Love at small forward like Larry Bird

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Love at small forward like Larry Bird

Lebron is heavier than Love right now and he is at SF.

Bird was as tall and slow at SF and it never really hurt his team.

So here's a team I like going into next season.

Rondo-Green-Love-Olynyk-Dieng

With the length of Kells and Dieng I am not worried about Green and Love getting beat off the dribble. ( Plus Green has chase down block ability)

Dieng is a really outstanding center already. Defensively and offensively. In limited exposure has already had a 5 block game and a 20 points 20 rebounds 4 assists game.(Probably going to cost Pressey and future picks to get him.)

Green brings incredible length to the 2. He would have to learn how to close out under control so he doesnt get totally faked out and just dare 2's to try and shoot over his arms.

Love vs Lebron, Lebron cant be stopped one on one by anyone but PJ Tucker 25% of the time. Sooo at least Love can make the King work on D and put some fouls on him. Make him ride the pine!

Bradley becomes a six man of the year type guy reducing his workload and increasing his effeciency by extending his health.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Love at small forward like Larry Bird

We also need Bradley to lockdown hot backcourt players. He has also turned himself into a sure scorer off screens. Offensive and defensive spark player. 

He's worth 7mil per at least!

On the flipside, can DWade guard Jeff Green? Talk about foul out!

A second team of Barea-Bradley-Tucker-Gordon-Faverani

Would be incredible on speed and hustle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Man, I would LOVE to get Dieng too! Unfortunately he is a perfect building block for the Wolves moving forward. I think he's going to be the Andre Drummond of the West as early as next year. 

Some other bigs we could add are, obviously, Asik, but also Gortat, Dalembert, Verajao, or Chandler.  

But I disagree about Love playing the 3.  Lebron may be heavier, but he's also MUCH quicker, MUCH more agile, and MUCH more athletic.

I like the idea of adding Luol Deng if he would be willing to take a little less money to come to a playoff  team with promise. He can score in a lot of different ways, and is a defensive terror.  Also I'd like to see Pierce come back and win 6th man of the year.

Bradley, Hump, and Green go in trade or release to make monetary space for Deng, and lets say Asik.

Rondo-Bayless-Deng-Love-Asik.   Bench:  Pressey-C. Johnson-Pierce-Wallace-Olynyk-Bass-Fav. 

Admittedly the Bench would need some bolstering/upgrading, but between Pressey, Pierce, Wallace, and Olynyk that may be the best passing bench in the NBA, So I think they could score. 

Crunchtime Lineup would be Rondo, Deng, Pierce, Love, Asik. Dangerous from anywhere on the court. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

What is the point of creating lineups that will NEVER be.

Might as well conjure up the situation of who would win in a fist fight, Superman or Thor!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Superman

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I would prefer:

Rondo

Haywood

Green

Love

Asik

KO and Bradley off the bench with Pressey, Wallace, and Fav.

That team is young, eager, and well ballanced between O and D IMHO.  Using expiring contracts, non-guaranteed contracts, and picks, both this year and the future I think this is possible.  Hump, Bass, Bogans, amoung others.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Man, pretty sad

The same posters have to keep being told that it is HayWARD not HayWOOD and that Kevin Love is NOT as SF.

Da was told that numerous times the other day but feels the need to start a thread on it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Lebron is heavier than Love right now and he is at SF.

Bird was as tall and slow at SF and it never really hurt his team.

So here's a team I like going into next season.

Rondo-Green-Love-Olynyk-Dieng

With the length of Kells and Dieng I am not worried about Green and Love getting beat off the dribble. ( Plus Green has chase down block ability)

Dieng is a really outstanding center already. Defensively and offensively. In limited exposure has already had a 5 block game and a 20 points 20 rebounds 4 assists game.(Probably going to cost Pressey and future picks to get him.)

Green brings incredible length to the 2. He would have to learn how to close out under control so he doesnt get totally faked out and just dare 2's to try and shoot over his arms.

Love vs Lebron, Lebron cant be stopped one on one by anyone but PJ Tucker 25% of the time. Sooo at least Love can make the King work on D and put some fouls on him. Make him ride the pine!

Bradley becomes a six man of the year type guy reducing his workload and increasing his effeciency by extending his health.

Bird could play small forward because he was one of the best ball handling and passing forwards in the history of the world.

Love? Not so much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Might as well conjure up the situation of who would win in a fist fight, Superman or Thor!

Come on. Thor would kill Superman.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

DACeltics,

Please. Love is PF. Also, he isn't known as a good defender.

Since you mentioned Lebron, can you imagine how many circles Lebron'd manage to run around KL if he plays 3.

AK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Come on. Thor would kill Superman.

I like Supe alot, but dang that hammer is pretty tough to deal with...make one with a Kryptonite tip and we might be in biz cuz!

Sections
Shortcuts