Looks Like Gortat is Available Again

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Looks Like Gortat is Available Again

I would do bass and melo for gortat in a heartbeat. I think we would have to throw a pick in there as well. and yes this team is still one good  big away from being a contender, with or without Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-the-next-trade-chip-to-fall/

This is one of the few players that could be worth giving up Fab Melo.

Bass and Melo for Gortat.

If Ainge can get Gortat then expect the Celts to be back in the east finals, even without Rondo.

U do know how many times it has been mentioned Melo in a trade and you kept saying it would be a mistake to trade him?   Seeing him against NBA players kind of changes your perspective , doesn't it? I would do this trade without thinking twice.  Add a number one pick along with it. 

Get er don Danny Boy

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good post - it appears there will be plenty of competition for his services:

NBA Rumors: Phoenix Suns Determined to Trade Marcin Gortat 22 hours ago by Jeric Griffin

marcin gortat trade

Soobum Im-USA TODAY Sports

The Phoenix Suns pretty much have just one big man on which they can halfway rely and his name is not Jermaine O’Neal. The Suns have an underrated center in Marcin Gortat who will make a dynamite addition for a title contender if traded and the latest NBArumors suggest the Suns are set trading Gortat. In fact, there at least half a dozen rumors of landing spots for Gortat, if traded, but no one knows what to make of any of them. We’ll try to iron some of it out now.

Gortat isn’t putting up career numbers this year, but his stats aren’t all that bad, either. He’ll still almost averaging a double-double on an awful team that thought it was at a turning point when Phoenix fired head coach Alvin Gentry and replaced him withLindsey Hunter. Gortat is still riding right along after the Suns’ short spurt of energy from the new hire, playing his 36 minutes and then taking off the uniform and going home. However, he could be so much more for a team that knew how to use him and/or a team with just a little bit of talent to put around him.

That’s not to suggest that Gortat is an NBA centerpiece, but if he was traded to the Atlanta Hawks, for example, he could pair with Al Horford down low and do some damage. Just in case you’re wondering, the Hawks are the most likely destination for Gortat as rumors are heating up that Phoenix wants to trade for Josh Smith. If that happens, Gortat will at least be somewhere that can exploit his talents. Whether or not that actually happens remains to be seen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I like what we have. Jason Collins and Wilcox give us what Gortat would.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

if we got Gortat we'd have to replace Bass. time is getting short before the deadline. i say keep the team together till after the season but get another big for the minimum. we had that guy in Darko. wish we would have let him play more than just a few minutes of one game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-the-next-trade-chip-to-fall/

This is one of the few players that could be worth giving up Fab Melo.

Bass and Melo for Gortat.

If Ainge can get Gortat then expect the Celts to be back in the east finals, even without Rondo.

U do know how many times it has been mentioned Melo in a trade and you kept saying it would be a mistake to trade him?   Seeing him against NBA players kind of changes your perspective , doesn't it? I would do this trade without thinking twice.  Add a number one pick along with it. 

Get er don Danny Boy

Like I said, Gortat is one of the players worth sacrificing Melo. The other player I would include Melo in a trade is Cousins. 

But no way Melo should be included in a package for Dalembert.

Absolutely in favor of getting Gortat for Fab and Bass an if needed 1st rounder, good deal for Celtics. We can take back Phx early second rounder. If we get Gortat it probably eliminates us from Redick but we need a big who can rebound and score inside more than another shooter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If the Hawks are seriously thinking of a trade centered around Smith and Gortat do you really think the C's have a chance offering Bass?

First off the Suns would have the most interest in Bradley, even Lee would be more in demand than Gortat.

There is no way that Bass, Melo and our 1st rd pick get that deal done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Nope

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo, Melo and Barbosa for Gortat and Dragic

Move doesn't alter our starting 5 for now (until Gortat gets up to speed and can replace Bass).

Lee and Avery are working real well together and they are the players PHX would want, not Bass. Dragic and Terry would be a good combo off the bench for the rest of the year.

Then for the future you have a PG who may not be Rondo, but he will get you 12/6 in 30 mins and is the same age as Rondo, signed at 60% of him for an extra year. Its so hard to find a 10 rebound C these days but as we proved its not hard to be a very good team w/o Rondo. And Avery will just keep getting better. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If you are going to move Rondo, Cousins might be a better target.  When I read the thread I had the same feeling you stated how does a Celtic offer compete with others if it is BAss and Melo? It can't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Agree with Rame, if the Hawks are giving up Smith, we would have to give up Rondo to have a shot!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Gortat is too much in demand, Dalembert may be even more realistic.  I think based on the way Dalembert has been playing he may be the perfect guy for this team especially this season.

I also don't think Rondo is someone the Celtics had given up on just yet, but who knows.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Dalembert is a solid option. So is Mozgov.

Sacramento probably would want Rondo to help get Cousins in line, and feed him the rock, they are both Kentucky guys and they'd prob think they'd be an all-star duo, maybe with Evans as 3rd wheel, unburdened of any PG duties , would be a good future.

A very competitive offer from them would be Aaron Brooks, Jimmer, Jason Thompson and their unprotected #1 pick and 2nd rd pick for Rondo, Barbosa and our 1st rd pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If I am Phoenix I am not even considering anything less than Jeff Green for Gortat. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i don't see how we can trade bass now sully is done for the year. i would have traded him before, but hard to do it now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

They are asking to much for Gortat.  Atlanta is waving Smith only because they don't think they will be able to resign him.  They don't want to lose him and get nothing in return.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

would do it in a second, but unlikely phoenix would agree. they can almost certainly get more. any way this team can bring in a big without touching the core of garnett/pierce /wilcox /barbosa/ lee/bradley/terry/green - (and for next year, sullinger/rondo) is a great move. melo is a huge project and is of no use in the near future. think all would agree bass is having a terrible year. the move would solve some issues because garnett could slide to the 4 and play limited minutes at the 5 and wilcox could play the 4, a position he is better suited for. this still leaves green (a terrible rebounder) filling minutes at the 4, but there's no way this is going to be perfect regardless.  

the problem is if you gut your core in order to add gortat, you have no shot, and if you do nothing you have no shot. and you might have no shot either way, particularly as you are now short two key frontline players. before, you could afford to lose bass and at least one from the group of lee/terry/barbosa. now you probably need someone like Gortat AND all of those players to try to compete. but given where they are, ideally, they'd be able to obtain a decent big man for bass/melo/1st round pick and then acquire another more marginal big (as an upgrade over collins and replacement for bass) for the end of the bench, but the pickings are seemingly slim. perhaps adding a guard not named bradley or rondo helps the deal happen, though phoenix would probably have to have failed elsewhere before arriving at that. 

the idea about getting gortat AND dragic for spare parts is laughable. 

the idea that collins and wilcox are even close to comparable to gortat moreso.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to bt33's comment:

would do it in a second, but unlikely phoenix would agree. they can almost certainly get more. any way this team can bring in a big without touching the core of garnett/pierce /wilcox /barbosa/ lee/bradley/terry/green - (and for next year, sullinger/rondo) is a great move. melo is a huge project and is of no use in the near future. think all would agree bass is having a terrible year. the move would solve some issues because garnett could slide to the 4 and play limited minutes at the 5 and wilcox could play the 4, a position he is better suited for. this still leaves green (a terrible rebounder) filling minutes at the 4, but there's no way this is going to be perfect regardless.  

the problem is if you gut your core in order to add gortat, you have no shot, and if you do nothing you have no shot. and you might have no shot either way, particularly as you are now short two key frontline players. before, you could afford to lose bass and at least one from the group of lee/terry/barbosa. now you probably need someone like Gortat AND all of those players to try to compete. but given where they are, ideally, they'd be able to obtain a decent big man for bass/melo/1st round pick and then acquire another more marginal big (as an upgrade over collins and replacement for bass) for the end of the bench, but the pickings are seemingly slim. perhaps adding a guard not named bradley or rondo helps the deal happen, though phoenix would probably have to have failed elsewhere before arriving at that. 

the idea about getting gortat AND dragic for spare parts is laughable. 

the idea that collins and wilcox are even close to comparable to gortat moreso.  

are you implying Rondo is a spare part?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

The Suns have an underrated center in Marcin Gortat who will make a dynamite addition for a title contender if traded and the latest NBArumors suggest the Suns are set trading Gortat. In fact, there at least half a dozen rumors of landing spots for Gortat, if traded, but no one knows what to make of any of them. We’ll try to iron some of it out now.

i like gortat as a player.  but i am just not sure how he is "underrated"???  he played well along side duh-wight howard in ORL, and never got big minutes- but other than that, what other GOOD teams has he been on?

it's hard to say he's "underrated" when he's put up 15 and 10 for the SUNS, a has been team that either hardly makes the playoffs at best or doesn't at all.  remember the "dennis hopson effect" of bringing players who put numbers up on bad teams over to good teams and many times, not all the time, their numbers / productivity plummet.

i don't think gortat is the next dennis hopson in the world of 5's but i don't understand how exactly he is "underrated" at this point in his career....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I would prefer Rondo for DMC and 2 - 1rsts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I would do bass and melo for gortat in a heartbeat. I think we would have to throw a pick in there as well. and yes this team is still one good  big away from being a contender, with or without Rondo.

Thats really saying something considering we also lost Sully...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Gortat is getting good numbers on a bad team and isn't happy and wants more PT. Gortat was getting spot time and doing well in Orl when they were winning and wanted more PT . Gortat has some skills but I'm not rocking the boat to go get Gortat he seems to be interested in his goa;s than team goals

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Gortat is getting good numbers on a bad team and isn't happy and wants more PT. Gortat was getting spot time and doing well in Orl when they were winning and wanted more PT . Gortat has some skills but I'm not rocking the boat to go get Gortat he seems to be interested in his goa;s than team goals

Even so Gortat and KG up front is a mile better than Bass KG. I wouldnt rock the boat too much, but there is no doubt that would improve the team greatly.