Love in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Love in Boston

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I don't understand how Rondo sucks.

He's no Westbrook that's for sure, but we are talking about the same Rondo right?

You know, the one that averaged 18/11/6 in the 2012 playoffs looking like our best player?

Rondo has a lot of weaknesses but he's no slouch

That's ancient history and he was playing with a couple of HOF'rs....he looks like what he is...NOT a top ten PG...he's not....in fact, he's becoming WEAK SAUCE at this point....nobody is breaking down the doors to come to Boston to play with him are they? His rep around the league is what? It's just as much that he's a psychotic ball-hog as it is he's a decent PG. It's time for both parties to part company before he walks and we get NADA for him because he'll find some desperate sucker GM willing to give him a max contract. DA will be out of his mind if he gives it to him because he's just not worth it....and before you ask me who will run the team if the Wee Devilman PG isn't here, heck, looks like we'll have to draft and develop one or trade for one...small loss in any event because we will not win a championship any time soon with him or without him...or Love for that matter.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

He's no Westbrook that's for sure, but we are talking about the same Rondo right?

You know, the one that averaged 18/11/6 in the 2012 playoffs looking like our best player?

No slouch but no longer a star, much less a superstar.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

No slouch but no longer a star, much less a superstar.

Pud

Good to see you acknowledge that he was a star.

We have been seeing Rondo playing on a team of aging stars, a team that was in a serious negative spiral.  On top of it he got seriously injured.

The biggest unknown is what toll will the injury take on him.  Otherwise I will be really excited about seeing Rondo running again with a bunch of younger and quality players.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Unreal...Love isn't here yet, Rondon't still sucks, can't shoot, can't drive the lane any longer, doesn't play D except to attempt to reach around guards to slap away the ball when they easily go around him, can't close out games with a lead with 2 minutes left and can't bribe a free throw into the hoop in the 4th quarter with all of Ballmer's $$$$.

Get over it....Rondo sucks big time...it's fact...if he was any good he'd have beaten out the OTHER headcase, Westbrook, to make it on the U.S. Olympic team. There were many a superstar on that team and I NEVER heard a single one of them then or now complain that Rondo should have made the team over Westbrook. Have you?

And Faux Hawk? When he plays a regular rotation and produces then I'll believe in him. He's got to make it this year or he's nothing but Fab Melo all over again. And right now, based on his court awareness and productivity, he's not any better than the Melo-one except he hasn't dented any door frames in Maine.

So Love took in a Red Sox game yesterday and hung out with Rondo... guess Love didn't hear that Rondo sucks.  Laughable...

I assume that IF they do get Love and Rondo stays you'll stop rooting for this team (that's what you do right, root for this team?) because Rondo stinks so bad?

Rondo coming off a knee injury wasn't going to be considered for an Olympic team, moreover who cares, I don't want our players burning themselves out that way.

Your analysis of Fav's skill set is about as spot on as your assessment of Rondo, so it can't be taken too seriously.  If you wanted to say he had injury issues that's one thing, but to say he had no "court awareness and productivity" when he played just makes you look clueless.  

When he played, including starting the first six games of the year he was very good and productive for a rookie.  His stat line per 36 minutes: 12 pts, 9 boards, 2 blocks and a steal.   The 2nd game of the season he had 12 pts, 18 boards and 6 blocks.

The team saw what he had then shut him down for the remainder of the season, they tanked.  So either you believe they tanked, or instead that mysteriously their best big man who started strong, with Brad Stevens calling him their best rim protector at one point just fell off at practice and couldn't play anymore.  You can't say it happened on the floor because when he played he was very solid.

If Paul Pierce can go down with a mystery injury, Sebastian Telfair starts over Rondo, If Ryan Gomes is the starting power forward instead of Al Jefferson, if the team refuses to play Jefferson and Perkins together in 2006 than you can damn well believe they would tank AGAIN in a heartbeat to improve this team.  I was here saying this in 2006, I've been here a long time making these kind of predictions and have survived... bar injury I'll be correct yet again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Unreal...Love isn't here yet, Rondon't still sucks, can't shoot, can't drive the lane any longer, doesn't play D except to attempt to reach around guards to slap away the ball when they easily go around him, can't close out games with a lead with 2 minutes left and can't bribe a free throw into the hoop in the 4th quarter with all of Ballmer's $$$$.

Get over it....Rondo sucks big time...it's fact...if he was any good he'd have beaten out the OTHER headcase, Westbrook, to make it on the U.S. Olympic team. There were many a superstar on that team and I NEVER heard a single one of them then or now complain that Rondo should have made the team over Westbrook. Have you?

And Faux Hawk? When he plays a regular rotation and produces then I'll believe in him. He's got to make it this year or he's nothing but Fab Melo all over again. And right now, based on his court awareness and productivity, he's not any better than the Melo-one except he hasn't dented any door frames in Maine.

So Love took in a Red Sox game yesterday and hung out with Rondo... guess Love didn't hear that Rondo sucks.  Laughable...

I assume that IF they do get Love and Rondo stays you'll stop rooting for this team (that's what you do right, root for this team?) because Rondo stinks so bad?

Rondo coming off a knee injury wasn't going to be considered for an Olympic team, moreover who cares, I don't want our players burning themselves out that way.

Your analysis of Fav's skill set is about as spot on as your assessment of Rondo, so it can't be taken too seriously.  If you wanted to say he had injury issues that's one thing, but to say he had no "court awareness and productivity" when he played just makes you look clueless.  

When he played, including starting the first six games of the year he was very good and productive for a rookie.  His stat line per 36 minutes: 12 pts, 9 boards, 2 blocks and a steal.   The 2nd game of the season he had 12 pts, 18 boards and 6 blocks.

The team saw what he had then shut him down for the remainder of the season, they tanked.  So either you believe they tanked, or instead that mysteriously their best big man who started strong, with Brad Stevens calling him their best rim protector at one point just fell off at practice and couldn't play anymore.  You can't say it happened on the floor because when he played he was very solid.

If Paul Pierce can go down with a mystery injury, Sebastian Telfair starts over Rondo, If Ryan Gomes is the starting power forward instead of Al Jefferson, if the team refuses to play Jefferson and Perkins together in 2006 than you can damn well believe they would tank AGAIN in a heartbeat to improve this team.  I was here saying this in 2006, I've been here a long time making these kind of predictions and have survived... bar injury I'll be correct yet again.

Wozzy, for once all I can say to you is...put down the pipe brother...We've seen the best of Rondon't...he's past his peak and ain't ever coming back...the man stopped moving well BEFORE he was injured...and Faux Hawk? Are you serious with this "they sat him down to tank" bs? LMFAO, ROFL...man, you are too smart to write that guff...I respect you Woz, we've had our differences in the past, but I simply do not agree with you and hope you accept that...if not, too bad for both of us...as was said earlier, these are opinions...don't take things so personally JUST BECAUSE RONDON'T NOW SUCKS AND FAUX HAWK IS A SCRUB AT BEST...lmfao!...IF i'M WRONG, I'LL FREELY ADMIT IT RIGHT ON THIS NETWORK BABY!  And yes, I will always root for the Celtics...I've been rooting for them since 1960! They've had far worse teams than this one!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wozzy, for once all I can say to you is...put down the pipe brother...We've seen the best of Rondon't...he's past his peak and ain't ever coming back...the man stopped moving well BEFORE he was injured...and Faux Hawk? Are you serious with this "they sat him down to tank" bs? LMFAO, ROFL...man, you are too smart to write that guff...I respect you Woz, we've had our differences in the past, but I simply do not agree with you and hope you accept that...if not, too bad for both of us...as was said earlier, these are opinions...don't take things so personally JUST BECAUSE RONDON'T NOW SUCKS AND FAUX HAWK IS A SCRUB AT BEST...lmfao!...IF i'M WRONG, I'LL FREELY ADMIT IT RIGHT ON THIS NETWORK BABY!  And yes, I will always root for the Celtics...I've been rooting for them since 1960! They've had far worse teams than this one!

Time will tell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Time will tell.

Peace my brother...peace!

Loved your work about the NFL draft BTW...good stuff!

Sections
Shortcuts