Looking back, Deandre Jordan wouldn't have been so bad afterall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Looking back, Deandre Jordan wouldn't have been so bad afterall

Yes, last week I held my breath and wished the would-be Garnett/Jordan swap would fall apart.  And I was relieved when it did.  And now, all of a sudden, I wish it went through.

I know there's posts containing threads and tweets saying that the NBA would stop any form of a KG/Clippers deal.  But can they really do that??  Please tell me there's still some hope.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Looking back, Deandre Jordan wouldn't have been so bad afterall

deanderthal shot 22% from the line in the typical clippers collapse this last playoffs.... how is that "not so bad afterall".  and 38% for the regular season....

worst of all, he played the same number of minutes in the playoffs and his rebounds trailed off 50%- HOW CAN THAT BE?

neanderthal jordan would be lower on the totem pole than stinko vrankovic was i the late 80s if this league had any measure of big man talent these days.  he can jump out of the building and rebound and has zero business being on an nba court because he has zero offensive skills other than dunking the ball

that may be great for a team like the pellycans or some other basement dweller where he could never invoke the shrinking violet throttle setting come playoffs, but c'mon, this guy has underachieved every year in the playoffs right along with flake griffin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm sorry I'm just not Jordan fan. He brings as many liabilities as assetts in my opinion and has a way overpaid contract. After this last week nothing would suprise me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I still think that it will happen (and should happen), but we all know when Stern wants something to happen it often does (cough Ewing to Knicks, cough Rose to the Bulls, cough many other instances in recent NBA history)

Coaches supposedly weren't allowed to be traded and that has seemingly happened so I don't see what the big deal is. Hopefully, the NBAs current stance softens and the Cs find a way to make a legitimate trade.

I also hope DA continues to push for Bledsoe to be apart of the package.

KG/Terry for DJ/Bledsoe/Filler/1st would be awesome. If they accepted that, maybe there could be a backroom deal for Pierce to be released and then sign with the Clips.

That would make everyone happy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I'm sorry I'm just not Jordan fan. He brings as many liabilities as assetts in my opinion and has a way overpaid contract. After this last week nothing would suprise me.

I thought the same as you last week.  But ask yourself, who else would you rather play Center next season?  Jordan's a big guy who can block and rebound.  He can defend as well as Perkins.  He's young and could form a potent combo with Rondo.  Yes he needs to work on his foul shooting, but most guys his size do.  If Jordan could shoot free throws he wouldn't be available. 

I know it's wishful thinking at this point, but I'm hoping the Clips and C's can figure out a way to make this happen despite Stern. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

1st off I think Perk is a stiff!!! I think an MLE like Delembert would be good regardless of who stay or goes as a stop gap move. Hell I would accept Randolph or even ,gulp,Melo or anyone if we draft a C this year. Eventhough they were a little harsh I agree with ACIE 100% on his assesment of Jordan. Hey your opinion is as valid as anyone elses I just am not a Jordan fan,especially for that $$.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

1st off I think Perk is a stiff!!! I think an MLE like Delembert would be good regardless of who stay or goes as a stop gap move. Hell I would accept Randolph or even ,gulp,Melo or anyone if we draft a C this year. Eventhough they were a little harsh I agree with ACIE 100% on his assesment of Jordan. Hey your opinion is as valid as anyone elses I just am not a Jordan fan,especially for that $$.

I haven't read Acie's assessment.  But last week I was probably equally as harsh.  I love Fab Melo but he's supposedly not even close yet.  I like Dalembert too but not in a rebuilding process (Sam's 32, Deandre will be 25 next month).  Besides a prescence in the paint (everyone saw how much less aggressive Miami was when Hibbert was on the floor versus on the bench), Jordan gives us some much needed rebounds and blocks.  The alley-oops on Sportscenter would just be a bonus. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Your opinion is as valid as mine but thats three thing we totally disagree with. 1 Perk is a stiff 2 I see nothing at all in Melo 3 I'm sorry I just have no interest in Jordan. Again my opinion is no more valid than yours I realyl just disagree entirely on those 3 aspects. Delembert is not an answer but a servicable fill in. Also if I say I see nothing in Melo and would still rather have him in the lineup this coming season pretty much sums up my opinion about Jordan. Nothing personal just ain't feeling Jordan at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

deanderthal shot 22% from the line in the typical clippers collapse this last playoffs.... how is that "not so bad afterall".  and 38% for the regular season....

worst of all, he played the same number of minutes in the playoffs and his rebounds trailed off 50%- HOW CAN THAT BE?

neanderthal jordan would be lower on the totem pole than stinko vrankovic was i the late 80s if this league had any measure of big man talent these days.  he can jump out of the building and rebound and has zero business being on an nba court because he has zero offensive skills other than dunking the ball

that may be great for a team like the pellycans or some other basement dweller where he could never invoke the shrinking violet throttle setting come playoffs, but c'mon, this guy has underachieved every year in the playoffs right along with flake griffin

I'm not going to argue about his FT%.  But centers that are as quick and athletic as he is don't come around too often.  Maybe we could hire Tiago Splitter's foul shooting teacher?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Stern doesn't want the Clippers to be good, because he hates Sterling.

That why Stern approved the Doc Rivers trade.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-nba-approves-rivers-clippers-211120549--nba.html

The NBA approved the trade of Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers to the Los Angeles Clippers, multiple media outlets reported Monday.

The Clippers are expected to sign Rivers to a three-year, $21 million contract, and the Celtics will receive a 2015 first-round draft pick as compensation.

interesting wording there I would say..what was that..TRADE....LOL

Any trade between the two teams involving Celtics forward Kevin Garnett going to the Clippers must be put on hold to make sure the deals are completed separately. Teams cannot trade players and coaches in the same deal.

NBA commissioner David Stern said last week that any trade agreement between the Celtics and Clippers involving Garnett that is part of the Rivers deal violates league rules. 

so KG will end up with  the Clippers sometime after the new NBA season starts.

I hope we can get Jordan AND Bledsoe!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Jordan and Bledsoe to the Celts not happening, ever!

Jordan would do nothing for the Celtics

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

I'm not a DJ fan either, you could get a carbon copy in Dieng at #16 and would only cost 1.4M, 1/8 th the cost same player has more offensive potential at this point as a rookie. Look for other deals.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You were already schooled on and proven wrong when it comes to exactly the type of talent Jordan is when you brought this drivel last week. But you decide to post it again in typical Acie "I never learn and can't comprehend the facts/stats/reality' way. Yawn, we get the FT's are bad, his offense is limited, blah blah blah.

Look at everything else and get a clue. Considering its the only team our 37 year old would likely accept a trade to... as we try to rebuilt... and you come off SO ignorant. Jordan and a pick is fair value for KG.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

You were already schooled on and proven wrong when it comes to exactly the type of talent Jordan is when you brought this drivel last week. But you decide to post it again in typical Acie "I never learn and can't comprehend the facts/stats/reality' way. Yawn, we get the FT's are bad, his offense is limited, blah blah blah.

Look at everything else and get a clue. Considering its the only team our 37 year old would likely accept a trade to... as we try to rebuilt... and you come off SO ignorant. Jordan and a pick is fair value for KG.

[/QUOTE]

You know I respect what you say, but Jordan over the last few days was said to be coming straight up for KG.  I live in LA and have watched Jordan, he is very athletic player with extremely poor skills.  What would have ironically been a dream match up is drafting him or bringing him in  to play with KG.  He would likely be a much better player today.  He with his high salary and poor all round game will not do much to put the Celtics in the win column, but maybe the idea is to stink.    He however is not worth 11 million per.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

kdp59

If coaches can be traded, why did the NBA block the initial trade proposal of KG and Doc to the Clips for Jordan and two 1st rounders?

It's simple, if coaches can be traded, there was no need to block the initial trade of KG and Doc going to the Clips for Jordan and two 1st rounders.

I was just yanking your chain there....LOL.

I like most of your posts and think you one the best here on cap issues.

but you can get tied up in thweeds on semantics sometime.

Stern SAID the CBA does not allow teams to trade coaches CONTRACTS and the history says the NBA does not allow coaches to be traded for PLAYERS.

it's been showed before  that other NBA teams have traded the "bodies" of their head coaches to other teams (not their contracts though!).

it's obvious that Doc was TRADED for a 2015 first round draft pick to anyone.

to keep saying it's not allowed is just being stubborn at this point.

sometimes we all get things wrong once in a while.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I hope your wrong, as I see KG retiring if he can't go and play for Doc.

I could also see KG retring and NOT officially turning in his papers and giving the cletics NO cap relief.

so with all that said...I still think KG for Jordan and Bledsoe gives the Celtics two younger pieces that would be better than nothing.

Once Paul Re-signs with LA, they can move Bledsoe.

Maybe  Ainge can talk Doc into taking Terry along too!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

I still think that it will happen (and should happen), but we all know when Stern wants something to happen it often does (cough Ewing to Knicks, cough Rose to the Bulls, cough many other instances in recent NBA history)

Coaches supposedly weren't allowed to be traded and that has seemingly happened so I don't see what the big deal is. Hopefully, the NBAs current stance softens and the Cs find a way to make a legitimate trade.

I also hope DA continues to push for Bledsoe to be apart of the package.

KG/Terry for DJ/Bledsoe/Filler/1st would be awesome. If they accepted that, maybe there could be a backroom deal for Pierce to be released and then sign with the Clips.

That would make everyone happy.

Here we go again, another newbie wishing for something that will never happen.  Did you not understand what David Stern said?  Any deal between the C's and the Clips involving the beloved "Big Ticket" will not happen.  If it does Stern will cement his place in the biggest hypocrite hall of fame.  And btw Bledsoe will not come to Btown anytime soon unless he get's traded to some other team and then to Btown.  

Sections
Shortcuts