Love in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Love in Boston

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I want championships, not 5 years of mediocrity leading back to where we are now only with none of the assets that we currently have.

So assets are a sure thing towards championships huh? Assets and crossed fingers.... let me know how that works out for you. Since you can tell the future, you should open up a shop in Salem.

No, can't tell the future, but I can learn from the past.  What has Love done for Minnesota?  Nothing.  Zero playoff appearances in 6 years.  Love is the darling of pink hats and casual fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I want championships, not 5 years of mediocrity leading back to where we are now only with none of the assets that we currently have.

So assets are a sure thing towards championships huh? Assets and crossed fingers.... let me know how that works out for you. Since you can tell the future, you should open up a shop in Salem.

No, can't tell the future, but I can learn from the past.  What has Love done for Minnesota?  Nothing.  Zero playoff appearances in 6 years.  Love is the darling of pink hats and casual fans.

....and another thing.  I haven't seen anything that proves that Sully can't be the next Kevin Love or 90% of what Love is.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

DrBoogie

Take the case of the Spurs.

They got Tim Duncan in 1997 and Duncan and the Spurs are in the Finals of 2014.

That's 17 years of being a contender.

Trying to win with Rondo is only a 5-year window.

Rondo will be 33 years old 5 years from now.

So you'd rather take a chance on landing the next Duncan so we can have a longer stint of winning? Taking a chance on Boston being 1 out of 30 teams to land the next superstar of the decade? Someone who could arguably be the "GOAT" at their position. Wow. It's kinda like graduating high school and playing Powerball instead of going to college, don't you think? I don't very much like those odds. Especially considering there may be no jackpot at all in most of those drawings. Just a couple $100 bills.

That's what I'm talking about Fierce. This "5-year window". Is this another thing you're sure that's going to happen? Or just a guess? My, we have a lot of future tellers on this board. Everything is not written in stone, and everyone's life is not the same. By your analogy, why aren't all #1 picks as good as Lebron? See what I'm getting at?  You don't know how all of this is really going to unfold. No one does. So don't pretend.

And I don't remember the Spurs being a contender for all of those 17 years dude. That's false. In fact, didn't they get knocked out in the 1st round, 2 years in a row once?

If we could be ensured of getting the next big star via draft, I'm on board. We've tried.... a few times. Didn't go so well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

TJ - Love is the best PF in the game! What did KG do before he came to Boston?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I can't understand not wanting to have a legitimate top 10-15 player who is entering his prime added to your team.  That is why teams tank...to maybe, hopefully add a guy like Kevin Love.  The Celtics could tank for the next 4, 5, 6 years and never get a player of his caliber.  

Yes, winning a championship is extremely difficult, Kevin Love isn't going to do it single handedly, but if you wait until you have the opportunity to draft the next Lebron or Durant you could be (and probably will be) waiting forever.  The real way you build a championship contending team is by making the most of every opportunity presented.  This is one of those opportunities, and Danny has to take advantage of it.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

So you'd rather take a chance on landing the next Duncan so we can have a longer stint of winning? Taking a chance on Boston being 1 out of 30 teams to land the next superstar of the decade? Someone who could arguably be the "GOAT" at their position. Wow. It's kinda like graduating high school and playing Powerball instead of going to college, don't you think? I don't very much like those odds. Especially considering there may be no jackpot at all in most of those drawings. Just a couple $100 bills.

That's what I'm talking about Fierce. This "5-year window". Is this another thing you're sure that's going to happen? Or just a guess? My, we have a lot of future tellers on this board. Everything is not written in stone, and everyone's life is not the same. By your analogy, why aren't all #1 picks as good as Lebron? See what I'm getting at?  You don't know how all of this is really going to unfold. No one does. So don't pretend.

And I don't remember the Spurs being a contender for all of those 17 years dude. That's false. In fact, didn't they get knocked out in the 1st round, 2 years in a row once?

If we could be ensured of getting the next big star via draft, I'm on board. We've tried.... a few times. Didn't go so well.

Come on, when did you start becoming a Celtic fan?

The Celtics won 1 championship the last 27 years.

Experience tells me the Bulls last won in 1998 with MJ and the Bulls have never made it to the Finals since.

Same with Houston after Olajuwon left.

Also the case after the Knicks made it to the Finals in 1999 and Indy lost to the Lakers in the 2000 Finals.

The Celts don't have to have the #1 pick just a lottery pick.

Continue to develop players like Sully, Oly, and Bradley.

Hopefully the Celts get lucky in the 2015 and 2016 draft.

The Spurs were always in the playoffs with Duncan, right?

Every time you have a Tim Duncan, you're always a contender.

History tells us that every year the Finals always has an MVP player playing in it!

And Detroit? Back to back Detroit?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Hey, I like Shakespeare. But the past is NOT always prologue. Kevin was all alone in Minny. In the western conference to boot. You gunna blame that on Kevin? Minny has no clue what they are doing. Never has.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

TJ - Love is the best PF in the game! What did KG do before he came to Boston?

Come on, BCSP, Love is nowhere near KG's level.

KG was a 2-way player and an MVP player when the Celts acquired him in 2007.

Blake Griffin is the best PF in the NBA today.

Proof of this is Griffin was in the top 5 of the MVP voting this season.

Kevin Love is NOT an MVP type player.

ESPN ranks them: 1) Love 2) Davis 3) Griffin! 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Seriously, Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars are Hall of Famers!

How many All-Stars did that back to back Pistons team had?

That's why I asked, who is the 3rd superstar.

If you don't have a Lebron or a Durant, you better have 3 or 4 All-Stars.

How many current all stars do the Spurs have? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Seriously, Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars are Hall of Famers!

How many All-Stars did that back to back Pistons team had?

That's why I asked, who is the 3rd superstar.

If you don't have a Lebron or a Durant, you better have 3 or 4 All-Stars.

My bad Fierce. It wasn't the back to back titled Pistons. Chauncey Billips, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, etc, etc. THOSE Pistons. That's who I meant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

I can't understand not wanting to have a legitimate top 10-15 player who is entering his prime added to your team.  That is why teams tank...to maybe, hopefully add a guy like Kevin Love.  The Celtics could tank for the next 4, 5, 6 years and never get a player of his caliber.  

Yes, winning a championship is extremely difficult, Kevin Love isn't going to do it single handedly, but if you wait until you have the opportunity to draft the next Lebron or Durant you could be (and probably will be) waiting forever.  The real way you build a championship contending team is by making the most of every opportunity presented.  This is one of those opportunities, and Danny has to take advantage of it.  

+1. Exactly my point.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Hey, I like Shakespeare. But the past is NOT always prologue. Kevin was all alone in Minny. In the western conference to boot. You gunna blame that on Kevin? Minny has no clue what they are doing. Never has.

Not true.

This season, Love had Kevin Martin who averaged 19 ppg.

Love, Martin, Pek, and Rubio and the Wolves couldn't even win 41 games.

You consider Kevin Martin a star player? Perrenial All-Star? I don't.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

The Spurs are in the finals again, and Duncan has been an MVP candidate, but he isn't this year.  They don't have an MVP caliber player on that team right now, and you could make the case that Love would be the best player on that team if he was there. 

They are in the finals because they are an incredibly well balanced, and well coached team.  

We don't have Duncan or Lebron, we are not getting Duncan or Lebron, and we are not drafting the next Duncan or Lebron.  The Cavaliers have been tanking to draft another Lebron ever since he left. They just got the #1 pick...AGAIN. But would any of us truly trade in our Celtics loyalties to be a fan of that team???  And does anyone truly believe that they will ever be a perennial championship contender? I don't.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

My bad Fierce. It wasn't the back to back titled Pistons. Chauncey Billips, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, etc, etc. THOSE Pistons. That's who I meant.

That Pistons team won only 1 championship.

They lost to the Spurs in 2005.

Would the Pistons have won in 2004 if Karl Malone didn't get injured?

The NBA is a superstar driven league because it's a business first and a sport second.

And please don't compare Rondo and Love to the 2004 Pistons because that 2004 Pistons team was a very good defensive team.

You're twisting the conversation. I'm not comparing those teams in that way. You asked what team has won a championship without a top level star, and I answered it. Point being, it can be done. Has happened once. Will happen again. Spare me the "if", "and", or "but" scenario. One can only speculate.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

You consider Kevin Martin a star player? Perrenial All-Star? I don't.

Why did you intentionally leave out Pek and Rubio?

The Wolves had 1 star player in Love and 3 quality players, Rubio, Pek, and Martin.

Let me ask you this, were the Wolves considered a defensive team in Love's 6 years in Minny?

Kevin Love is a one-way player, just an offensive player.

You can't count on him to make a defensive in crucial stages of a game.

According to ESPN Rubio ranks 28 in the league, among PG! 

Sections
Shortcuts