Looking forward.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Looking forward.

since it appears (at the moment anyway) that the Clippers deal is at best flopping around on the pier......... and since it is very apparent to most of us that Ainge is serious about starting to rebuild the team THIS off-season.

I was looking about to see which teams had the cap space next year to absorb Pierce's $15M one year deal.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

Atlanta- draft picks 17&18 availible this year.

Utah-  picks 14 &21 this year

Detriot- picks 8 & 35 &38

Cleveland- pciks 1 & 19 & 31 &33

Charlotee- Pick 4

San Antonio- picks 28 & 58

Cleveland or Atlanta  would be good choices for the Celtics getitng an additional mid first round pick this year.

SA would be a good deal for Pierce (basically replacing Ginobelli cap wise) not so good for the celtics as they have later picks.

I say get the 17,18 or 19th pick this year and move on.

Look at Doc and say..well are you coaching this year or not?

you are going to have to play young guys ,cause thats all that will be here!!

watch him retire

and KG right after.

sign Frank, DelNegro, Karl..whoever is left as coach for the new kids for a couple years.

try to move Terry for whatever we can get or just cap space.

sign best YOUNG players we can get with any cap space we have (maybe as much as $12M).

Look to deal Rondo as soon as we can get a fair offer for him ( If Atlanta is willing to  part with Horford or Sac -Cousins even up...do it!).

It is clear now to all of us that  the Cletics of the past 5 years are long gone now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Re: Looking forward.

Other teams ain't gonna want PP for 15mil, even if it is only for 1yr.   Ever hear of luxury tax being increased.   Maybe if you are close.   But, that excludes Hawks, Jazz, Cavs or Bobcats.   Maybe Clips or Spurs.   Remember though, that PP is like RA now.   Can be good one game and off 2 more.   Esp in the playoffs where the defense is quicker and more intense.   Who would you replace him on the Spurs?   And, remember that PP doesn't like to run.   So, when 'Pop' keeps telling his team to 'push it', PP isn't the guy to put in (again, not for 15mil.  At a lower price, then ok).   Also, those teams that ain't close to winning it all would be fools to give up a 'teens' draft choice for a player just holding on for paycheck (I ain't hatin.   I'd hold on too).   Face it that PP is only good for the Cs cause he's a lifer like many other Cs.   To other teams he's over the hill like Billups, Stephen Jackson (just let go), Kidd, GHill, etc

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Amnesty Pierce.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to docc's comment:

Other teams ain't gonna want PP for 15mil, even if it is only for 1yr.   Ever hear of luxury tax being increased.   Maybe if you are close.   But, that excludes Hawks, Jazz, Cavs or Bobcats.   Maybe Clips or Spurs.   Remember though, that PP is like RA now.   Can be good one game and off 2 more.   Esp in the playoffs where the defense is quicker and more intense.   Who would you replace him on the Spurs?   And, remember that PP doesn't like to run.   So, when 'Pop' keeps telling his team to 'push it', PP isn't the guy to put in (again, not for 15mil.  At a lower price, then ok).   Also, those teams that ain't close to winning it all would be fools to give up a 'teens' draft choice for a player just holding on for paycheck (I ain't hatin.   I'd hold on too).   Face it that PP is only good for the Cs cause he's a lifer like many other Cs.   To other teams he's over the hill like Billups, Stephen Jackson (just let go), Kidd, GHill, etc

there is arumour already that Cleveland might be intereted in Pierce, as they want a older Vet to play with all those top 5 draft picks they have.

like I said SA would be good for Pierce ( Ginobelli is supposedly retiring).

ALL of those teams I listed will still be at or BELOW the Salary cap after brining in Pierces' salary. they will all be WELL below the luxury cap you are talking about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

chris33

Do you even like the celtics? Your willing to take anything for kg, you wanna amnesty pp which really serves no purpose other than lowering the tax for the owners.  Y even bother watching or posting about a team that has players you want to just get rid of?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Other than the Clippers (who obviously passed), Cleveland would be the only team to logically trade for PP, IMO.  I could see PP for #19 or both second rounders.  But they may be saving Cap space to try to get Lebron back.

What to do with PP...   What to do with Doc...or the potential of a new has-been coach.  What will Garnett do?... Stuck with bad multiyear untradeable contracts with Bass, Terry and Lee.  

Its another fine mess you'ver gotten us into Danny boy.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.