love me some HUMPHRIES, how can we NOT keep him around NEXT YEAR too?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: love me some HUMPHRIES, how can we NOT keep him around NEXT YEAR too?

umm because he is the only attractive trade piece we have right now?

But yeah - if he would sign for a much smaller amount than his current deal, he should definitey be signed. 

I like him! And I never thought I would say that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I like him as well.....solid all around type of player.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hump and Bradley have become my favorite Celtics this year. Partly because they are both good players, but mostly because they both leave it all on the floor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I agree about A. Bradley & Humphries and I would start a Core of those 2 and Rondo, hoping he recovers from injury, and Sully and trade/let all the rest go without shedding a tear and build from the draft.

Living in the SF Bay area I go to a lot of Warriors games, love hearing "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston but now in addition to the Lakers it includes the Clippers. The Warriors are a young team that has largely been built through the draft. With Stephen Curry( the best 3 pt shooter in the game, I think) , Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes all drafted in the first round, the Warriors have become an extremely competitive & fun team to watch under the coaching of Mark Jackson and I think the "Cs" could do the same with a great draft & coaching under College Minded Stevens who has worked well with younger players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Always liked him.  Never put him in the Bass/Wallace/mustbetraded camp!

Hope he re-ups next year for about 2/12......good veteran and bench player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Wasn't a fan, but if we can sgn him for cheaper he is a good player. I would love to trade Wallace but unless we take back a just as bad contract I don't see it. Is Wallace amnesty eligble ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wasn't a fan, but if we can sgn him for cheaper he is a good player. I would love to trade Wallace but unless we take back a just as bad contract I don't see it. Is Wallace amnesty eligble ?

[/QUOTE]

No, he cannot be amnestied.  No player traded can be....and this is the last year it can be done.  I believe only Rondo can be amnestied.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Thanx, OK how about this? NOLA doesn't want Gordon and we don't want Wallace and Crawford seems to be regressing how about a Gordon for Wallace/Crawhford swap ? It works on the ESPN trade machine and if my math is right the difference in the Bayless/Lee trade will keep us under the cap. Gordon s contract is more $$ than Wallace in total but Gordon is a very good 2, which we need, and is only 25. Wallace is from the Alabama coast region and would be all for it too and we gert something for Crawford and don't have to worry about resigning him. We may even be able to swap LACs 1st for their 1st.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanx, OK how about this? NOLA doesn't want Gordon and we don't want Wallace and Crawford seems to be regressing how about a Gordon for Wallace/Crawhford swap ? It works on the ESPN trade machine and if my math is right the difference in the Bayless/Lee trade will keep us under the cap. Gordon s contract is more $$ than Wallace in total but Gordon is a very good 2, which we need, and is only 25. Wallace is from the Alabama coast region and would be all for it too and we gert something for Crawford and don't have to worry about resigning him. We may even be able to swap LACs 1st for their 1st.

[/QUOTE]

I love the trade.....but for the OTHER Gordon. 

Wallace and Crawford to CHA for Ben Gordon (13 mill expiring)

I want NOTHING to do with knucklehead and oft-injured-but-still-highly-paid Eric Gordon!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I like the idea of 2 veterans -
    Rondo and Humphries helping out this group for the next 2 years.

Wallace and Bass can go - Bayless is 25.....so keep him!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the idea of 2 veterans -
    Rondo and Humphries helping out this group for the next 2 years.

Wallace and Bass can go - Bayless is 25.....so keep him!

[/QUOTE]

Eric Gordon isn't my dream guy but he does fit abiiger need and the only way to shed Wallaces contract is to either give up a draft pick or take an almost as bad contract. Gordon would at leats give a young overpaid player who may turn it around. Who knows maybe Gordons problems were from injuries and maybe he's recovered. Wallace has no upside and 2 years from now he'll be farther down the slope, at least with Gordon he'll only 28 and with any kind of production here he would be a more tradable contract/player down the road. Any way you slice it getting loose of Wallace and Crawford even by taking on Gordon would be a move good for both teams.

34, I know Hump is a good trade chip but, if we can't get a good enough deal for him I wouldn't mind resigning him for less than he is making now,especially if Bass gets traded and we can sign him for as much as Bass. Asik is in town Monday so who knows ? Maybe Bass/Bogans/Crawford could go down. DA is really good at keeping trades on the DL until they happen.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Humphries is our best player, but he doesn't work financially.

We have Sullinger and Olynyk who are cheaper.

What we really need is an NBA center.

Embiid, please.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

HUMPHRIES is worth Scalabrine money at the least, but will probably get Rasheed Wallace/Jermain O'Neal money , you'd have to say he's worth it too.....

He's a keeper along with Bradley, Rondo, Sullinger, Olynyk (no more JoeJohnson/Chauncy Billups trades of rookies...)

Sections
Shortcuts