Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall...

OKC n Spurs n the West finals.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Don't count out the Bulls. They just beat the Heat again. Lakers aren't going to the finals unless they step up their game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall...:
    Well you same basketball experts said you would have won if Kendrick Perkins played game 7.  Your own GM just proved you wrong.  LAKERS 2009/2010 CHAMPS!!!!!!!
    Posted by lalakerman

So wrong.

Ainge sees our road to the finals going through Chicago, Miami then someone other than LA.

If we do meet LA we'll have Shaq for 20-24 mins and probably Jermaine and Murphy as options. Krstic is a 12 minute 6point 3 rebound backup.

Game 7 we had Sheed on a bad back as the ONLY Center

and oh yeah... Tony Allen and Nate instead of Jeff Green and Delonte West

and oh yeah... a far less healthy KG

and oh yeah, should still have won if refs didn't steal the lead we'd built with a parade of phantom 4th quarter calls

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Don't count out the Bulls. They just beat the Heat again. Lakers aren't going to the finals unless they step up their game.
    Posted by edcap99

Truth

and Green will help us more vs. Chicago then Perk did

It is basically Baby vs. Boozer, KG vs. Noah, Green vs. Deng

We can almost even them out there, with VERY similar style players

Then Ray/Pierce get to face Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver... HA!

And Rondo will QB a great game and drive Rose nuts, although I no longer feel he is the superior player... but even if Rose is dropping 26p-8a-4r games to Rondo's 12p-14a-6r games it will not be enough to overcome just how badly a now more rested Pierce and Ray will kill them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

Dude how I like your boxscore/minute predictions. They almost everytime seem right.

In Response to Re: Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall... : Truth and Green will help us more vs. Chicago then Perk did It is basically Baby vs. Boozer, KG vs. Noah, Green vs. Deng We can almost even them out there, with VERY similar style players Then Ray/Pierce get to face Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver... HA! And Rondo will QB a great game and drive Rose nuts, although I no longer feel he is the superior player... but even if Rose is dropping 26p-8a-4r games to Rondo's 12p-14a-6r games it will not be enough to overcome just how badly a now more rested Pierce and Ray will kill them.
    Posted by rameakap

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by KGLove

Although they are not favored the Spurs are the still the best team in the NBA.
    They still haven't lost a game at home this entire season.  Good luck to anyone that has to play them at home in the playoffs.  I just don't see anyone else beating them in any of their playoff series.  Unless one of their players is injured or they suddenly have a losing slump, I still see them getting to the NBA finals this year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall... : It's pretty obvious Ainge doesn't believe his team is championship material yet. That's why he's making moves now. Some to try to fix weaknesses...some to correct some of the stupid early season moves that he made before the season started. Nenad Kristic...really?! Meanwhile, Mitch Kupchak and Phil Jackson feel pretty good about the team they've got.
    Posted by Qdaddy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Q......you do know that the Lakers have lost to almost every good team they have played...the Lakers have stated that they would need home court to beat Boston (this was said by Mitch and Phil, along with numerous LA media members..let's see...home court? ...where the home team gets the majority of calls? ...seems right)

Also, they were one more loss away from trading Bynum (Mr. 10 points/7 boards)...and they were willing to give away Artest...who is back to being who he is and wants out...(look at this year's stats)

I like Perk....limited "O" but good "D" and the heart of a lion...but he made it clear he wanted the big money...we got a very good player in Green...my biggest regret? ....trading Erden....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall... : Hahahah Its alright to be mad atomic.  I would be too if my GM just killed our championship hopes!  Look at it this way, next year u will be irrelevant and I wont be here!
    Posted by lalakerman

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

there you have it...the reason Laker trolls are on this board...the Celtics are relevant and it makes Laker fans crazy....why? .....because of the Celtic dominance over their team....during the regular seasons and the Finals....Boston has embarrassed LA (oh, they embarrassed Minny as well in their first finals matchup)...as you said...when (IF) we become irrelevant....then you go away...wow....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Posted by KGLove

that would be nice! and I think you are right!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

Laker trolls
     basketball is still a business and there are owners who put their own money and we as fans sit here and complain about signing this player and that for whatever it takes. Celtics took a big gamble, but it was forced onto them. they were not going to sign Perk (ahem ahem like one big promising center out west by the name of Bynum) to a huge contract and watch him struggle with knee issues. I think Danny did the right thing by getting some value for perk before losing him altogether in FA. you think Celtics are going to give $8-10 mill per year for Perk and compete against desperate teams looks for a center. OKC might have offered a better deal next year if it came to that.
    new CBA is going to have hard-cap, do you know what that means? trust me come this summer every team is going to face the eventuality. the economy is not getting better. owners are not willing to pay more money to CBA. the only way to save NBA from contracting is to go the NFL way with hard cap and franchise tags and that is what is going to happen. try putting yourself in the shoes of Cavs owner, that dude lost nearly 40% of franchise value after Lebron left. no owner is going to let that happen to them anymore.
    If I am a Celtics owner and i want to pony up the dough I better put it on somebody who could be counted on being healthy. Injuries do happen, that is the most unfortunate part of basket ball but from the Celtics point of view Perk was not going to come back for 5-6 mill per year.Perk made the decision for the Celtics. He felt he could get more and which he should do. He might get his payday in OKC and playing for a contender for a long long time as long as he stays healthy.

so as much as i would like to sit here and complain about the trade (Granted I am bummed) with Perk we are better. I am more worried about the chemistry of the starting 5 more than anything else. Shaq/JO combo might be able to pull it off. It might be tough but doeable. No one in the east scares us with their size.
    except ORlando and Orlando does not look like they might be make it to ECF this year.
    If i were you I would worry about Lakers, there is no guarantee Lakers are going to make it to the WCF. all the talk about "Is it playoffs yet" is going to come back and bite in the a** for the Lakers. yeah...Is it playoffs yet... let us go and get our fishing gear. that is what is going to happen this year. actually the bleep is going to hit the fan next year for Lakers with a $90 million payroll it is going to be fun. maybe Phil can retire and tweet about it with his snide not so Zen remarks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall... : It is 100% ignorant to say a solid playoff tested bruiser @ C doesn't scare LA. Fakers needed 7 games to get by OKC last year with Pau and Odom easily outplaying Green...
    Posted by rameakap

In 2010 the Lakers beat OKC in 6 games (4-2).

Cool

Did you catch this atomic? The Thunder weren't "one Pau Gasol tip-in away from getting past L.A. last year..." they were one tip-in away from a game 7.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall... : Although they are not favored the Spurs are the still the best team in the NBA. They still haven't lost a game at home this entire season.  Good luck to anyone that has to play them at home in the playoffs.  I just don't see anyone else beating them in any of their playoff series.  Unless one of their players is injured or they suddenly have a losing slump, I still see them getting to the NBA finals this year. 
    Posted by susan250

The Spurs ARE NOT the best team in the NBA. They have the BEST RECORD in the NBA.

I don't see them beating the Lakers in a 7 game series.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall... : The Spurs ARE NOT the best team in the NBA. They have the BEST RECORD in the NBA. I don't see them beating the Lakers in a 7 game series.
    Posted by Waynestarr

The voice of reason per usual, Waynestarr.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Dude how I like your boxscore/minute predictions. They almost everytime seem right. In Response to Re: Looks like it's going to be Lakers vs. Heat afterall... :
    Posted by kivanc

Thanks man

Sections
Shortcuts