Love in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: Love in Boston

Leave him alone you media scum!!! And don't anyone let him pick up his own tab..... pending. Court him nicely Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

K. Love

I like....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Kevin Love will just make the Celts a playoff team, not a championship team.

But I think if the objective of the owners is just to make money then Kevin Love will suffice.

Think about it, Rondo and Kevin Love versus Lebron's team or Durant's team?

The Celts will always exit in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I mean just watch the east and west finals this season and you'll know that Lebron and Durant on a different level.

Agreed, but Love and Rondo will make one very tasty draw for this club. It's a very good start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Kevin Love will just make the Celts a playoff team, not a championship team.

But I think if the objective of the owners is just to make money then Kevin Love will suffice.

Think about it, Rondo and Kevin Love versus Lebron's team or Durant's team?

The Celts will always exit in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I mean just watch the east and west finals this season and you'll know that Lebron and Durant on a different level.

In DA we trust! If it is Love - then DA must have a plan (Mayo and ??) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

More Love in Boston!

K. Love

Marc Atiyeh was walking down Boylston Street with his mother on Saturday when he spotted Kevin Love.

Atiyeh, a Celtics fan, immediately recognized the Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star forward, whose visit to Boston this weekend has created a stir among Celtics fans hoping their team can land Love in a potential deal, maybe this summer.

Atiyeh then turned to his mother, who’s not much of a basketball fan, and told her that Love was one of the best players in the NBA.

Atiyeh’s mother then told Love that her son had just graduated from Harvard and asked if he would mind taking a photo with him. Love was happy to oblige and took about five photos, one of which has spread like wildfire through social media.

“He was super, super friendly — super, super nice,” said Atiyeh, a 22-year-old from Lebanon who graduated with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.

Before the two parted ways, Atiyeh said he told Love, “MVP next year.”

Love smiled in response.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Agreed, but Love and Rondo will make one very tasty draw for this club. It's a very good start.

It would be the start and it would also be the end because both Rondo and Love are due for contract extensions that are worth the max.

Remember, both Rondo and Love didn't get the max the last time they re-signed with their respective teams.

Rondo is gunning for that 108m contract.

but they both know the formula for title contention. you need a "big 3". and they know that. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Even if get Love and Mayo to play with Rondo, you really think that will be good enough to eliminate Lebron's team or Durant's team?

I'm pretty sure the Celts will not be winning a championship in the next 5 years.

But the Celts will also make the playoffs for the next 5 years if Love comes to Boston.

So what's the downside?

Celts will have no lottery picks.

No lottery picks means the Celts will have no shot at the next NBA superstar.

Love is an NBA superstar - I rather take a shot at a sure thing - versus - sitting back in late May each year and watching another team win the lotto and get the best player!

Trust DA - If he trades for Love - there is likely more to his plan!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Even if get Love and Mayo to play with Rondo, you really think that will be good enough to eliminate Lebron's team or Durant's team?

I'm pretty sure the Celts will not be winning a championship in the next 5 years.

But the Celts will also make the playoffs for the next 5 years if Love comes to Boston.

So what's the downside?

Love is an NBA superstar - I rather take a shot at a sure thing - versus - sitting back in late May each year and watching another team win the lotto and get the best player!

i agree with this...if DA is planning to bring in love...there will be more to it...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Retweeted by Baxter Holmes
    Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi · 6h
    Kevin Love grew up watching old tapes of 1980s Lakers-Celtics games. "When other kids were watching Big Bird, I was watching Larry Bird."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Love is an NBA superstar - I rather take a shot at a sure thing - versus - sitting back in early June each year and watch another team win the lotto and get the best player!

Yes, Love is a superstar, but not on the same level as a young KG.

Love has never averaged 1 block per game his whole career.

Celts are going to need an Asik type Center to compensate for Love's not being good on defense.

Whatever plans DA has, the question remains, will it be good enough to beat Lebron's team or Durant's team?

Lebron has 3-5 years left of playing at a very high level.

Durant has 5-7 years left of being the best or 2nd best NBA player.

Rondo, Love, and Mayo are not good enough to beat Lebron or Durant.

Remember the 1990s when nobody could beat MJ in the Finals?

This is a similar situation.

It will always be Lebron or Durant or both in the Finals every year for the next 5 years. 

Let me ask you this - at the end of last season, if someone would have said the Cs could trade PP, KG, and Sully for K. Love + earn the right to swap 1st round picks with the Nets in 2017, what would you have said in response?

My point being, K. Love will likely cost 3-first round picks (equivalent of Nets haul - minus rights to swap 2017 picks) and Sully!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

It would be the start and it would also be the end because both Rondo and Love are due for contract extensions that are worth the max.

Remember, both Rondo and Love didn't get the max the last time they re-signed with their respective teams.

Where have you seen this? I've heard a few people on here say he's wanting a max deal. Yet no one has shown me an article or listing where Rondo has stated this, or even let it be known. Love is worth it, IMO. Rondo isn't, IMO. Is it just everyone stating their assumptions? I haven't heard anything from Rondo or his camp stating that he's wanting a max deal. The only thing I've heard is that he wants to stay in Boston, but too, he wants to try free agency. That tells me, he knows he's not worth/going to get max dollars. So he'll try to get as much as he can via the open market. That's my hunch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

So what's the downside?

Fierce, if this past draft has shown anything, along with our past chances of getting that "superstar" via draft, it's that we definetly should NOT pin our hopes to the draft for the next Lebron/Durant. Not that we can't get a diamond in the rough who will exceed expectations, like we have before (PP, Rondo). I'm just not into praying for losses all season long, then keeping my fingers crossed come lottery time only to be let down yet again. Have we not been let down enough? Love and Rondo is better then crossing those fingers for ping-pong balls that NEVER go our way. This past lottery really sucked the wind right out of my sails when it comes to building a young team through the draft. Too, I don't think we'll give up ALL our surplus of lottery picks for Love. I'm not sold on the Melo idea myself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Lets say they take Wallace Bogans and #6 and a future pick.

We could have Rondo-Green-Love-Sullinger-Olynyk (REBOUNDS!!!)

2nd team- Pressey-Bradley-PJ Tucker-Paul Pierce-Faverani

Pierce is every bit a pf as Milsap is.

No he is not

We're really going to start 3 PF's?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

I really dont mind K Love at all. Its just a matter of price tag. Lay off of Olynyk, Vonleh, or Gordon.

Vonleh- Big Al potential

Gordon- Grant Hill potential

Olynyk - Dirk potential

WRONG

WRONG

and WRONG

Vonleh has more upside as a defender than a scorer he is NOTHING like Al. He is probably more like PJ Brown or Marcus Camby. 

Gordon is Shawn Marion, the comparison I have been making for months, he is bigger, stronger, more athletic and a better defender than Hill, but isn't anywhere near the playmaker or shooter/scorer.

You need to STOP making Olynyk/Dirk comparisons NOW. Olynyk can be Christian Laettner or Brad Miller.

These pink hat fanboy comparisons are so amusing. Do you even watch the players before you throw them out there?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and yet somehow when the 'start' was Pierce and Ray both making the max in 2007-2010 (16-18 million) the team was still able to go out and 'finish' by adding KG, the most expensive individual in the NBA at the time (21-23 million)

All with a salary cap 10 million less than the one out there now. Your argument, as usual. holds no water and is negative anti-Celtic hyperbole.

Rondo makes 13 million next year, Love 15.5.

I think the C's can get a guy like Asik to protect the rim and find a way to get player added to the mix to turn them from 'just' a playoff team into a contender. Miami is approaching Boston in 2010 status and I think just adding Love and Asik with a completely healthy Rondo and Wallace, improved Bradley, Pressey and Olynyk and 1 more veteran bench player at the expense of Faverani, Bass, Sully, Hump and Bayless would make the C's better than the Pacers.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts