LOTTERY BOUND

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

LOTTERY BOUND

These Celtics are just pathetic between Ray and Paul with their numerous turnovers and KG declining play i dont see the CELTS making the playoffs.Just listen to Doc at postgame big changes will be coming one way or another.I have never seen this poor playing even in the Pitino years at least they hustled.I dont think there are any answers this year just old and slow.CHANGE THE STARTING LINEUP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: LOTTERY BOUND

Making the playoffs would be the worst outcome for this team, as the current roster stands. Tank it all and maximize our draft chances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What baffles me is how they got so bad in six to seven months.  Last year we had the second best record in the NBA.  It is stunning to see them so out of sync and slow. Unable to make open shots, even though age is the culprit it still does not seem possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

In Response to Re: LOTTERY BOUND:
    [QUOTE]What baffles me is how they got so bad in six to seven months.  Last year we had the second best record in the NBA.  It is stunning to see them so out of sync and slow. Unable to make open shots, even though age is the culprit it still does not seem possible.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Last year "we had the second best record in the NBA"???  Sorry, no.  Try the sixth best record:

Chicago:  62-20
    San Antonio:  61-21
    Miami:  58-24
    Lakers:  57-25
    Dallas:  57-25
    Boston:  56-26

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOTTERY BOUND : Last year "we had the second best record in the NBA"???  Sorry, no.  Try the sixth best record: Chicago:  62-20 San Antonio:  61-21 Miami:  58-24 Lakers:  57-25 Dallas:  57-25 Boston:  56-26
    Posted by Steve3344[/QUOTE]

20 wins will be a struggle if they are lucky.Sad to watch but it was a nice ride

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

I agree I think it is time for a change,at least a tweaking of the starting lineup.At this point there is no knead to completely blow up the team,but an infusion of good young talent is what the Celtics need!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]What baffles me is how they got so bad in six to seven months.  Last year we had the second best record in the NBA.  It is stunning to see them so out of sync and slow. Unable to make open shots, even though age is the culprit it still does not seem possible.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]  That is the puzzle, the other teams did get better and we did with the loss of West and Davis and age, get worse, but we should still be above 500.   The decline was with KG and JO and an injury to Paul, and most should see now why we were desperate the last two years to trade Rondo, he is a near allstar but that is all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In Response to LOTTERY BOUND:
    [QUOTE]These Celtics are just pathetic between Ray and Paul with their numerous turnovers and KG declining play i dont see the CELTS making the playoffs.Just listen to Doc at postgame big changes will be coming one way or another.I have never seen this poor playing even in the Pitino years at least they hustled.I dont think there are any answers this year just old and slow.CHANGE THE STARTING LINEUP.
    Posted by TPETTEWAY1[/QUOTE]

Did you ever watch the 98 Pitino Celtics? 19 wins(50 game sched-strike). Horrific. 97,99 &00 were only marginally better. Don't get me wrong, this team is old, slow, out talented and not in shape but selective memory serves little purpose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Making the playoffs would be the worst outcome for this team, as the current roster stands. Tank it all and maximize our draft chances.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  I would rather see the Celtics end up with the best draft pick that they can instead of ending up as the 8th seed and losing in the 1st round of the playoffs.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  It is very surprising to see this team playing so poorly.  Didn't expect them to be an elite team this year, but I did expect them to be a competitive team.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to LOTTERY BOUND:
    [QUOTE]These Celtics are just pathetic between Ray and Paul with their numerous turnovers and KG declining play i dont see the CELTS making the playoffs.Just listen to Doc at postgame big changes will be coming one way or another.I have never seen this poor playing even in the Pitino years at least they hustled.I dont think there are any answers this year just old and slow.CHANGE THE STARTING LINEUP.
    Posted by TPETTEWAY1[/QUOTE]

My first postings on this site consisted of explaining why it was important for the Cs to lost just about every game possible and I was lambasted and it was explainedd ot me that I was no sort of Cs fan if I believed that.... now it is common sense.....

At the time it was explained to me that Delonte West was going to be one of the best point guards in the league and that for Perk and Big Al the sky was the limit and that by 2007 with Danny's drafting prowess the Cs would not only contend but would be hoisting many trophies.......  of course nothing could have been farther from the truth.......  Danny has never drafted an all-star and the one that he has traded for willl never be an all-star again.... give me Collison or Holliday and a few good BIGS and we can construct a contender....

As I said in on one of, if not my first, post.... the Cs need to lose every single conceivable game........being really really bad is their only chance.....  at rebuilding and becoming like all the other really bad teams..

There is this crazy thing called the Cs mystique.........  it does not exist....

Todays players want to play with stars.... stars exist on really good teams or really bad teams... the Cs have no stars.... and cannot get stars......

The Cs need to lose every single game they play..... Andrre Drummond is going to be Amare Stoudamire.......  Etwaun Moore is going to be  Giddens, Greeen, Greene, West, etc.....

The Cs are in looking at a 5 year ZERO status ranking.,..... they will again be the laughingstock of the league..... why is that so hard to take?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

[QUOTE]austin rivers with the second 1st round pick
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

Funny how he might be drafted and his father not be the coach

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

[QUOTE]Making the playoffs would be the worst outcome for this team, as the current roster stands. Tank it all and maximize our draft chances.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

They don't have to tank it. They just have to play, and they will loose. They haven't beaten a competitive team yet, but at the same time, it's because this years Celtics isn't really a team. It's patchwork pick up at best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

This is my first post in months though I have been reading this Celt forum for years now.  You're right Dudder.  They should just tank this short season and get more pingpong balls for Andrew Drummond, Antonio Davis, Jeremy Lamb, etc.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOTTERY BOUND : Funny how he might be drafted and his father not be the coach
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]
      Where is Doc going?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOTTERY BOUND :   Where is Doc going?
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

Doc is going nowhere - I have had many knee and ankle injuries in my life so I do not wish players any pain but the best case scenario for the Cs is that CP3 and Griffin go down for the season and the Cs and Clips both end up in the lottery - then maybe just then can they put some pieces in place for the future.  My concern then becomes is Danny the right person to be "buying the groceries" - the only two times he has had chances to draft legit talent he traded a picj for Telfair and then traded an expiring contract and Jeff Green for Ray - not saying the Ray deal was a bad deal but I am not all that confident in Danny's capabilities seeing how much talent he has left on the board over the years - though drafted late still immeasurably better than the guys that Danny ended up picking.  I understand hindsight is 20 - 20 but each year, year after year Danny leaves a few players on the board better than the players that he picks and that this board lauds as the next big thing, the sleeper of the draft, the steal of the draft and then blame it on Doc not playing them when we all find out (not so surprisingly) that they really can't play after all.  If they could play, they would be playing and it has nothing to do with Doc not liking rookies, etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOTTERY BOUND : Doc is going nowhere - I have had many knee and ankle injuries in my life so I do not wish players any pain but the best case scenario for the Cs is that CP3 and Griffin go down for the season and the Cs and Clips both end up in the lottery - then maybe just then can they put some pieces in place for the future.  My concern then becomes is Danny the right person to be "buying the groceries" - the only two times he has had chances to draft legit talent he traded a picj for Telfair and then traded an expiring contract and Jeff Green for Ray - not saying the Ray deal was a bad deal but I am not all that confident in Danny's capabilities seeing how much talent he has left on the board over the years - though drafted late still immeasurably better than the guys that Danny ended up picking.  I understand hindsight is 20 - 20 but each year, year after year Danny leaves a few players on the board better than the players that he picks and that this board lauds as the next big thing, the sleeper of the draft, the steal of the draft and then blame it on Doc not playing them when we all find out (not so surprisingly) that they really can't play after all.  If they could play, they would be playing and it has nothing to do with Doc not liking rookies, etc.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Since I don't do "research" on all this stuff, isn't the Clip pick lottery protected?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOTTERY BOUND : Since I don't do "research" on all this stuff, isn't the Clip pick lottery protected?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

It is top 10 protected but I wouldn't mind 2 of the top 11....

Sections
Shortcuts