Looking back..should have kept P2 and KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Looking back..should have kept P2 and KG

After watching the Celtic win vs the Bobcats and pretty much blowing a chance to grab one of the golden rings in the draft {Embiid, Parker or Wiggins} and a Cornerstone player, I must eat some crow. I was originally for the trade but now, I cannot help but think how things would have worked out if the C's would have kept P2 and KG and made another run at #18. How much KG would have meant to Sully and KO? And how much they could have contributed in reserve roles learning from two HOFers that have already won and had hunger to win it again, not to mention bled Green.

The Clippers pick next year will be terrible and the Nets Russian guy has lots of cash and will spend it to get other quality players in Brooklyn when P2 and KG retire. So to think those picks are going to be in the Lottery is just foolish thinking. Fire away but I wanted to be honest and admit the trade does not look as good as it once did, especially after "the win". You CAN win for losing and it is just sad that Stevens does not understand this. He will when his azzz gets fired for being mediocre for the next 4 or 5 years and he is on the street looking for his next College job. Love the C's but IMO, we are headed for another drought and that sux because I am getting old. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Looking back..should have kept P2 and KG

P2 could be back next year. KG could retire. #18 was not happening in 2014.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce is right. Honestly, I'm glad to see these guys playing it out. We're not a good team but we really have to play a lot worse to be in a position for a top 3 pick. 

Besides, there are no guarantees on where we'll pick. Just probabilities. 

We'll be ok. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I kind of wonder how West is feeling these days over picking the Pacers instead of the Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Brad should be fired for winning that game.

He could have started Bradley at the point and we would have been fine.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Brad should be fired for winning that game.

He could have started Bradley at the point and we would have been fine.

exactly. whose side is this guy on anyways? dude's tankin the tank.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Come on, the lottery is still next month.

The Pelicans had the 4th worst record in 2012 and they ended up with the #1 pick.

The Wiz had the 5th worst record in 2010 and they ended up with the #1 pick.

[/QUOTE]
    Amen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

With all the pros & cons about Jeff Green, maybe I'm California Dreaming and a Monday Morning QB too but I'd liked to have kept Perkins, Big Baby( albeit many negative posts at the time that he was too short at 6'8", too fat etc.) but he was a scrapper and I'd preferred him instead of Wallace, Bass & Green, also much better than Pressey and Bayless,  Tony Allen and also kept Nate Robinson, a sparkplug,  only 5'9" who has played well at GS, Chicago & Denver ave 10 pts per game limited minutes & we might have won #18. We lost to LA because Perk went down and the egregious # of foul shots in game 7 were 41 to 18 and LA got 21 just in the 4th Qtr when we had a 13 pt lead end of the 3rd. Sorry to open old wounds. And, KG, PP & RA might all still be in Green.

But, the real problem with the above scenario is we would not have been able to draft Sully and then Oly so I hope they are a major part of our future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"After watching the Celtic win vs the Bobcats and pretty much blowing a chance to grab one of the golden rings in the draft "

Umm - no. We could still get the first pick as Fierce has pointed out. Also, we can potentially trade the pick. Each draft pick is a chip, and that's a pretty big chip. 

You have also not take into any account the first round picks we have from the Nets, including two more unprotected picks coming up. You have to wait till those picks come down before you decide how good or bad a trade it was.

But for now, it still looks like a great trade, Pierce and KG can't carry a team anymore. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

After watching the Celtic win vs the Bobcats and pretty much blowing a chance to grab one of the golden rings in the draft {Embiid, Parker or Wiggins} and a Cornerstone player, I must eat some crow. I was originally for the trade but now, I cannot help but think how things would have worked out if the C's would have kept P2 and KG and made another run at #18. How much KG would have meant to Sully and KO? And how much they could have contributed in reserve roles learning from two HOFers that have already won and had hunger to win it again, not to mention bled Green.

The Clippers pick next year will be terrible and the Nets Russian guy has lots of cash and will spend it to get other quality players in Brooklyn when P2 and KG retire. So to think those picks are going to be in the Lottery is just foolish thinking. Fire away but I wanted to be honest and admit the trade does not look as good as it once did, especially after "the win". You CAN win for losing and it is just sad that Stevens does not understand this. He will when his azzz gets fired for being mediocre for the next 4 or 5 years and he is on the street looking for his next College job. Love the C's but IMO, we are headed for another drought and that sux because I am getting old. 

Nope...C-MO, usually I magree with you, but not on this one...

The Nets have more around the guys than we would have...they actually have an all-world, all around point guard who shoots and plays D as well as handing out timely assists...they actually havd a real Center, and when he went down, replaced him with another they drafted last year...they have a much better bench...and they have two former all-stars and future HOFr's who have been allowed to play possum all year and save themselves for the playoff run which they were never able to do here...

DA did the right thing...for both teams...and I wish the guys all good luck in taking down King Whiner and his Heat buddies...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The Green trade, when all is said and done, will be rated one of the worst, if not THE worst trade made by DA...even he said it was a mistake...

JEFF GREEN SUCKS!!!

To quote the great James Cagney from one of his movies:

"He's nuthin' now, he never was nuthin', and he ain't  gonna' be nuthin'!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Nets have more around the guys than we would have...they actually have an all-world, all around point guard who shoots and plays D as well as handing out timely assists...they actually havd a real Center, and when he went down, replaced him with another they drafted last year...they have a much better bench...and they have two former all-stars and future HOFr's who have been allowed to play possum all year and save themselves for the playoff run which they were never able to do here...

DA did the right thing...for both teams...and I wish the guys all good luck in taking down King Whiner and his Heat buddies...

[/QUOTE]

i think he was frustrated when he wrote this...he just hates seeing this team win when they don't have to...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

The Green trade, when all is said and done, will be rated one of the worst, if not THE worst btrade made by DA...even he said it was a mistake...

JEFF GREEN SUCKS!!!

To quote the great James Cagney from one of his movies:

"He's nuthin' now, he never was nuthin', and he ain't ever gonna' be nuthin'!"

[/QUOTE]

he's somthin..that somthin is crap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think he was frustrated when he wrote this...he just hates seeing this team win when they don't have to...

[/QUOTE]

Man, so do I...I never wanted to throw my TV out my window so badly as I did last night...the overwhelming stupidity of winning last night...just no reason...what a bunch of hooey, this "establishing a winning culture"...it's a lot easier to do with better players...If Parker doesn't come out our chances just took a hit.....STUPID...we fought the good fight all year, we tried hard all year...it's OK to lay down NOW!!!...We're not the Fakers or 76'rs, we tried all year...just be smart now...just stupid...stupid

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Man, so do I...I never wanted to through my TV out my window so badly as I did last night...the overwhelming stupidity of winning last night...just no reason...what a bunch of hooey, this "establishing a winning culture"...it's a lot easier to do with better players...If Parker doesn't come out our chances just took a hit.....STUPID...we fought the good fight all year, we tried hard all year...it's OK to lay down NOW!!!...We're not the Fakers or 76'rs, we tried all year...just be smart now...just stupid...stupid

[/QUOTE]

exactly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Yo, C-Mo...I'm not raggin' on you bro...I'm old and frustrated myself with this collection of escapees from the "Island of Misfit Toys"...I haven't got unlimited years to watch these guys go through 6 or 7 years of BS pain like the 76'rs have been doing....I'd love for these guys to win something meaningful before my FRIDAY  NIGHT TV PIZZA TURNS INTO FRIDAY NIGHT PRUNES!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

Yo, C-Mo...I'm not raggin' on you bro...I'm old and frustrated myself with this collection of escapees from the "Island of Misfit Toys"...I haven't got unlimited years to watch these guys go through 6 or 7 years of BS pain like the 76'rs have been doing....I'd love for these guys to win something meaningful before my FRIDAY  NIGHT TV PIZZA TURNS INTO FRIDAY NIGHT PRUNES!

[/QUOTE]

Hi Melly and Raider. Raider hit it on the head when he said I wrote this under the depression and frustration of the "win" last night {not to mention a few Coors Lights...LOL}. And Melly, I also know that you are not raggin' on me but even if you were, you do it with class and not attack me. I appreciate everyones opinion and do learn many things by reading other folks posts. I also admit that I am just a Monday Morning QB so it is all good in the hood with Old Fat C-Mo my friends.

Now, that being said...I am still extremely PO'd that the C's played to win last night and then watching them walk around the court like they just won Game 7 of the Finals made me sick. This has been one very tough year to be a true Celtic Fan but I will not jump ship. I just find it hard to think that Stevens does not realize what the "win" did to our chances of snagging Embiid, Parker or Wiggins. I also realize that the guys are competitive but this is a business and winning that game was a terrible business decision IMO. I feel like we stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime with the win. Peace out to all my Celtic buddies! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hi Melly and Raider. Raider hit it on the head when he said I wrote this under the depression and frustration of the "win" last night {not to mention a few Coors Lights...LOL}. And Melly, I also know that you are not raggin' on me but even if you were, you do it with class and not attack me. I appreciate everyones opinion and do learn many things by reading other folks posts. I also admit that I am just a Monday Morning QB so it is all good in the hood with Old Fat C-Mo my friends.

Now, that being said...I am still extremely PO'd that the C's played to win last night and then watching them walk around the court like they just won Game 7 of the Finals made me sick. This has been one very tough year to be a true Celtic Fan but I will not jump ship. I just find it hard to think that Stevens does not realize what the "win" did to our chances of snagging Embiid, Parker or Wiggins. I also realize that the guys are competitive but this is a business and winning that game was a terrible business decision IMO. I feel like we stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime with the win. Peace out to all my Celtic buddies! 

[/QUOTE]

Peace bro...we're all one in this and all  die hard Celtics fans...just last night we died a bit harder than usual...   :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is kind of nuts man. The Celtics have picks for years and the players they draft will be under team control. KG is already done and Pierce is close to it.

Great trade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Peace bro...we're all one in this and all  die hard Celtics fans...just last night we died a bit harder than usual...   :)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Melly, last night was a tough pill to swallow and it did not go down very well. I wish the best for our C's and hope Ainge has something up his sleeve. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

All Celtic fans "hope Ainge has something up his sleeve."

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts