Love in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Love in Boston

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

but they both know the formula for title contention. you need a "big 3". and they know that. 

What Big 3?

With Love and Rondo getting max contracts, it's very unlikely the Celts will be able to get that 3rd superstar.

Point being they know they can't both get max contracts and expect to win a title. They would have to do what miami's big 3 did and take a discount to add that 3rd wheel. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Why add a player like Love. Such a waste. All they need to do is draft a top 5 player all time and they will be better off. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

When you have a shot at getting the best PF in the game - you take that shot!

Agree.

But you said Love, Rondo, and Mayo.

Do you believe Love, Rondo, and Mayo will be able to win Banner 18 for us Celtic fans?

[/

Fierce - "anything is possible" 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Fierce - "anything is possible" 

After KG said that, the Celts never won a championship again.

Trust in DA! Best GM in the business! 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I hope Gorgui Dieng is coming our way in any K.Love deal.

FORGET PEKOVIC!!!!!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

+1

Exactly right.  If we go this route, we are a second round and out for the next 4 years and then we are back to where we are now.

Fierce, if this past draft has shown anything, along with our past chances of getting that "superstar" via draft, it's that we definetly should NOT pin our hopes to the draft for the next Lebron/Durant. Not that we can't get a diamond in the rough who will exceed expectations, like we have before (PP, Rondo). I'm just not into praying for losses all season long, then keeping my fingers crossed come lottery time only to be let down yet again. Have we not been let down enough? Love and Rondo is better then crossing those fingers for ping-pong balls that NEVER go our way. This past lottery really sucked the wind right out of my sails when it comes to building a young team through the draft. Too, I don't think we'll give up ALL our surplus of lottery picks for Love. I'm not sold on the Melo idea myself.

Here's the thing, after 3-4 years of getting eliminated in the playoffs, the Celts will be back to where they are at this point in time.

And that is searching for a solution to make it back to the Finals.

If you're going to tell me that you're fine with the Celts just making the playoffs every year then I won't argue with you because that's a valid point.

But I've been a Celtic fan for almost 30 years now and I'm really not into just seeing the Celts in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to tompenny's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Trading all our assets for Love would be a tragic blunder of epic proportions.  I truly believe Sullinger will not be far behind Love....if the Celtics ever use him properly, which they didn't last year.

Hilarious. I like Sully but Sully's best games as a Celtic are what Love averages per game...

Really?  Love's 2nd year in the league - 14 pts, 11 rebs.  Sully - 13 pts, 8 rebs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

OK, food for some radical thought:

Luol Deng is not likely to resign in Cleveland.  Utah is way below the minimum salary requirement.  They will have to take on junk salaries just to get to the minimum required salary.  So how about trading Gerald Wallace to Utah for a trade exception (add #17 as incentive).

In Love deal, with Bognas, Babb and Johnson, the Celts can offer immediate $7M salary relief.  Then they have to sweeten the pot.  Phoenix here is a big competitor if Love will be open to going there.

The lineup of Rondo, Green, Deng, Love and Olynyk will be a very interesting lineup.  AB, Bass and others round up the rotation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Thoughts from reading this thread: 

Durant may not be what we think. Couldn't even force a game 7 with no Parker too! Sad! Hes a great scorer, but honestly Westbrook and He may never get it done. They seem chokerish

swcond, I will gladly take a playoff appearance each season over tanking trying to find the next LBJ. The NBA title over the next 5-7 years will be won by LBJ, Durnat or a lucky team. With Rondo - Love and pieces we could be that team. 

Also, here's how I view team building... We could build through the draft a la Indy and waste 5 years just to end up not being good enough or we start with two talented players and go from there with luring FA-trades-etc... 

Gimme Love and the płayoffs next year. Even if we find the next star he won't be better than Durant or LBJ

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Thoughts from reading this thread: 

Durant may not be what we think. Couldn't even force a game 7 with no Parker too! Sad! Hes a great scorer, but honestly Westbrook and He may never get it done. They seem chokerish

swcond, I will gladly take a playoff appearance each season over tanking trying to find the next LBJ. The NBA title over the next 5-7 years will be won by LBJ, Durnat or a lucky team. With Rondo - Love and pieces we could be that team. 

Also, here's how I view team building... We could build through the draft a la Indy and waste 5 years just to end up not being good enough or we start with two talented players and go from there with luring FA-trades-etc... 

Gimme Love and the płayoffs next year. Even if we find the next star he won't be better than Durant or LBJ

i 2nd this....

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

+1

Exactly right.  If we go this route, we are a second round and out for the next 4 years and then we are back to where we are now.

Fierce, if this past draft has shown anything, along with our past chances of getting that "superstar" via draft, it's that we definetly should NOT pin our hopes to the draft for the next Lebron/Durant. Not that we can't get a diamond in the rough who will exceed expectations, like we have before (PP, Rondo). I'm just not into praying for losses all season long, then keeping my fingers crossed come lottery time only to be let down yet again. Have we not been let down enough? Love and Rondo is better then crossing those fingers for ping-pong balls that NEVER go our way. This past lottery really sucked the wind right out of my sails when it comes to building a young team through the draft. Too, I don't think we'll give up ALL our surplus of lottery picks for Love. I'm not sold on the Melo idea myself.

Here's the thing, after 3-4 years of getting eliminated in the playoffs, the Celts will be back to where they are at this point in time.

If you're going to tell me that you're fine with the Celts just making the playoffs every year then I won't argue with you because that's a valid point.

But I've been a Celtic fan for almost 30 years now and I'm really not into just seeing the Celts in the playoffs.

??? So, if we start to build a team around Rondo and Love, you already know that they would go no further then the 2nd round? Even though this would once again be an ideal player destination? To play with a playoff tried and tested, All-star, pass 1st PG and arguably the top PF in the league? Stockton and Malone 2.0. If I was a player, I'd rather come to Boston then a team like OKC. At least in Boston, I'd know I would get to see the ball a lot more. Good luck with Durant and Westbrook taking all the shots. Not to mention, we're a big market with a championship tradition (hence Loves' interest). I think we'd have really good players flocking here to fill up the other starting rolls in no time.

I understand all this is well and good in theory. Makes perfect sense ONLY if the dollars work out right. If Rondo and Love get too money hungry, and want the lions share, then I would agree with your assessment. But in todays NBA, stars are seeing that to make a championship run, they can't bog the franchise down with too hefty a contract. That's when we see who really cares about winning in this league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

+1

??? So, if we start to build a team around Rondo and Love, you already know that they would go no further then the 2nd round? Even though this would once again be an ideal player destination? To play with a playoff tried and tested, All-star, pass 1st PG and arguably the top PF in the league? Stockton and Malone 2.0. If I was a player, I'd rather come to Boston then a team like OKC. At least in Boston, I'd know I would get to see the ball a lot more. Good luck with Durant and Westbrook taking all the shots. Not to mention, we're a big market with a championship tradition (hence Loves' interest). I think we'd have really good players flocking here to fill up the other starting rolls in no time.

I understand all this is well and good in theory. Makes perfect sense ONLY if the dollars work out right. If Rondo and Love get too money hungry, and want the lions share, then I would agree with your assessment. But in todays NBA, stars are seeing that to make a championship run, they can't bog the franchise down with too hefty a contract. That's when we see who really cares about winning in this league.

What did Stockton and Malone ever win?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I want championships, not 5 years of mediocrity leading back to where we are now only with none of the assets that we currently have.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I want championships, not 5 years of mediocrity leading back to where we are now only with none of the assets that we currently have.

So assets are a sure thing towards championships huh? Assets and crossed fingers.... let me know how that works out for you. Since you can tell the future, you should open up a shop in Salem.

Sections
Shortcuts