Looks Like It's A Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Looks Like It's A Deal

In Response to Re: Looks Like It's A Deal:
    [QUOTE]So Red and Celtsfan, are you both saying there will be no season this year? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Since July, baby, since July!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Looks Like It's A Deal:
    [QUOTE]So Red and Celtsfan, are you both saying there will be no season this year? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I have no idea!  I can't predict the future.  But, if you made me give it some kind of odds, I'd say yes - eventually they'll come to some compromise as both sides head for mutual destruction.  Eventually, I'm hoping they'll both get desperate and find some common ground.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

the owners should offer 40%.

Fact is, the owners hold all the leverage. There is no debate. The owners don't need the league, the players do.

Offer some ridiculous offer like 40% and send a message that we will shut down completely and not care. The owners do not depend on their teams at all. Thay are all billionares.

This move by the players is beyond stupid. Accept 50 or else u get 47. offer 40 and really f them over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The players will miss the season the most if its completely cancelled, no doubt.  However, don't underestimate the pain to the owners, as well.  They will still pay stadium fees where they don't own them, they will still have fixed costs, and they know they will lose goodwill and have less fans when its all over.   most of all, they don't know WHAT they will have in TV interest after its all over.  Moreover, when they miss a season or two and players are not union represented, the players out of contract can now negotiate with whomever they want (which would be true chaos for the league).   

This is why decertification of a league has never been taken all the way through the courts and its always been "settled" BEFORE everyone becomes a free agent with no contracts (Think of Howard, Melo, KG, etc who's deals are all up and they would be free to do whatever they wanted).

Sections
Shortcuts