Love in Boston

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Love in Boston

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

They were lucky enough to get one of those once-in-a-decade players. You think we'll be that lucky? With the way the Ping-Pong balls bounce for us?

I'd LOVE to have that type of player too. It's just not realistic. Haven't you learned that yet? I think every other C's fan has. What are the odds of us landing "that guy"? No. Give me Rondo and Love, and we'll build from there. They wont be the only ones to take us to the promise land. I know you want another name. I don't have one. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist. Or maybe even 2, or 3 more. Detroit came very close to winning another title in 2005. It can be done. They weren't a fluke.

What are you talking about?

Paul Pierce was picked by the Celts at #10 and Pierce ended up becoming a Hall of Fame player.

Again, the Celts don't have to have the #1 pick.

What I don't want the Celts to end up is becoming like the Celtics of the 1990s.

Just gunning for the 8th seed!

Fierce - the great thing about all of your valid points - is DA knows this - AND - has thought through these scenarios 100 times, I am guessing! If DA goes all in for Love - he has a plan! 

In DA we trust!

Think of the other benefit to a K. Love trade - no GK on this board for several years! Lakers will be screwed!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

They were lucky enough to get one of those once-in-a-decade players. You think we'll be that lucky? With the way the Ping-Pong balls bounce for us?

I'd LOVE to have that type of player too. It's just not realistic. Haven't you learned that yet? I think every other C's fan has. What are the odds of us landing "that guy"? No. Give me Rondo and Love, and we'll build from there. They wont be the only ones to take us to the promise land. I know you want another name. I don't have one. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist. Or maybe even 2, or 3 more. Detroit came very close to winning another title in 2005. It can be done. They weren't a fluke.

What are you talking about?

Paul Pierce was picked by the Celts at #10 and Pierce ended up becoming a Hall of Fame player.

Again, the Celts don't have to have the #1 pick.

What I don't want the Celts to end up is becoming like the Celtics of the 1990s.

Just gunning for the 8th seed!

Don't lose me here dude. I didn't say #1 pick. I was talking about finding that once-in-a-decade player in reference to your Durant comment. And what did we win with just Paul Pierce? Nothing. We had to get elite talent around him. What you want could and would probably take at least 10 years or more. And hey, the book isn't shut on Rondo. He just may very well end up in the Hall of Fame himself. Could happen if he continues on with his career like he has when healthy.

You know, Paul was never a clutch free throw shooter till the later part of his career. He always struggled at the line in the waning moments till he reached his 30's. Just saying....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Hey, I like Shakespeare. But the past is NOT always prologue. Kevin was all alone in Minny. In the western conference to boot. You gunna blame that on Kevin? Minny has no clue what they are doing. Never has.

Not true.

This season, Love had Kevin Martin who averaged 19 ppg.

Love, Martin, Pek, and Rubio and the Wolves couldn't even win 41 games.

And to think Minnesota did all that tanking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

DrBoogie

Again, I'm not against Kevin Love to Boston.

All I'm saying is I don't think the Celts will win a championship with Love as the #1 option and Rondo as the #2 option.

Rondo has to be just the 4th option.

If the Celts can add Carmelo with Love and Rondo then that's a legit contender.

I don't disagree with any of that. But that's not "all" you were saying. You were also saying how you'd rather pass on Love and find our next super-star in the draft for the ideal scenario of a longer lasting championship run. That's VERY difficult to do my friend. Very difficult. A lot of luck involved. A crap shoot if you will. What I'm saying is..... is why bother when we possibly have one at our doorstep?  He's only 25-26! We got VERY lucky in landing Pierce don't forget. He dropped big time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

DrBoogie

Again, I'm not against Kevin Love to Boston.

All I'm saying is I don't think the Celts will win a championship with Love as the #1 option and Rondo as the #2 option.

Rondo has to be just the 4th option.

If the Celts can add Carmelo with Love and Rondo then that's a legit contender.

I don't disagree with any of that. But that's not "all" you were saying. You were also saying how you'd rather pass on Love and find our next super-star in the draft for the ideal scenario of a longer lasting championship run. That's VERY difficult to do my friend. Very difficult. A lot of luck involved. A crap shoot if you will. What I'm saying is..... is why bother when we possibly have one at our doorstep?  He's only 25-26! We got VERY lucky in landing Pierce don't forget. He dropped big time.

+1! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

To nobody in particular...

Love coming to Boston would entice Rondo to stay and vice versa, Love isn't coming to Boston if Rondo is leaving and their games would compliment each other nicely.  Hater's hate.

We'll have to give up something to get him beyond picks won't we?  Oly and/or Sully are redundant if we acquire Love.  Oly is the flavor of the week and his game is most similar to Love, I'm not a board cap expert but hopefully we could send one of our single largest contracts in the deal; Wallace or Green. 

Fav is the starting center, having a line up where 2-5 can shoot threes, suddenly all the pizzing and moaning about Rondo's shooting will be funny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

The better Idea is to draft the next Lebron, Duncan or Durant in the next 3 drafts hopefully 2 of them to build around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to tompenny's comment:

The better Idea is to draft the next Lebron, Duncan or Durant in the next 3 drafts hopefully 2 of them to build around.

the only thing with that...there is no lebron, duncan or durant in the next 3 drafts...well at lease i don't see it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Kevin Love is not the best power forward in the league regardless of what ESPN says.  I'd take Anthony Davis over Love all day long.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Kevin Love is not the best power forward in the league regardless of what ESPN says.  I'd take Anthony Davis over Love all day long.

He's not better right this second. He will be though. He's going to be the 3rd best player in the league very soon. He gets random injuries like Love too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Unreal...Love isn't here yet, Rondon't still sucks, can't shoot, can't drive the lane any longer, doesn't play D except to attempt to reach around guards to slap away the ball when they easily go around him, can't close out games with a lead with 2 minutes left and can't bribe a free throw into the hoop in the 4th quarter with all of Ballmer's $$$$.

Get over it....Rondo sucks big time...it's fact...if he was any good he'd have beaten out the OTHER headcase, Westbrook, to make it on the U.S. Olympic team. There were many a superstar on that team and I NEVER heard a single one of them then or now complain that Rondo should have made the team over Westbrook. Have you?

And Faux Hawk? When he plays a regular rotation and produces then I'll believe in him. He's got to make it this year or he's nothing but Fab Melo all over again. And right now, based on his court awareness and productivity, he's not any better than the Melo-one except he hasn't dented any door frames in Maine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Unreal...Love isn't here yet, Rondon't still sucks, can't shoot, can't drive the lane any longer, doesn't play D except to attempt to reach around guards to slap away the ball when they easily go around him, can't close out games with a lead with 2 minutes left and can't bribe a free throw into the hoop in the 4th quarter with all of Ballmer's $$$$.

Get over it....Rondo sucks big time...it's fact...if he was any good he'd have beaten out the OTHER headcase, Westbrook, to make it on the U.S. Olympic team. There were many a superstar on that team and I NEVER heard a single one of them then or now complain that Rondo should have made the team over Westbrook. Have you?

And Faux Hawk? When he plays a regular rotation and produces then I'll believe in him. He's got to make it this year or he's nothing but Fab Melo all over again. And right now, based on his court awareness and productivity, he's not any better than the Melo-one except he hasn't dented any door frames in Maine.

Well, we all have opinions.  You have yours and I have mine.  I am excited about the possibility of Rondo and Love playing together.  There is a possibility of doing a trade for Luol Deng (and get rid of your favorite target Jeff Green).  This will be an interesting off season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I don't understand how Rondo sucks.

He's no Westbrook that's for sure, but we are talking about the same Rondo right?

You know, the one that averaged 18/11/6 in the 2012 playoffs looking like our best player?

Rondo has a lot of weaknesses but he's no slouch

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to tompenny's comment:

He's not better right this second. He will be though. He's going to be the 3rd best player in the league very soon. He gets random injuries like Love too.

He impacts the game defensively, which Love doesn't....at all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Ugh....just the thought of Love going against Miami's defense makes me sick to my stomach.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Ugh....just the thought of Love going against Miami's defense makes me sick to my stomach.

K. love scored 28-points and grabbed 11-rebs on Miami defense, on April 4th this year. 

I am guessing it made Miami sick to their stomaches as well!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

K. love scored 28-points and grabbed 11-rebs on Miami defense, on April 4th this year. 

....and it only took him 27 shots to do it.  11-27 from the floor.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[/QUOTE]

And the Wolves won the game IN Miami!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

And the Wolves won the game IN Miami!

....and, yet, still failed to make the playoffs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Let's see....an April 4th game....I'm sure Miami was giving it their all.  Celtics also won in Miami without Love.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Let's see....an April 4th game....I'm sure Miami was giving it their all.  Celtics also won in Miami without Love.

I get it - you don't like K. Love! BUT statistically he is the best PF in the game! 

I am quite certain there are more teams, than just Boston, drooling over the possibility of adding K. Love to their roster. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

The Heat have won basketball games without Lebron. Therefore Lebron isn't that good amirite?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Well, we all have opinions.  You have yours and I have mine.  I am excited about the possibility of Rondo and Love playing together.  There is a possibility of doing a trade for Luol Deng (and get rid of your favorite target Jeff Green).  This will be an interesting off season.

I agree...about opinions and the level of excitement this off season...no matter how it turns out we still all love the C's and better times are ahead.

• Sections
    Shortcuts