aye

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

aye aye aye

IMO, we're set at the point (rondo), the 3 (green) and the 4 (KG/sully, assuming KG is back). we're weakest at the 2 and the 5. we don't have a 2 who is a legit starter. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

None of these guys is close to what a starting guard in a good team should look for.

Mayo is the closest but his BB IQ is low and he is the definition of a crunch time loser. Evans is to small, Evans can't shoot but has potential, Reddick is a 6th man candidate but no starter material.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

aye aye aye

IMO, we're set at the point (rondo), the 3 (green) and the 4 (KG/sully, assuming KG is back). we're weakest at the 2 and the 5. we don't have a 2 who is a legit starter. 

We dont know if Rondo will be healthy, and we don't know if Sully will be healthy, and we don't know if KG will be back.

Thwe biggest issues are bigs and point gaurds.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Draft Karasev.  The Russian can shoot. You need a pure 3 point shooter next to Rondo, even if Rondo won't feed him as much as he should.  Danny will probably go after an athlete like Tim Hardaway Junior. 

The two guard isn't the hardest position to fill in the NBA.  The problem is that the Celts have Jason Terry, Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee on the roster!  Bradley and Lee's trade value is lower after the play-offs.  Avery will never be a PG.  On defense, he can do wonders with Rondo, but you can't have a back-court that can't shoot.  That's a deal breaker. 

Charlotte has been trying to trade Ben Gordon for a while.  He has weaknesses and a low basketball IQ, but that's the type of fearless shooter we need at the 2 spot. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Man, i love Monta Ellis. If only he was like ... 3 inches taller. A couple more off years on bad teams and Monta will be prime for 6th man of the year!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Before any criticism...

Do you really think

Jamal Crawford > Monta Ellis?

J.R. Smith > Monta Ellis?

I don't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Love Ellis, but he may be cost-prohibitive.

I agree with your earlier post, though, that between Bradley, Terry and Crawford we should be all set............and I didn't forget Lee, although I'm trying to.