Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.

This win is important because of 2 things, the Spurs are coming on Wednesday and the Heat only have 9 losses. Don't take this win for granted, folks. If the Celts lose on Wednesday that means the Heat will just be 1 game away from tying the Celtics for first place in the east. So what if Davis only got 1 rebound? The Celtics won, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.:
    This win is important because of 2 things, the Spurs are coming on Wednesday and the Heat only have 9 losses. Don't take this win for granted, folks. If the Celts lose on Wednesday that means the Heat will just be 1 game away from tying the Celtics for first place in the east. So what if Davis only got 1 rebound, the Celtics won, right?
    Posted by P34

What is up with all the defensiveness?  I thought this board was about talking hoops?  This post wasn't about whether it was a good game or not, or whether the Celtics won, or whether Davis is good or not.

It was a post about a 23 rebound discrepancy at the power forward spot.  That's really all it's about.  It just kinda jumped out at me.  Call me crazy.  Ha.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigFive. Show TheBigFive's posts

Would love to have him wearing the green jersey in a couple of years.
    Come on Ainge, make it happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

True Shaq hasnt been rebounding a whole lot either... buts hes like 38 yrs old & the guy hes playing against isnt hauling down 24 rebounds like Love did. The issue here is that Love dominated the boards from the PF position...BBD's position.... getting 24 shows how great a rebounder Love is but Baby only pulling down 1...well, thats just hard to figure
    Posted by Karllost

it's not acceptable.  neither is shak disappearing from the rebounding scene alltogether and getting soundly outplayed by dinko milichuck.  marcheese daniels needs to be assertive in these games that we come into down 15ppg that kg gave us.  nate needs to lose the helen keller routine and rondo needs to not just dish out 50 million assists, but do a li'l scoring too.

are we missing clifford ray yet?  i'm not sure why we let him get away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : What is up with all the defensiveness?  I thought this board was about talking hoops?  This post wasn't about whether it was a good game or not, or whether the Celtics won, or whether Davis is good or not. It was a post about a 23 rebound discrepancy at the power forward spot.  That's really all it's about.  It just kinda jumped out at me.  Call me crazy.  Ha.
    Posted by Icon11

Maybe because this is the first time you saw Kevin Love play? The guy got 31 points and 31 rebounds back in November, first time since 1982 that a player did that. And he leads the NBA in rebounding that's why it's not supposed to shock you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

.. Players today are lazy. In that regard what ever happened to the full court press? If a coach told today's plays to run a full court press, they'd all be on the phone to their agents or the union after the game in protest.
    Posted by Kirk6

yes! just like the NYC snow / sanitation workers rebelled the call to duty!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : you can view them on youtube. fun videos to watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH1LnAQp4cM
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

davis needs to be locked in a storm cellar with russell for a month.  put shak in there for a few days too to get back on track

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : What is up with all the defensiveness?  I thought this board was about talking hoops?  This post wasn't about whether it was a good game or not, or whether the Celtics won, or whether Davis is good or not. It was a post about a 23 rebound discrepancy at the power forward spot.  That's really all it's about.  It just kinda jumped out at me.  Call me crazy.  Ha.
    Posted by Icon11

the only defensiveness i see is from you.  24 to 1 is easy pickin's.  it should have never happened.  if you count halogoody's minutes it's 24-?.  not much better.  but my point was that half of the key characters off the bench stank and milicitch wipes his @sse with shak.  it was bad all over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I think Doc talked to the team about rebounding at the half, and they did seem to pick it up some in the 2nd half as a team.  In the post game they asked Doc about rebounding and he said it was good because it gives them something specific to work on getting better at.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rivers doesn't care about rebounds. He coaches the team to get back on defense and not try for offensive rebounds. And, as Tommy mentioned tonight, no one bothers to block out anymore. I remember when there were a lot of players like Kevin Love who took pride in rebounding. Wilt, Russell, Rodman, etc.. Players today are lazy. In that regard what ever happened to the full court press? If a coach told today's plays to run a full court press, they'd all be on the phone to their agents or the union after the game in protest.
    Posted by Kirk6

Rivers cares about rebounds but he teaches his players to get back on defense vs crashing the OFFENSIVE boards. If you notice, our problem has been on the defensive boards... we're getting destroyed because we're not good enough on the defensive boards. I guarantee Doc does care about that.

Regarding the full court press... never see anyone using it unless in the final minute and giving a foul if a steal doesnt happen right away. I used to love watching it years ago... some teams would use it during the game and it really brought the intensity up.

IF we could get everyone back healthy, we'd have the depth to try it... but dont hold your breath

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : it's not acceptable.  neither is shak disappearing from the rebounding scene alltogether and getting soundly outplayed by dinko milichuck.  marcheese daniels needs to be assertive in these games that we come into down 15ppg that kg gave us.  nate needs to lose the helen keller routine and rondo needs to not just dish out 50 million assists, but do a li'l scoring too. are we missing clifford ray yet?  i'm not sure why we let him get away.
    Posted by aciemvp

Shaq hasnt played well since coming back from his calf injury. Not sure why, maybe hes still hurting or maybe cause hes getting tired or maybe hes just not as effective unless Rondo & KG are on the floor with him.

I understand you want to put blame on everyone thats not carrying their load, not just BBD... but the point is for this game vs the TWolves.. nobody got waxxed like Big Baby did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : Maybe because this is the first time you saw Kevin Love play? The guy got 31 points and 31 rebounds back in November, first time since 1982 that a player did that. And he leads the NBA in rebounding that's why it's not supposed to shock you.
    Posted by P34

Umm no.  I wasn't shocked.  I was just putting up a post that he outrebounded davis by 23.  You are defensive. Now you are insinuating I don't know who Kevin Love is.   Which is baseless.  I didn't realize I had to be shocked to put up a post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Hey we're suppose to beat Minn and we did. We won it was expected. The thing that wasn't expected is for a guy to get 24 rebs on us.

I could be wrong and not sure where to check but I watched MJ score 63 and lose against us. I'm wondering is the 24 rebs a record vs the C's? You would think with Shaq, BBD and JON that we could do better than a 4 to 1 ratio vs one guy...not a team but ONE GUY!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Hey we're suppose to beat Minn and we did. We won it was expected. The thing that wasn't expected is for a guy to get 24 rebs on us. I could be wrong and not sure where to check but I watched MJ score 63 and lose against us. I'm wondering is the 24 rebs a record vs the C's? You would think with Shaq, BBD and JON that we could do better than a 4 to 1 ratio vs one guy...not a team but ONE GUY!!
    Posted by BiasLewis

That's because young guys are always faster and quicker than the old guys. And BBD is not tall enough for Love. 

Still, the Celtics won because Wafer gave the Celtics a spark in the 2nd half. And he made up for the poor rebounding by the bigs by grabbing 6 rebounds.

In the top 10 of NBA rebounders this season, Camby is the only one above 30 years old. And only 2 are 30 years old, Pau Gasol and Reggie Evans, the rest are below 30 years of age.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not sure we won because Wafer grabbed 6 rebs. LOL! Someone had to rebound.

I think we won because bad, young teams don't know how to close games. This is still a vet team and when it gets under 5 mins in the 4th quarter bad teams don't execute as well as good teams. Just think if Love grabbed that board and passed ahead to Johnson wasn't held up by a timeout that was a break out layup. Instead they have to run a set offense which fell right into the C's hands.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Surprised Davis got 1...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'm not sure we won because Wafer grabbed 6 rebs. LOL! Someone had to rebound. I think we won because bad, young teams don't know how to close games. This is still a vet team and when it gets under 5 mins in the 4th quarter bad teams don't execute as well as good teams. Just think if Love grabbed that board and passed ahead to Johnson wasn't held up by a timeout that was a break out layup. Instead they have to run a set offense which fell right into the C's hands.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Don't sell the Celtics defense short. They held Minny to only 41.7% from the field and 29.4% from 3-point land.

Von Wafer is only averaging 0.6 rebounds per game, getting 6 boards in one game is unusual for Wafer. The Celtics won not only because of his 10 points and 6 rebounds but because he gave the Celtics a boost when the Celtics needed it the most. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um, do you realize that game came down to one possession?? Did you see the traveling call on a free layup and block by RA? Did you watch the same game?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

This was the perfect game for Harangody. He is a position rebounder like Love. Baby gets rebounds with hustle but doesn't have the same sense of where to be to get boards (hint: between your guy and the hoop).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Baby out scored Love 15 to 12, how much did we win by?  And another thing, how do you expect Baby to rebound, when love is getting them all! HAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Love has long arms and incredible anticipation and the will to do the dirty work for the rebound...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"And yet, the C's won.  Great team effort."

Yep, that's what got lost in this thread to some degree. 

Baby in general needs to improve his rebounding. But in this game, the issue was not so much Baby's lack of rebounding but his poor defensive/offensive positioning with Love. I don't care if Glen outscored Love, Glen was taking jump shots and Love was in the paint wreaking havoc.Love is fantastic, but you don't give him 24 boards. Not without fouling out yourself and making his life on the court brutal. 

This was not a good game for Glen but Doc is good about using such a game as a motivator/lesson so let's hope the lesson is learned. Glen has to be embarassed by that, if not, he has a problem. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

This was the perfect game for Harangody. He is a position rebounder like Love. Baby gets rebounds with hustle but doesn't have the same sense of where to be to get boards (hint: between your guy and the hoop).
    Posted by existentialparquet

Except Harangody got minutes against Love and he stunk up the joint.  I saw him do a good job boxing out twice, but that's the extent of his effectiveness.  The Celtics suffered their biggest deficit (10) after Davis went to the bench and Harangody replaced him and then came back and won the game when Davis came back and Harangody went to the bench.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rebounding is about position, boxing out and desire. I know I posted this before where I read like 90% of all rebounds are grabbed below the rim.

Seems in todays NBA too many players relying on jumping instead of position & boxing out. Cant imagine how someone the size of BBD or JON or Shaq couldnt clear out underneath. More likely our older bigs need the rebound to close somewhere close to the... they cant cut and move like the younger ones.. 

BBD, I cant think up a good excuse for why he got so dominated on the boards.. Hes big and wide and seems to know fundamentals. Bad game for him (rebounding wise)  in an otherwise great season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Good post Karllost

BBD is a scoring PF who has problems against bigger PFs. That in itself is a problem. He doesn't use his body like he should. He's fell in love with the jumper and needs to get back to his baby hook in the lane. He can get that jumper all day long but he'll never get the other guy in foul trouble and he won't be in positions to get rebounds either. On defense if he doesn't clear out space 6-9 and up guys will just play tap drills with the ball.

He needs to call Cornbread Maxwell, Charles Barkley or Adrian Dantley and really get some tips on playing around the basket.

Sections
Shortcuts