Love in Boston

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Love in Boston

The Celtics constructed a big three back in 2007 that many said had a 3 year window, they pushed it to 5. Should have been two titles but it was one. I enjoyed the ride. Did Fiercy?

Now he hates on the idea of getting an elite all-star PF age 25-26 b/c we will 'only' have a five year window with Rondo??

Love is twentyfuckenfiveyearsold Fiercy!

Duncan was that age in 2001!

Were the Spurs able to replace David Robinson, Avery Johnson, Sean Elliot, Steve Kerr, Bruce Bowen, Mario Elie and Steven Jackson and keep being contenders?

Jeez.

They have 38 and 32 year old's Duncan and Parker, we'd have 26 and 29 year old's Love and Rondo next year. Oh well, only a 'five year window'

Can we get 3rd-6th best players as good as Manu (age 35-36 these these two years in finals), Splitter (never averaged over 10.5 points or 6.5 rebounds), Leonard (drafted 15th, never averaged over 13 points) and Danny Green (averaged 9-10-9 points in 23-24-27 mins last 3 seasons).

Yawn

Wake up Fiercy your vomit trash posts don't add up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, I like Shakespeare. But the past is NOT always prologue. Kevin was all alone in Minny. In the western conference to boot. You gunna blame that on Kevin? Minny has no clue what they are doing. Never has.

[/QUOTE]

Not true.

This season, Love had Kevin Martin who averaged 19 ppg.

Love, Martin, Pek, and Rubio and the Wolves couldn't even win 41 games.

[/QUOTE]

You consider Kevin Martin a star player? Perrenial All-Star? I don't.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

The Spurs are in the finals again, and Duncan has been an MVP candidate, but he isn't this year.  They don't have an MVP caliber player on that team right now, and you could make the case that Love would be the best player on that team if he was there. 

They are in the finals because they are an incredibly well balanced, and well coached team.  

We don't have Duncan or Lebron, we are not getting Duncan or Lebron, and we are not drafting the next Duncan or Lebron.  The Cavaliers have been tanking to draft another Lebron ever since he left. They just got the #1 pick...AGAIN. But would any of us truly trade in our Celtics loyalties to be a fan of that team???  And does anyone truly believe that they will ever be a perennial championship contender? I don't.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My bad Fierce. It wasn't the back to back titled Pistons. Chauncey Billips, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, etc, etc. THOSE Pistons. That's who I meant.

[/QUOTE]

That Pistons team won only 1 championship.

They lost to the Spurs in 2005.

Would the Pistons have won in 2004 if Karl Malone didn't get injured?

The NBA is a superstar driven league because it's a business first and a sport second.

And please don't compare Rondo and Love to the 2004 Pistons because that 2004 Pistons team was a very good defensive team.

[/QUOTE]

You're twisting the conversation. I'm not comparing those teams in that way. You asked what team has won a championship without a top level star, and I answered it. Point being, it can be done. Has happened once. Will happen again. Spare me the "if", "and", or "but" scenario. One can only speculate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fiercy getting run all over in this thread.

His argument against adding Love is that it is only a 5 year window before Rondo turns 33?

Huh?

So Love will be 30 then and a 38 year old Duncan is in the finals.

Tony Parker is 32.

But the Celtics have 'only five years' to come up with somethings special and produce a title... then the window is over!

Oh no!

Better draft Doug McDermot and trade Rondo to the Lakers so we can draft Smart, tank again in 2015 and cross our fingers the next Duncan or LeBron is in that draft huh Fiercy?

How many titles did LeBron deliver to the Cavs by the way? Howard to the Magic? Melo to the Nuggets? Durant to the Thunder? Chris Paul to the Hornets/Clippers? Blake to the Clippers?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why did you intentionally leave out Pek and Rubio?

The Wolves had 1 star player in Love and 3 quality players, Rubio, Pek, and Martin.

Let me ask you this, were the Wolves considered a defensive team in Love's 6 years in Minny?

Kevin Love is a one-way player, just an offensive player.

You can't count on him to make a defensive in crucial stages of a game.

[/QUOTE]

According to ESPN Rubio ranks 28 in the league, among PG! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why did you intentionally leave out Pek and Rubio?

The Wolves had 1 star player in Love and 3 quality players, Rubio, Pek, and Martin.

Let me ask you this, were the Wolves considered a defensive team in Love's 6 years in Minny?

Kevin Love is a one-way player, just an offensive player.

You can't count on him to make a defensive in crucial stages of a game.

[/QUOTE]

Neither could you count on Ray Allen to do that either. Ray was strickly uni-dimensional. Not 1 of those guys you mentioned playing with Love is a "star" player. The closest would be Rubio. Ala Jason Williams negative 2.0. I wouldn't consider any one of those guys an elite player in this league.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Washington Post:

With the NBA now dominated less by centers and more by forwards in the versatile mold of Love, the Lakers’ Pau Gasol, the Clippers’ Blake Griffin and Portland’s LaMarcus Aldridge, having a strong interior defense is critical to a team’s success.
    But a closer examination of Minnesota’s numbers show that Love is not necessarily a defensive liability. The Timberwolves rank seventh in the NBA in rebounds allowed per 100 possessions with 43.2, demonstrating the second-chance opportunities that Love eliminates. And although Minnesota is currently outside the playoff picture, its defensive rating of 102.8 ranks 12th best, making it one of just three non-playoff teams in the top 15.
    Ultimately, teams coveting Love’s potential arrival on the free agent market next year know what they are getting: a superior scorer and rebounder with pedestrian athleticism and defensive skills. But for teams fighting for relevancy in the NBA standings, a player of Love’s caliber is a worthy prize.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

BCSP and DrBoogie

For the record, I'm not against getting Kevin Love.

Getting Kevin Love is good for the Celtic fans.

It's like a moral victory for Celtic fans.

But I don't think the Celtics will win a championship with a Rondo-Love tandem.

That's all I'm saying.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce - one thing we do agree on - in DA we trust! If it is a good deal for the Cs - DA will make it! 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

[QUOTE]

Washington Post:

With the NBA now dominated less by centers and more by forwards in the versatile mold of Love, the Lakers’ Pau Gasol, the Clippers’ Blake Griffin and Portland’s LaMarcus Aldridge, having a strong interior defense is critical to a team’s success.
    But a closer examination of Minnesota’s numbers show that Love is not necessarily a defensive liability. The Timberwolves rank seventh in the NBA in rebounds allowed per 100 possessions with 43.2, demonstrating the second-chance opportunities that Love eliminates. And although Minnesota is currently outside the playoff picture, its defensive rating of 102.8 ranks 12th best, making it one of just three non-playoff teams in the top 15.
    Ultimately, teams coveting Love’s potential arrival on the free agent market next year know what they are getting: a superior scorer and rebounder with pedestrian athleticism and defensive skills. But for teams fighting for relevancy in the NBA standis, a player of Love’s caliber is a worthy prize.

So the Celts are just a team like the Bucks or Cavs?

Celtic fans will be content by just becoming relevant in the standings?

I thought the goal is winning a championship?

[/

The Cs, like every other NBA team, covet a player who is a "superior scorer and rebounder" 

A good defensive rebounder takes possessions away from opposing teams! 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

The Cs, like every other NBA team, covet a player who is a "superior scorer and rebounder" 

A good defensive rebounder takes possessions from opposing teams! 

Agree.

But Love has been scoring and rebounding, a lot, for the Wolves for 6 years now and the Wolves didn't once make the playoffs.

You also need to be good defensively.

[/QUOTE]

So - you would walk away from Love? He is currently ranked the best PF in the game! He is young and available! 

You said yourself Boston is a tough lure for FAs! Well - it appears a highly coveted FA to be is about to fall in our lap!

AND based on the pics I have seen - he is impressed by the City!

You propose drafting unproven talent that may take years to develop -that may or may not bolt to greener pastures after their rookie deals expire!

Who is the bigger risk taker here! 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're twisting the conversation. I'm not comparing those teams in that way. You asked what team has won a championship without a top level star, and I answered it. Point being, it can be done. Has happened once. Will happen again. Spare me the "if", "and", or "but" scenario. One can only speculate.

[/QUOTE]

My point also is for the last 14 years, only one team was able to win a championship without having an MVP player on the team.

That's like the Powerball odds you were talking about.

All I'm saying is if you build through the draft, your window of opportunity is longer.

Just look at OKC.

They drafted Durant in 2007 and OKC was already in the Finals in 2012.

And OKC will continue to be a contender for many years to come.

[/QUOTE]

They were lucky enough to get one of those once-in-a-decade players. You think we'll be that lucky? With the way the Ping-Pong balls bounce for us?

I'd LOVE to have that type of player too. It's just not realistic. Haven't you learned that yet? I think every other C's fan has. What are the odds of us landing "that guy"? No. Give me Rondo and Love, and we'll build from there. They wont be the only ones to take us to the promise land. I know you want another name. I don't have one. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist. Or maybe even 2, or 3 more. Detroit came very close to winning another title in 2005. It can be done. They weren't a fluke.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So - you would walk away from Love? He is currently ranked the best PF in the game! He is young and available! 

You said yourself Boston is a tough lure for FA! We'll - it appears a highly coveted FA to be is about to fall in our lap!

AND based on the pics I have seen - is initially impressed by the City!

You propose taking unproven talent that will take years to develop -that May or may not bolt to greener pastures after their rookie deals expire! 

Who is the bigger risk taker here! 

[/QUOTE]

For the record, Love is not a free-agent.

If the Celts acquire Love, it would be through a trade.

Love's contract expires in 2016.

If the Celts only give up Sully and the #6 pick for Love, I'd do that deal.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce - I believe my post stated FA to be! In addition my earlier posts point to trade possibilities! 

Sections
Shortcuts